Thread: Another pointless offseason debate starter....

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Another pointless offseason debate starter....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...t-the-patriots

Big Ben got the number 1 Patriot killer vote.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Another pointless offseason debate starter....

What gives anyone any inclination that Marshawn Lynch is still "beastly"?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    What gives anyone any inclination that Marshawn Lynch is still "beastly"?
    It's based on one play during a minicamp practice that went viral going up against the raiders bottom 10 defense

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I love how the 'Beast Mode' moniker came from a run against the Saints' worst tackling defense in history. Record setting bad defense. We probably have a few posters on this forum that could've ran through those guys. But it's forever now. 'Beast Mode' Lynch. Just like those fans in Seattle "invented" 12th man.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    It's based on one play during a minicamp practice that went viral going up against the raiders bottom 10 defense
    Figures. Did he grab his junk afterwards, as usual?

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Figures. Did he grab his junk afterwards, as usual?
    If I remember correctly no, he just did his stupid dive into the endzone

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

If I remember correctly no, he just did his stupid dive into the endzone
    It'd be kinda funny if he landed "wrong" and wound up on IR...

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Regardless of Beast Mode's beastiness...

The Raidahs are indeed on the verge of being dominant in the AFC. I expect them to be in 7 of the next 10 AFCCGs.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Like him or hate him, Lynch (in his prime) was one of the most violent runners in the league. https://youtu.be/6xftLbeMhcI

Also, the Raiders are coming for the rest of the league...and they look terrifying.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Also, the Raiders are coming for the rest of the league...and they look terrifying.
    Yep.

If they had traded up for Reddick (as was rumored), I'd have slotted them into the SuperBowl. ILB is their only real weakness. Of course, if Conley pans out (they get a steal), then they would simply go nickel on every down (eliminating the hole at ILB).

In other words, I'm more worried about the Raidahs than I am of the Taperiots. That is NOT a slight of the Taperiots; that is how much respect I have for the Raidahs.

The Raiders need to demonstrate significant strides on defense before overtaking the Cheaters. They finished bottom 10 in total, rushing, and pass defense and were 20th in scoring defense. Otherwise, in a playoff game against them, they'll get torched by Brady, while Oakland's offense won't be able to score enough points going against New England's defense

Same thing goes for Pittsburgh, their secondary and pass rush needs to be better against New England if they want any chance of beating them

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Another pointless offseason debate starter....

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Like him or hate him, Lynch (in his prime) was one of the most violent runners in the league. https://youtu.be/6xftLbeMhcI

I've always thought him to be overrated as a back. With the exception of maybe 3 of those highlights, you can see the rest of those runs on any given Sunday and it helps that some of those poor tackling defenses were bottom of the barrel as far as the NFL is concerned. The other 3 or so are pretty nice highlights...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I've always thought him to be overrated as a back. With the exception of maybe 3 of those highlights, you can see the rest of those runs on any given Sunday and it helps that some of those poor tackling defenses were bottom of the barrel as far as the NFL is concerned. The other 3 or so are pretty nice highlights...
    I don't know. Lynch likely isn't an all time great, but he was one of the 5 best backs in the league for the majority of his career.

For many of the seasons he played and played very well, he was on offenses that were essentially "line it up and give it Lynch".

The Raiders need to demonstrate significant strides on defense before overtaking the Cheaters. They finished bottom 10 in total, rushing, and pass defense and were 20th in scoring defense. Otherwise, in a playoff game against them, they'll get torched by Brady, while Oakland's offense won't be able to score enough points going against New England's defense
    True

I just feel that the Raidahs are about to explode. That young defense will catch up to its already very good offense... and they will be "the team to beat in the AFC" for the next decade.

Ebb and flow. Today, I like our offense vs their defense. I like our defense against their offense as well. They may very well catch us, but I still put us ahead of them, and we're still young as well. If Dobbs can use the weapons efficiently, we shouldn't have such a huge dropoff when Ben retires. IF....

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Ebb and flow. Today, I like our offense vs their defense. I like our defense against their offense as well. They may very well catch us, but I still put us ahead of them, and we're still young as well. If Dobbs can use the weapons efficiently, we shouldn't have such a huge dropoff when Ben retires. IF....
    As long as BB is playing, we're ahead of them.

The second he retires...

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    As long as BB is playing, we're ahead of them.

The second he retires...
    Yep.