Thread: If You Could...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

If You Could...

The random ramblings of Sanders and Wyche got me thinking. If any of us could magically add one player to the Steelers roster, who would you add and why?

Jalen Ramsey CB - over the final 5 games of his rookie year he had combined 11 interceptions and pass breakups versus 17 receptions allowed, and an opposing passer rating of 37.8 (stats via PFF).

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: If You Could...

Von Miller

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

J.J. Watt - best defensive player in the game.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    J.J. Watt - best defensive player in the game.
    When healthy, agreed.

I'll go Von Miller.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 4. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. Ryan Watts, S, Texas

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Von Miller

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Since you asked...

Paxton Lynch. Immediate backup upgrade. IMO, seamless takeover when Ben retires.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Definitely a QB

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Short-term:
    Gronk
    Why? The offense would be unstoppable.

Long-term (filling a void):
    Aaron Donald
    Why? Watt is a great choice, but Donald is younger and has less of an injury history.

Long-term (any position):
    Derek Carr
    Why? Malone, Brister, Stewart, Tomczak, Graham, Maddox.

Senior Member Array title="awe1028 will become famous soon enough">

Von Miller

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Probably Derek Carr.

Imagine how good he could be with Bell, Brown, and Bryant.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

They need a better starting safety than Mike Mitchell and more depth at the position (I still can't believe they completely ignored the position in the draft). I'd go Eric Berry. I would say Earl Thomas if he wasn't coming off an injury. Harrison Smith would also be a nice addition

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Julio Jones.

Antonio Brown and Julio Jones? Does it need an explanation?

Realistically, I'd add a solid starting #1 CB. Patrick Peterson comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

I still don't get the dislike for Mitchell (as a player) around here. I get it as far as his attitude and dancing around when players of other teams are hurt, but not as far as him actually playing the game. There's definitely other positions of need on this team.

That said . . .

If it were a one year deal: Ezekiel Elliot. I think we have enough on defense to move to man-coverage this year. That means the next biggest hurdle is filling positions if key players go down. Losing Brown made us so one-dimensional it stunk.

Multi-year addition
    : Dak Prescott? Someone who could take the reigns from Ben in a year or two.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

All good picks.

I will go with Luke Kuechly.
    Hater = Realist

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    All good picks.

I will go with Luke Kuechly.
    Khalil Mack
    Marcus Peters
    Landon Collins

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Marcus Peters ....

one of the best press man corners in the league , still young and cheap ... this addition would give us one of the better secondaries in the league if .....

Burns picks up where he left off and keeps improving , and allows you to put Sutton in the slot ...

BurghBoy412

Trumaine Johnson CB
    Xavier Rhodes CB
    Harrison Smith FS
    Chris Harris Jr. CB

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    Marcus Peters ....

one of the best press man corners in the league , still young and cheap ...

Would be my second pick after (a healthy) J.J. Watt.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Gronk would make this offense the best we've seen. I like that pick, but I'd prob go defense since it's more of a need. My pick would be Watt.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

So......in order to get your guy, you have o give up 2 current starting olinemen, and a 1st round pick. ???

BostonBlackie

Trenton Holliday would put you over the top, and he may be a free agent.

I would definitely go with QB. I think Luck would be awesome as a Steeler, where he has struggled in Indy. Mariota still has some proving to do but I like the way he plays. Same with Carr, IMO. My first choice, Lynch, I believe will be a star in the league, and just fits our style perfectly. I'm impressed with Wilson actually. Cam would be another awesome Steeler QB. Realistically though, Lynch is the only viable option.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Tom Brady. Put him straight on IR every year until he retires. No problem getting past the Patriots now, and they'll be treated to their upcoming rebuilding process a season or two early.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I'd go with Landon Collins. Only 2 years into his career and already the best safety in the NFL and one of the top players.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I'd go with Landon Collins. Only 2 years into his career and already the best safety in the NFL and one of the top players.
    Every time I see his name (or, better yet, see him play) it tears me up inside. Tomlin wanted Collins bad, but didn't have the ammunition to trade up (because, the Steelers had dealt away a R3 pick for Shamarko Thomas). ARGH!!!

A more detailed description:
    http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/...been-steelers/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I still don't get the dislike for Mitchell (as a player) around here. I get it as far as his attitude and dancing around when players of other teams are hurt, but not as far as him actually playing the game. There's definitely other positions of need on
    I agree. Mitchell, aside from his "celebrations" which I could care less about he's a good player and he brings a shit load of positives to this team aside from Sunday's. You ask any DB on this team and they will say that Mitchell had some sort of hand in their development. He's got a lot of football smarts and it helps on the field in game and practice and it helps in the locker room

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Every time I see his name (or, better yet, see him play) it tears me up inside. Tomlin wanted Collins bad, but didn't have the ammunition to trade up (because, the Steelers had dealt away a R3 pick for Shamarko Thomas). ARGH!!!

A more detailed description:
    http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/...been-steelers/
    Yep, sure would've been nice to have gotten him.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert