Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You are the weakest link: OFFENSE

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: You are the weakest link: OFFENSE

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    No Sproles/Spindenfall or Joe Thomas. The whole offense sux!!
    Espeshully when they use Roosevelt Nix and David Johnson

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Jesse James. But with the weapons around him, he's fine. Wish Green stayed healthy.

Already been mentioned, road Ben is a big weak link. He needs to figure out that issue.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Drvlspwr Array title="Steel Peon has a reputation beyond repute"> Steel Peon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    Not when Bryant is on the field.
    I agree that Martavis has been our best #2 WR since Santonio Holmes (who also liked the reefer), but that position has been a sore spot for me for quite some time, and unless Bryant can make it onto the field and make a difference, then he'll be proving me right, even though I'll be happy as hell if I end up wrong.
    “They say you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. So I got rid of everything to see what I had.” ~ Steven Wright

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Peon View Post
    I agree that Martavis has been our best #2 WR since Santonio Holmes (who also liked the reefer), but that position has been a sore spot for me for quite some time, and unless Bryant can make it onto the field and make a difference, then he'll be proving me right, even though I'll be happy as hell if I end up wrong.
    Speaking of number 2's. I'm really glad the Markus Wheaton experiment is over. I suspect the organization has grown tired of inconsistent play at the position as well. Spending a 2nd round pick on JuJu gave them insurance in the case MB can't keep it together. You move JuJu out of the slot to #2 and let Eli start in the slot. If AB goes down somehow you can start JuJu , MB , and Eli. A lot of people questioned the early round selection but it makes a whole lot of sense.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    Speaking of number 2's. I'm really glad the Markus Wheaton experiment is over. I suspect the organization has grown tired of inconsistent play at the position as well. Spending a 2nd round pick on JuJu gave them insurance in the case MB can't keep it together. You move JuJu out of the slot to #2 and let Eli start in the slot. If AB goes down somehow you can start JuJu , MB , and Eli. A lot of people questioned the early round selection but it makes a whole lot of sense.
    This draft class was full of WR talent. I'm hoping they saw more than slot or #2 backup with JuJu. A 2nd round playmaker needs to impress. As of right now, I would put JuJu behind Eli on the depth chart. I'm willing to give him a year to catch up though.

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    This draft class was full of WR talent. I'm hoping they saw more than slot or #2 backup with JuJu. A 2nd round playmaker needs to impress. As of right now, I would put JuJu behind Eli on the depth chart. I'm willing to give him a year to catch up though.
    I'm sure they did see more. I was speaking for this season. I believe MB will be gone after his contract is up and JuJu will take his spot.

a substance that has been scientifically proven safer than alcohol?

Not even worth it.

And when the current federal law and all but a few state laws ban it for anything but medical, an NFL policy that follows federal law is, by definition, no obsolete or old fashioned. It's contemporary to current law. But, enough of the thread derail.
    ----------------------
    /derail
    ----------------------
    I read Jesse James in a post below. I was pretty down on him because of his blocking, but supposedly the coaches are seeing some good things in him starting last year when it comes to that. I can only hope they're right.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I'm sure they did see more. I was speaking for this season. I believe MB will be gone after his contract is up and JuJu will take his spot.
    I agree Bryant has some things to set right. I doubt he gets a second contract too, but he could pull it off. Our depth at the 'Z' spot looks like Bryant, Coates, Hunter/DHB. Unless they decide to put JuJu behind AB, Hunter backing up Rogers, and Coates splitting with Bryant for 2017. Camp needs to start. I was thinking JuJu was replacing Wheaton at slot, but for now, I would put Rogers there. Which kind of makes JuJu a disappointing pick at 2. Guess time will tell what the plan is.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I agree Bryant has some things to set right. I doubt he gets a second contract too, but he could pull it off. Our depth at the 'Z' spot looks like Bryant, Coates, Hunter/DHB. Unless they decide to put JuJu behind AB, Hunter backing up Rogers, and Coates splitting with Bryant for 2017. Camp needs to start. I was thinking JuJu was replacing Wheaton at slot, but for now, I would put Rogers there. Which kind of makes JuJu a disappointing pick at 2. Guess time will tell what the plan is.

I posted in another thread way back around the draft I suspected JuJu would see slot duty and be an insurance policy for Bryant .... since have read a few places he will be working mainly from the slot early on and see how he progresses ...

as a former Rugby player he no question has the toughness to play the slot and would make us very dangerous if he can do both and be in the 4 wide groupings .. as a side note with the absence of Green I suspect we will run more 4 wide sets considering the depth we have at WR .... put your best 11 on the field as often as possible and force them to stop you