Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Schefter: Steelers Not Close To Signing Bell Long-Term With Deadline Looming

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Schefter: Steelers Not Close To Signing Bell Long-Term With Deadline Looming

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    Can't say I haven't thought the same thing. Fingers crossed he passes that first pee test when he comes back.
    Me too

I think Bell is still in Stage Two of the intervention program since he was suspended to start both the 2015 and 2016 seasons - if so he may still be subject to random testing before he reports

All Players in Stage Two will be subject to unannounced testing subject to the terms of this Policy. At the sole discretion of the Medical Advisor, a Player may or may not be tested; however, if he is tested, he may not be tested more than ten (10) times during any calendar month....

A Player will remain in Stage Two for 24 months or two (2) full seasons, whichever is shorter, beginning from the later of his date of entry into Stage Two or the date of his violation within Stage Two. After 12 months in Stage Two, if the Player has not had any additional positive tests, within a reasonable time period, the Medical Director and Medical Advisor will assess the Player and decide whether he will be discharged at that time. Such determination shall be based on the Player’s compliance with the Program, clinical progress and negative testing record. If the Player is not discharged, the Medical Director and Medical Advisor will, after six months, assess whether the Player should be discharged at that time

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.n...APolicy_v2.pdf

BurghBoy412

Re: Schefter: Steelers Not Close To Signing Bell Long-Term With Deadline Looming

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Me too

I think Bell is still in Stage Two of the intervention program since he was suspended to start both the 2015 and 2016 seasons - if so he may still be subject to random testing before he reports

All Players in Stage Two will be subject to unannounced testing subject to the terms of this Policy. At the sole discretion of the Medical Advisor, a Player may or may not be tested; however, if he is tested, he may not be tested more than ten (10) times during any calendar month....

A Player will remain in Stage Two for 24 months or two (2) full seasons, whichever is shorter, beginning from the later of his date of entry into Stage Two or the date of his violation within Stage Two. After 12 months in Stage Two, if the Player has not had any additional positive tests, within a reasonable time period, the Medical Director and Medical Advisor will assess the Player and decide whether he will be discharged at that time. Such determination shall be based on the Player’s compliance with the Program, clinical progress and negative testing record. If the Player is not discharged, the Medical Director and Medical Advisor will, after six months, assess whether the Player should be discharged at that time

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.n...APolicy_v2.pdf
    Sounds like he's still being monitored. Good!