Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lolley: Sutton continues to impress

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Lolley: Sutton continues to impress

Quote Originally Posted by Six Rings View Post
    I'd wait until four weeks in camp before calling him an extra first round pick. I not counting but didn't 19 other corners come off the board before him?

I'll be happy is Sutton can play the slot and add to the dime defense. He's a little light, and not fast, so he'd better have impeccable technique and a high football IQ.
    Sutton is hardly slow.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quickness and anticipation can make up for speed. However that's hard for younger players. Gay and Townsend were never fast but as they got NFL experience that mattered less and less. Another way to look at it is Burns is fast but inexperienced. Several times last year his inability to react quickly allowed players that were slower than him to beat him to a spot.

I'm rambling, but while raw speed is always a positive asset, if you don't know where to direct it, it doesn't matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Suddeness and glide can make up for speed. However that's hard for younger players. Gay and Townsend were never fast but as they got NFL experience that mattered less and less. Another way to look at it is Burns is fast but inexperienced. Several times last year his inability to react quickly allowed players that were slower than him to beat him to a spot.

I'm rambling, but while raw speed is always a positive asset, if you don't know where to direct it, it doesn't matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mojouw, you never need correcting but I made one slight edit.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Well played sir.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

YES!!!! That is so much better.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I don't know how to define it......but I know it when I see it!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Secondary as a unit needs to play better this year, and hopefully Sutton will help as a solid corner and help with playing more man coverage

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    Secondary as a unit needs to play better this year, and hopefully Sutton will help as a solid corner and help with playing more man coverage
    CBs and Safeties should play better with experience. Sutton and Golson are the wildcards. The rest have a season under their belt and should be better players for it.