Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bryant wants 'man to man' talk with Ben over critical remarks

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Bryant wants 'man to man' talk with Ben over critical remarks

WTF?

When the Pittsburgh Steelers report to training camp in a couple of weeks, wide receiver Martavis Bryant would like to have a talk with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

"I feel like we need to," Bryant told ESPN on Thursday during a break from his offseason workouts here in the 109-degree Nevada desert heat. "We should have a man-to-man. Because some of the things he put out there about me, I kind of didn't agree with how he did it. So I want to sit down and hear his own opinion, man-to-man, about why he did that." ...

"Man-to-man talk. You put it out there, man-to-man, explain to me what you mean."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...itical-remarks

Ben meant this

“We talked a lot, every day during his suspension we talked. And then, when [the second suspension] happened, we talked, as soon as the news broke I kind of asked him what happened. He said some things that were just kind of disappointing.”

Roethlisberger said Bryant lied to him, both before the suspension was announced and after.

“I just think the approach, the denial of everything. Looking me in my eye and denying everything, it’s tough. It disappoints you as a man and a guy who cared so much about him. I obviously care a lot about him as a person and a football player.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201607290198

And this

“It’s more than just me. He has to win back everybody’s trust,” Roethlisberger said. “I would hope he comes up to me and we go somewhere to talk in private. After that, he has to show with his work ethic and by staying clean that he cares — really cares — about us."

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/r...s/201705050042

Bryant needs to STFU and quit pretending he somehow has been wronged because of his self-created mess. But denial and blame shifting are part of the package for those who cannot give up self-destructive behavior - hard to be optimistic Bryant has put his problems away for good.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Bryant wants 'man to man' talk with Ben over critical remarks

"man to man talk"? How about just amke up for lost time on the football field

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

stfu MB
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Yeesh. The Smith-Schuster pick is already looking better and better...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Yeesh. The Smith-Schuster pick is already looking better and better...
    This.

MB thinks Ben owes him an apology??? Use the punk up for a couple years on the cheap and let him walk.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    MB thinks Ben owes him an apology??? Use the punk up for a couple years on the cheap and let him walk.
    And then he'll STFU and go tear up the league with the Patriots.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Still the same ol immature guy I see.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Then we'll hear again about how much of a geeeen-yus Belicheat is.

Bryant needs to STFU. He's lucky he's even allowed to keep playing.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Is there something stopping this shit for brains from contacting Ben and talking to him????? No.

Is he implying that he wasn't lying to Ben before he got caught using pot again?????? I guess he was telling Ben he was toking up every day......Yeah......right.

So Ben was talking to him after he made the first mistake, and checking on him to see how he is doing.........but Bryant is the one that feels betrayed???????

I'm not sure this dude is ever going to grow up and become a man.

He needs to STFU and atone for his mistake.

Nobody owes him anything. He is the one with explaining to do to his disappointed teammates.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Is there something stopping this shit for brains from contacting Ben and talking to him????? No.
    Post-Gazette has picked up the story from ESPN and agrees with your comments

It’s a little bit strange that Bryant would let his feelings be known to a reporter during the middle of the summer when he had countless opportunities to request a sit-down with Roethlisberger in the spring. If it bothered him that much that they hadn’t talked about the comments then why not confront him immediately upon his reinstatement?

Oh well. They’ll have another six weeks to hash it out in training camp. Or maybe they won’t, and this soap opera can drag right on into the regular season.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/2...s/201707140160

Well now we know what Ben and Bryant will be asked about when everyone gets to Latrobe later this month

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The Steelers without drama is impossible!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Meh. The first 95-Yard TD pass to Bryant will cure everything,

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

lets just remember this ..... Ben and Haley do not speak to one another , they dislike one another , they have had no contact ... blah blah blah blah ...the media is click bait , misquotes , out of context speak etc etc etc ...they are pot stirrers , this very well could be just another example of " fake news "

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

The dude missed an entire year because of his own bonehead move, and the team noticeably suffered because of it.

The only thing you should be saying in that situation is "I can't believe what an idiot I am, I'm a little nervous to show my face around here because I let everyone down, I hope they'll forgive me, and overall I just feel like I should crawl into a garbage can."

Instead he talks shit on Twitter all year and trashes his teammates in the offseason (first Coates, now this). smh.

Mark my words, even if this clown passes all his drug tests, he's going to get arrested or something before the end of the year, and this will be his last season with the team, likely in the league.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Hopefully Juju lives up to his billing. I see no reason to keep Bryant after his contract is up. Let Miami or Jacksonville blow a bunch of money on him and then watch him use the lack of a QB as an excuse to not live up to his contract

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    The dude missed an entire year because of his own bonehead move, and the team noticeably suffered because of it.

The only thing you should be saying in that situation is "I can't believe what an idiot I am, I'm a little nervous to show my face around here because I let everyone down, I hope they'll forgive me, and overall I just feel like I should crawl into a garbage can."

Instead he talks shit on Twitter all year and trashes his teammates in the offseason (first Coates, now this). smh.

Mark my words, even if this clown passes all his drug tests, he's going to get arrested or something before the end of the year, and this will be his last season with the team, likely in the league.
    True story...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Brady will be gone in 2 years.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Meh. The first 95-Yard TD pass to Bryant will cure everything,
    Yep! ...and JuJu is going to replace Coates not Bryant.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

it's on Martavis to fix the relationship with Ben, not the other way around...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Still the same ol immature guy I see.
    Most of these guys are immature and Bryant at 25 still has some growing up to do. But lets not forget Ben was 27 when he demonstrated his maturity.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

It is going to take awhile for all of the pot to dissipate from his brain. His mind is still clouded and he has limited self-awareness. He needs to grow up and be a man. He is the one who F'd up and let the team down.
    All Defense!

BurghBoy412

Aaaaand another non issue gets published and blown outta proportion! Bryant hasn't even been fully reinstated yet. I'm not sure he can play in games yet. He's allowed to practice but not sure if he can suit up on Sunday. Personally I'd rather they cut ties with Bryant and see how well Tone, Eli, and JuJu do together. Martavis Bryant is a loser and he's going nowhere FAST!

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    lets just remember this ..... Ben and Haley do not speak to one another , they dislike one another , they have had no contact ... blah blah blah blah ...the media is click bait , misquotes , out of context speak etc etc etc ...they are pot stirrers , this very well could be just another example of " fake news "
    Agreed......when does camp start? ��

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Ben called Bryant out the season before last with how he expected more from Bryant. This is being played like a rebuttal. "Man to Man"? Not sure if Bryant understands fully why he's called "Big Ben". The leader of THIS team is not going to be intimidated by some 'what could be' player that continually lets the team down. De-esculate, Bryant, or this will not end quite the way you expect.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

My son just turned three, and he wanted to have a man-to-man about his bedtime.

#allegory

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I think this thread is blowing it out of proportion even from the article. Here's Bryant's quote:

"We should have a man-to-man. Because some of the things he put out there about me, I kind of didn't agree with how he did it. So I want to sit down and hear his own opinion, man-to-man, about why he did that.
    So, what's immature about that? I read him saying, "we need to get together so I can hear from him what he really meant." IDK, but that's a pretty mature attitude. He's not going to react, he's just going to go talk to the guy.

And then, there's the following quote later in the article from Ben's statement he was disappointed and Bryant let down the team:

"At that time, I was going through a lot of stuff. I wasn't really even worried about his opinion at that time, because there was just a lot that was going on," Bryant said Thursday. "He's my brother. I love him. But at the same time, I have my own family outside of football. I have my own problems. I'm not just going to come up to you and open up to you about what's going on with my personal life. That's not how I am. We just didn't see eye-to-eye on that, but as far as right now, everything's great."
    Again, I see nothing earthshaking in that statement. In fact, it sounds like he has his head on his shoulders finally as he statement is basically: "I didn't worry about them at the time because I had to focus on getting my crap together." Also note he went out of his way to say he has no problem with Ben.

On top of that, all of this is actually in response to Ben saying he hoped Bryant would come and talk to him. Bryant's response: "Yeah, you're right, we should have a man-to-man discussion."

-------------

I so can't wait for the season to start.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I think this thread is blowing it out of proportion even from the article. Here's Bryant's quote:

So, what's immature about that? I read him saying, "we need to get together so I can hear from him what he really meant." IDK, but that's a pretty mature attitude. He's not going to react, he's just going to go talk to the guy.

And then, there's the following quote later in the article from Ben's statement he was disappointed and Bryant let down the team:

Again, I see nothing earthshaking in that statement. In fact, it sounds like he has his head on his shoulders finally as he statement is basically: "I didn't worry about them at the time because I had to focus on getting my crap together." Also note he went out of his way to say he has no problem with Ben.

On top of that, all of this is actually in response to Ben saying he hoped Bryant would come and talk to him. Bryant's response: "Yeah, you're right, we should have a man-to-man discussion."

-------------

I so can't wait for the season to start.
    Once again, Craic brings reason and sanity to a thread!

Of course, if Cowher was still the coach - all this would've never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I think this thread is blowing it out of proportion even from the article. Here's Bryant's quote

We should have a man-to-man. Because some of the things he put out there about me, I kind of didn't agree with how he did it. So I want to sit down and hear his own opinion, man-to-man, about why he did that.

So, what's immature about that?
    Because a mature attitude is you simply talk to Ben during the mini-camp you just spent together or talk to him when you get to Latrobe in two weeks rather than tell a reporter you are not happy about what Ben said and need to have a talk that you could have but have not already held.

Bryant wanted to generate a story so everyone would know he is ticked off at Ben based upon whatever reasoning goes into a five star screwup brooding about being called out for his past idiotic behavior.

Charles Manson or the Unabomber would be fan favorites if they had a dozen sacks or ten touchdowns and I agree with previous posts that all will be forgiven if Bryant consistently plays this season as well as he has intermittently played in 2014 and 2015.

But he is simply and intentionally stirring s**t in this instance after claiming this was how he intended to deal with the situation last January in this interview

Will you say anything to the team if you go back?

MB: No. What happened happened. What’s done is done. There’s nothing for me to say. Just move on and show with my actions. They’ll see on the field. I’m not going to go back and say nothing. They’re grown men....

Last year, when you were banned, Ben Roethlisberger said you had lied to him. Are you worried about your relationship with your quarterback?

MB: I’m a grown man and he’s a grown man. I’m not going up to another grown man and explain my business to him. I understand he’s my teammate and I love my teammate and he’s a leader. But I have my own life and he has his own life.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/13/ma...-reinstatement

So Bryant does not have to say anything to anyone on the Steelers about his serial misconduct because that is how "grown men" handle it but Ben has to "give his own opinion, man to man, about why he did that" to Bryant to explain why Ben called him out for his screwups?

Got it.

Agreed I am ready for the offseason to end

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Because a mature attitude is you simply talk to Ben during the mini-camp you just spent together or talk to him when you get to Latrobe in two weeks rather than tell a reporter you are not happy about what Ben said and need to have a talk that you could have but have not already held.

Bryant wanted to generate a story so everyone would know he is ticked off at Ben based upon whatever reasoning goes into a five star screwup brooding about being called out for his past idiotic behavior.

Charles Manson or the Unabomber would be fan favorites if they had a dozen sacks or ten touchdowns and I agree with previous posts that all will be forgiven if Bryant consistently plays this season as well as he has intermittently played in 2014 and 2015.

But he is simply and intentionally stirring s**t in this instance after claiming this was how he intended to deal with the situation last January in this interview

Will you say anything to the team if you go back?

MB: No. What happened happened. What’s done is done. There’s nothing for me to say. Just move on and show with my actions. They’ll see on the field. I’m not going to go back and say nothing. They’re grown men....

Last year, when you were banned, Ben Roethlisberger said you had lied to him. Are you worried about your relationship with your quarterback?

MB: I’m a grown man and he’s a grown man. I’m not going up to another grown man and explain my business to him. I understand he’s my teammate and I love my teammate and he’s a leader. But I have my own life and he has his own life.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/13/ma...-reinstatement

So Bryant does not have to say anything to anyone on the Steelers about his serial misconduct because that is how "grown men" handle it but Ben has to "give his own opinion, man to man, about why he did that" to Bryant to explain why Ben called him out for his screwups?

Got it.

Agreed I am ready for the offseason to end
    True, but check out the date on that story. It was January. Remember how fast Ben matured the Midgeville incident. If Bryant has been serious about getting his life straight, then his level of maturity could be leaps and bounds above this. On top of that, he didn't say Ben "had to" give his own opinion. Rather, he would talk to Ben. It's a "clear the air" moment he's looking for, in my opinion.

As for talking about it to the press, I would like to hear the interview first. I still remember Smith supposedly guaranteeing a win over the Patriots when, in fact, he really said nothing of the sort. Instead what he said was that yeah, they would win if they did everything right.