Thread: Moats Can Tell That Watt’s Rookie Learning Curve Hasn’t Been Very Steep

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Moats Can Tell That Watt’s Rookie Learning Curve Hasn’t Been Very Steep

The days of Pittsburgh Steelers rookie defensive players waiting a considerable amount of time before they see extensive playing time now appear to be long behind us and that was never more evident than last season when the team’s top three draft picks, cornerback Artie Burns, safety Sean Davis and defensive tackle Javon Hargrave, all ultimately become starters and played a considerable amount of snaps during their first NFL seasons.
    The Steelers top draft pick this year was former Wisconsin outside linebacker T.J. Watt and veteran outside linebacker Arthur Moats said over the weekend in an interview on SiriusXM NFL Radio that he believes there’s no reason to think that his new teammate won’t start seeing the field on defense sooner rather than later.
    “It’s night and day when it comes to the mental load that he [Dick LeBeau] would put on players and require of them compared to what we have with Coach [Keith] Butler,” Moats said when talking about how tough it was for younger players to start seeing the field back when Dick LeBeau was the team’s defensive coordinator. “But, I feel like with T.J., the thing that benefits him the most is that when he came from Wisconsin, he said that a lot of the schemes and stuff that he ran there, and concepts, carried over to what we are running here.

More..
    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/06...e-hasnt-steep/

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Moats Can Tell That Watt’s Rookie Learning Curve Hasn’t Been Very Steep

The sooner Watt plays and makes an impact the better. I think Watt is going to do great in the pros

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Watching Watt here in Madison, I am literally giddy about what he can do as a pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Hopefully he can get to the QB. I am sure he will be fine in coverage.
    Hater = Realist

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Moats Can Tell That Watt’s Rookie Learning Curve Hasn’t Been Very Steep

It's probably just me but I have a feeling that Watt may wind up being a decent player (I really like him and liked the pick) but I feel like it's not going to be with Pittsburgh. Of course I have no evidence of this, it's just a hunch that the Watt/Steelers relationship is going to go south at some point. Probably nothing but a paranoid feeling...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

My guess is Watts doesn't get stoned when he goes home and consume all of his time thinking about how he can get around the NFL's policies. He probably works out a lot and studies the game. That's what I would do.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

May they bring much misery on all QB's for many years to come!

Last edited by Shoes; 06-06-2017 at 07:54 PM.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

I can't say where he will be this year.

But I do believe his work ethic on and off the field will be inspiring and he will be a great team mate.

Long term my guess is he will work as hard as anyone else and improve year over year like Brown, at least to the limit of his potential.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

On Tuesday, the Steelers opened their annual mandatory minicamp and according to Aditi Kinkhabwala of the NFL Network, inside linebacker Vince Williams talked glowingly about Watt at the conclusion of practice. Williams reportedly said that Watt is the most-ready rookie he’s ever seen and that he’s never lost mentally.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/06...ams-readiness/

http://www.nfl.com/videos/up-to-the-...dy-as-T-J-Watt

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

“Keep watching,” Tomlin said. “We haven’t hit anybody yet, either. Guys tend to get less prepared as the contact increases. We’ll see.”
    This is Tomlin Speak for:

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post

I think coaches expect out of shape rookies who are thick as a brick and sit on the bench for 3 years. This has been the norm for many years, hopefully last years draft was a turning point. I have high hopes for Watt and others in this past draft, I expect a very productive first year from them. No question where Watt be from mid June to training camp. At the log cabin with JJ.

He hasn't put the pads on yet, but T.J. Watt already showing Joey Porter plenty.

Just a few hours before the team announced the signing of No. 1 draft pick T.J. Wattto a four-year contract, outside linebackers coach Joey Porter was singing his praises.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...6-81e2c4467ead

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post

“Not a lot of evaluations at this point, obviously, you guys know I’m not into evaluating football in shorts,”