Thread: One Reporter Says “Don’t Be Surprised If Golson’s Cut”

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

One Reporter Says “Don’t Be Surprised If Golson’s Cut”

I wouldn't be surprised at all.

I don’t mean to harp on Senquez Golson but it’s definitely been a bad two months if you’re still holding onto any of his stock. Us in the blogging universe have mused about the chances he gets cut. Evidently, we’re not the only ones. In yesterday’s chat, Ray Fittipaldo made a similar prediction.

Here’s the bulk of his response.
    “Don’t be surprised if he is cut…He was a second-round pick and I don’t think he lasted past his second year. There have been plenty of others. Golson is in a crowded CB room. Burns, Cockrell and Sutton have the team made and probably Gay too. They brought in Sensabaugh as a free agent and they seem to like this Hilton, another free agent. He has his work cut out for him in camp.”

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/06...d-golsons-cut/

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: One Reporter Says Dont Be Surprised If Golsons Cut

The silver lining are the words "Sutton has the team made."

As I've averred, Sutton will be the steal of the 2017 NFL Draft.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

He's expendable

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: One Reporter Says “Don’t Be Surprised If Golson’s Cut”

Wouldn't be shocking at all.

Burns, Cockrell, Gay, Sutton, Coty, Brian Allen, Hilton(who has impressed)
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

I'm shocked by this development.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Sucks, I had high hopes for him, but the injuries derailed his career before it started. If he is cut, I can see another team giving him a shot.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I wouldn't be surprised. He's barely even been on the practice field.

As someone else pointed out a month or two ago - the guy hasn't seen a competitive game of football in almost three years, and hasn't really practiced with a team in that long either. To expect him to come in and play in the NFL after that kind of a layoff is pretty far-fetched. It would be a significant accomplishment even for an established veteran. For a guy who's NEVER played in the league at all, I have a hard time imagining it.

Then again, Spence did the same thing and was somewhat effective, so who knows. But IIRC, he was like an A++++ prospect as far as ability, whereas for Golson I've mostly heard question marks.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I'm hearing he's no longer 'NFL fast'. There were some DBs running 4.7s that got drafted pretty early. So how slow is he running now?

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

I was surprised when he was drafted. I doubt I will be surprised when he is cut. Steelers might be better off avoiding the tiny guys in the higher rounds.
    All Defense!

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    I was surprised when he was drafted. I doubt I will be surprised when he is cut. Steelers might be better off avoiding the tiny guys in the higher rounds.
    Yea, I wasn't happy when he was drafted in the first place. He was way too small, especially for a 2nd round pick.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play! - Jack Lambert