Thread: Pens add muscle with Reaves

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Pens add muscle with Reaves

The Pens' star players took a lot of abuse during the past two seasons, especially during their back-to-back Stanley Cup championship runs in 2016 and '17.

On occasion, that abuse crossed the line beyond just the normal physical play one expects during a game.

The Pens tackled that issue by adding a little bit of muscle to their lineup with arguably the best deterrent in the NHL.

Pittsburgh acquired forward Ryan Reaves from the St. Louis Blues during Day 1 of the NHL Draft at Chicago's United Center on Friday night...........

Read more @ https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/pens-add-muscle-with-reaves/c-290108528

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Pens add muscle with Reaves

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    The Pens' star players took a lot of abuse during the past two seasons, especially during their back-to-back Stanley Cup championship runs in 2016 and '17.

On occasion, that abuse crossed the line beyond just the normal physical play one expects during a game.

The Pens tackled that issue by adding a little bit of muscle to their lineup with arguably the best deterrent in the NHL.

Pittsburgh acquired forward Ryan Reaves from the St. Louis Blues during Day 1 of the NHL Draft at Chicago's United Center on Friday night...........

Read more @ https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/pens-add-muscle-with-reaves/c-290108528

Necessary move - better response would be for the league to stop allowing games to be played like Steelers-Ravens in 2008 (which is why Crosby had enough and dribbled Suban's head on the ice since the refs were not going to stop what was happening) but that is a non-starter

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Necessary move - better response would be for the league to stop allowing games to be played like Steelers-Ravens in 2008 (which is why Crosby had enough and dribbled Suban's head on the ice since the refs were not going to stop what was happening) but that is a non-starter
    Sounds like a great pickup.

Speaking of abuse and the Ravens....was the 6 TD game Ben had against them in 2014 after getting abused and bloodied up early?

Ravens vs. Steelers final score: Ben Roethlisberger throws for six more touchdowns in 43-23 rout of Baltimore

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...ore-week-9-nfl
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

BurghBoy412

His season high is 13 points. Hopefully fans will be knowledgeable enough to know this wasn't a move made to add another scorer.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

All of the armchair GMs out there are up in arms over it.

Pens fans: "We need to protect Crosby!!"

Jim Rutherford: goes out and adds grit just as he said he wanted to

Pens fans: "STUPID MOVE! GAVE UP TOO MUCH! $#-@_!!!!!"

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    All of the armchair GMs out there are up in arms over it.

Pens fans: "We need to protect Crosby!!"

Jim Rutherford: goes out and adds grit just as he said he wanted to

Pens fans: "STUPID MOVE! GAVE UP TOO MUCH! $#-@_!!!!!"
    Its a great move IMO. The pens have a ton of skill and speed but they definitely lack a big forward that can post up in front of the net and push bodies around. I'd also think it's safe to say Reaves has never played with the caliber of players the likes of Sid and Geno.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    Its a great move IMO. The pens have a ton of skill and speed but they definitely lack a big forward that can post up in front of the net and push bodies around. I'd also think it's safe to say Reaves has never played with the caliber of players the likes of Sid and Geno.
    I'm with you. Sundqvist was pretty good here for the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pens, but he wasn't in the plans for Pittsburgh so he became dispensible. I've personally never seen Reaves in action, but I'll put my trust in Rutherford.

Original Member Array title="steelerdude15 has a brilliant future"> steelerdude15's Avatar

Sid needs the help/protection. Hopefully Reaves can provide that for him. With the way this team is built, we'll probably see Reaves as a 4th liner.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Reeves will be a fan favorite in no time.

Many made a huge deal out of the trade with the Pens moving down 20 spots, but from what I heard they were going to take the kid(Zachary Lauzon) they selected in round 2 with their first round pick if they didn't make the trade. So if that's the case the trade was great.

Now only if they can find a third line center. (Wonder if Ryan Shazier can play center?)
    Last edited by BlackAndGold; 07-21-2017 at 02:56 AM.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6. Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington