Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bryant wants 'man to man' talk with Ben over critical remarks

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Re: Bryant wants 'man to man' talk with Ben over critical remarks

Wouldn't it be nice if they did their "talking" on the field...
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Because a mature attitude is you simply talk to Ben during the mini-camp you just spent together or talk to him when you get to Latrobe in two weeks rather than tell a reporter you are not happy about what Ben said and need to have a talk that you could have but have not already held.

Bryant wanted to generate a story so everyone would know he is ticked off at Ben based upon whatever reasoning goes into a five star screwup brooding about being called out for his past idiotic behavior.

Charles Manson or the Unabomber would be fan favorites if they had a dozen sacks or ten touchdowns and I agree with previous posts that all will be forgiven if Bryant consistently plays this season as well as he has intermittently played in 2014 and 2015.

But he is simply and intentionally stirring s**t in this instance after claiming this was how he intended to deal with the situation last January in this interview

Will you say anything to the team if you go back?

MB: No. What happened happened. What’s done is done. There’s nothing for me to say. Just move on and show with my actions. They’ll see on the field. I’m not going to go back and say nothing. They’re grown men....

Last year, when you were banned, Ben Roethlisberger said you had lied to him. Are you worried about your relationship with your quarterback?

MB: I’m a grown man and he’s a grown man. I’m not going up to another grown man and explain my business to him. I understand he’s my teammate and I love my teammate and he’s a leader. But I have my own life and he has his own life.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/13/ma...-reinstatement

So Bryant does not have to say anything to anyone on the Steelers about his serial misconduct because that is how "grown men" handle it but Ben has to "give his own opinion, man to man, about why he did that" to Bryant to explain why Ben called him out for his screwups?

Got it.

Agreed I am ready for the offseason to end

Martavis Bryant is a grown man, and James Harrison is a grown man.

I wonder how Martavis will feel about his statement about explaining himself when James Harrison has him around the neck?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Martavis Bryant is a grown man
    Being grown doesn't make one a man. I don't see a lot of manhood coming out of MB.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Fixed it for you.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

In the movie "Friday", James Harrison would obviously be Deebo and Bryant would be Smokey.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Being grown doesn't make one a man. I don't see a lot of manhood coming out of MB.
    Martavis Bryant got triggered by someone else's comments based around the clearly stupid and irresponsible team-damaging choices he made. He clearly didn't give a damn about "man to man talk" when he left the Steelers short a receiver and forced to go with Stone-hands Sammie Coates last year because he didn't go to his drug testing program, knowing what was at stake and the reprocussions he was facing.

He's grown, but he isn't a man. He's a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Martavis Bryant got triggered by someone else's comments based around the clearly stupid and irresponsible team-damaging choices he made. He clearly didn't give a damn about "man to man talk" when he left the Steelers short a receiver and forced to go with Stone-hands Sammie Coates last year because he didn't go to his drug testing program, knowing what was at stake and the reprocussions he was facing.

He's grown, but he isn't a man. He's a ****.
    That's a bit unfair. You're basically saying he's the exact same man now that he was a year ago, when there's been several reports and comments by several others that he has, in fact, changed considerably.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Martavis Bryant is a grown man
    LOL that made me think of this

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

it's pot not heroin...
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Sounds great

At first, the person feels a few moments of serenity, but within seconds, that feeling turns to suffering and can force the person to vomit.

The effect shortly fades away, and practitioners say it’s worth it, claiming the process can cure depression, drug dependency, heart problems, high blood pressure and gastrointestinal issues.

“You throw up, you feel very sick, you feel like you’re going to die,” [one person] said, laughing. “And finally it’s going away, and after that, you have a kind of a feeling of being relieved.”

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=46431345

So much for Bryant getting adult supervision to stay clean

When Bryant fails another drug test he presumably will blame this

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Sounds great

At first, the person feels a few moments of serenity, but within seconds, that feeling turns to suffering and can force the person to vomit.

The effect shortly fades away, and practitioners say it’s worth it, claiming the process can cure depression, drug dependency, heart problems, high blood pressure and gastrointestinal issues.

“You throw up, you feel very sick, you feel like you’re going to die,” [one person] said, laughing. “And finally it’s going away, and after that, you have a kind of a feeling of being relieved.”

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=46431345

So much for Bryant getting adult supervision to stay clean

When Bryant fails another drug test he presumably will blame this
    I know, right. Reading that, I instantly thought of Alexs' treatments in A Clockwork Orange... kinda disturbing.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Article on Steelers Depot today that provides context and all of Bryant's interview. Turns out to be a much more contrite and softer worded deal. So oddly enough an off season story is overblow. How unexpected.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/07...-stop-smoking/

I think Bryant has licked too many of those poison frogs he was using for recovery...