Thread: Steelers receiver depth unlike anything veteran coach has seen

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Steelers receiver depth unlike anything veteran coach has seen

Steelers receivers coach Richard Mann has been an assistant coach in the NFL since 1982. Over that time he has coached some of the game’s best receivers from his current star pupil Antonio Brown to Wesley Walker when he first entered the league and many others in between, including Keyshawn Johnson with whom he won his only Super Bowl.

But never in his 33 years of coaching has he ever had a receiving group as deep as the one he is coaching this spring..........

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201706140042

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Steelers receiver depth unlike anything veteran coach has seen

Mann can stick around as much as he wants. I think he is itching to retire soon though.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

We have heard this before, but Mann is on his last go round

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/06...-final-season/

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    We have heard this before, but Mann is on his last go round

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/06...-final-season/
    Tomlin talked him out of retirement in 2013. Sounds like he's made his decision.

Didn't even see this article, though. Thanks for posting.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Tomlin talked him out of retirement in 2013. Sounds like he's made his decision.

Didn't even see this article, though. Thanks for posting.
    It was pure coincidence that I saw this thread and the article at about the same time - yah browser tabs!

Too bad that DHB isn't a few years older. I think he might make a good coach.

Wonder if they will continue the trend of bringing on former Steelers players as position coaches or if they will go outside the organization?

Also may finally provide and answer to the question of whether or not the scouts or the coaches are to be "credited" for the recent WR pipeline.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Hopefully they can get Coach Mann a ring.

I'm sure it won't be hard to hire a coach to replace him. Who wouldn't want to coach these receivers?
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa