Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Report: Steelers CB Artie Burns Arrested Thursday Night In Florida (Driving w/suspended license)

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Report: Steelers CB Artie Burns Arrested Thursday Night In Florida (Driving w/suspended license)

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Re: Report: Steelers CB Artie Burns Arrested Thursday Night In Florida (Driving w/suspended license)

I'm not too worried about this, but I do have some questions for him. Why was his license suspended in the first place? Why didn't he use better judgement and use public transportation or have someone give him a ride? I hope we find out more regarding this.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Report: Steelers CB Artie Burns Arrested Thursday Night In Florida (Driving w/suspended license)

Can't wait for the offseason to end

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelerdude15 View Post
    I'm not too worried about this, but I do have some questions for him. Why was his license suspended in the first place? Why didn't he use better judgement and use public transportation or have someone give him a ride? I hope we find out more regarding this.
    My guess is that it was suspended because of the expired tags plus the gazillion parking tickets. Pay the fine and move on.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    My guess is that it was suspended because of the expired tags plus the gazillion parking tickets. Pay the fine and move on.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Exactly!!

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

According to a Miami radio station, his license was suspended for failing to pay $1,012.20 in traffic citations. He should have never let it get to that point since he can easily pay for the citations, but if I were him, I'd pay those citations off immediately.

Steelers' Artie Burns arrested, charged with driving with suspended license

Cornerback Artie Burns, the Steelers' first-round draft pick in 2016, was arrested Thursday night in Miami Beach, Fla., and charged with driving with a suspended license, the Miami Herald reported.

Burns, 22, was charged with failing to pay $1,012.20 in traffic citations, according to Miami sports radio station WINZ. The station reported that Burns was pulled over for an expired license plate tag.

Burns played at Miami (Fla.). In his rookie season with the Steelers, Burns had three interceptions and 65 tackles. He appeared in all 16 games.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/...pended-license

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    More than parking tickets

One of the tickets shows Burns was driving 130 mph in a 60 mph speed zone.

http://slaterscoops.com/news/2017/6/...burns-arrested

What a moron

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Ugh...dope.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

well, that was smart.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I bet they get paid now.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Atlanta Dan

More than parking tickets

One of the tickets shows Burns was driving 130 mph in a 60 mph speed zone.

http://slaterscoops.com/news/2017/6/...burns-arrested

What a moron

Hearts and smarts?

Sounds more like farts and sharts.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Dumbass....

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

At least he didn't ride a motorcycle without a helmet.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Hearts and smarts?

Sounds more like farts and sharts.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Gotta be Tomlin's discipline policy...right?? Lol

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Cowher would've never let this happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Cowher would've never let this happen.

Unless there was 6lbs of weed in the trunk.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

FIRE TOMLIN!!!!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Fire Cowher!

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    FIRE TOMLIN!!!!

YES! PUT HIS FOOT DOWN ON HIS PLAYERS! DA KEWL SHAYDEZZZ PAYED DUH ROO-KNEEEZ!!!!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Unless there was 6lbs of weed in the trunk.

Ten Best Narcotic Offenders in NFL History

10 Bam Morris

Bam Morris was fresh into a promising NFL career with the Pittsburgh Steelers when, in 1996, he was arrested with six pounds of pot in his car. He plead guilty to possession and received probation, but in 1998 he was sentenced to 10 years for parole violation.

His attorney worked hard for a plea bargain and he was out in 89 days, but Bam wasn’t done. In 2000 he was on the road to recovery with a little help from his friends once again. The FBI arrested Morris in his home and charged him with conspiracy to distrubte 100 kilograms or more of marijuana.

http://sports.gunaxin.com/ten-best-n...-history/64489

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

He makes enough $ where he can pay somebody to manage his bills. C'mon man, there's no excuse and no cure for stupid.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

Ten Best Narcotic Offenders in NFL History

10 Bam Morris

Bam Morris was fresh into a promising NFL career with the Pittsburgh Steelers when, in 1996, he was arrested with six pounds of pot in his car. He plead guilty to possession and received probation, but in 1998 he was sentenced to 10 years for parole violation.

His attorney worked hard for a plea bargain and he was out in 89 days, but Bam wasn’t done. In 2000 he was on the road to recovery with a little help from his friends once again. The FBI arrested Morris in his home and charged him with conspiracy to distrubte 100 kilograms or more of marijuana.

http://sports.gunaxin.com/ten-best-n...-history/64489
    Bam Morris shouldve been a Cowboy. Him and Nate Newton could've started a drug trafficking empire.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

The guy hasn't even proven himself on the field, but has proven himself to be an idiot off the field.

I fully expect more moronic issues with this guy during his career.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

I don't understand how so many NFL players do stupid crap.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steel striker View Post
    I don't understand how so many NFL players do stupid crap.
    Because, they're coddled. Really. Antonio Gates got caught for drunk driving, but the CHP officer was a Chargers fan; so, instead of giving him a DUI, the officer gave him a ride home.

That reminds me me of a story...

My brother was working at Torrey Pines State Park, when a powder blue Bentley pulls in. The driver (Gates) tells my brother to open up the gates; my brothers asks for the $6.00 parking fee... to which, Gates replies: "Don't you know who I am!?!" My brother pulls out/puts on his Steelers cap and responds: "Yeah... you're the guy who's going to pay $6.00."

Because most of them are under 26 and haven't heard the word "no" since they were 14.

I used to work in the PR department for a Professional Sports franchise and Rich Gannon's brother called looking for special treatment and tickets and he made sure it was known he was Rich Gannon's brother, several times. Even though I knew exactly who Rich Gannon was and I believe he was also on one of my fantasy teams at the time, I proceeded to apologize to him and tell him I didn't know who he was talking about and that we didn't have a Rich Gannon. I could tell he was getting furious...lol.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Because, they're coddled. Really. Antonio Gates got caught for drunk driving, but the CHP officer was a Chargers fan; so, instead of giving him a DUI, the officer gave him a ride home.

That reminds me me of a story...

My brother was working at Torrey Pines State Park, when a powder blue Bentley pulls in. The driver (Gates) tells my brother to open up the gates; my brothers asks for the $6.00 parking fee... to which, Gates replies: "Don't you know who I am!?!" My brother pulls out/puts on his Steelers cap and responds: "Yeah... you're the guy who's going to pay $6.00."
    Sounds like your brother was quite the Gateskeeper.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

He needs to grow up and not act like he is entitled to everything