Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The New Steel Curtain

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: The New Steel Curtain

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    They just need to be better against great passing offense and this defense will be very good.

Bud Dupree had a ton to do with that final row. And, yes, I also realize that moved Jones to the bench full-time. But it also moved all other pass rush options not named "Harrison" to the bench as well.

Harrison, Dupree, Watt, and ??? -- that could put up some nice sack #'s.

BostonBlackie

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Bud Dupree had a ton to do with that final row. And, yes, I also realize that moved Jones to the bench full-time. But it also moved all other pass rush options not named "Harrison" to the bench as well.
    Yep.

Using my sliderule and the Deacon Jones algorithm, it was 37% Harrison taking all the snaps from Jones and 63% due to Dupree returning to the lineup.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

But without taking anything away to the Steelers, the best offense against which the Steelers have played in the last 7 games were probably the Ravens who fired their OC during the season!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Yep.

Using my sliderule and the Deacon Jones algorithm, it was 37% Harrison taking all the snaps from Jones and 63% due to Dupree returning to the lineup.
    "That boy'd have to use a slide rule to find me in here."

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Should we see a lot of defense with Heyward, Tuitt, Alualu, and Hargrave on the field at the same time? Walton and Maxey (6)

Personnel changes at LB 2/3/4 depending on field position, game situations, and conditions. (9)

DBs Burns, Cockrell, Sutton, Gay, Sensabaugh, Davis, Mitchell, Golden, Dangerfield, and Hilton fill out the rest. (10)

I just feel that our best defensive players are on the defensive line right now. Add in a healthy Shazier, Dupree, Harrison, and Watt, then our secondary only has to play not to give up the big play. A better pass rush also equates to more turnovers.

I can live if our defense gives some big play and if it means that the opposing QB has a much lower completion% and that the opposing offense has more than 3 and out.More 3 and out means that our offense is more often on the field

When the opponent just makes dink and dunk with a quick passing game and the defense are on the field for at least 5 minutes per drive as in the game against the eagles last year I have the taste to throw the TV out the window.