Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worse Pick – Jarvis Jones or Dri Archer?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: Worse Pick – Jarvis Jones or Dri Archer?

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I think that this post nails it.

Archer was easily the worse player.

Jones was the worse pick.
    This is the answer.

Senior Member Array title="awe1028 will become famous soon enough">

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Jones.

He was a first round pick.

We desperately needed him to perform on defense.

Then we wasted years giving him a chance.

Epic fail squared.
    Was about to respond to the thread and then I saw your post. It so perfectly reflects my views of Jones as being so much worse than Archer that I simply quoted it and essentially bolded it in its entirety.

Senior Member Array title="zulater has a reputation beyond repute"> zulater's Avatar

Two picks that obviously didn't work out. You can piss and moan all you want and grouse how idiotic the Steelers were to make these picks but I'll come back and say "So effing what?"

Here's how I view those drafts.

In the 2014 draft we got Ryan Shazier, Stephon Tuitt, and Martavis Bryant. If Bryant keeps his nose clean I call this 3 high end starters. Any draft that produces 3 high end starters is a pretty damn good draft if you ask me.

As far as JArvis Jones and the 2013 draft. That was a weak draft by any standards but yeah no question Jones was a failed pick. But me being a glass half full guy, rather than lament and moan how a wasted first round pick is supposedly insurmountable and sets back the franchise decades I instead applaud the Steelers for going against virtually everyone's better judgement and passing on Eddie Lacy and using their 2nd round pick, (48th overall) to procure inarguably the best player of the entire draft in Le'Veon Bell.
    "A man's got to know his limitations."