Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Pens win back to back Stanley Cup

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

UPDATE: Pens win back to back Stanley Cup

Last edited by stillers4me; 06-13-2017 at 10:11 AM.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Pens vs Preds Stanley Cup Finals

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Typical bandwagon fans.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    Typical bandwagon fans.
    Yeah, Dobbs might have a Preds shirt underneath, Mr. Vols himself. Juju probably has a Kings shirt.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

The haters are out in full force for this series. Let's hope the Pens keep winning and continue to give them something to whine about.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

The haters are out in full force for this series. Let's hope the Pens keep winning and continue to give them something to whine about.
    DA PENZ PAYED DA REFS!

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    DA PENZ PAYED DA REFS!

That, and... CROSBY GETZ AWAY WITH MERDERRR!!!!

BurghBoy412

How do you guys feel about that 36 mins without a shot on goal? Does it worry you moving forward?

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    How do you guys feel about that 36 mins without a shot on goal? Does it worry you moving forward?
    Not really - they had just come off a very intense 2-OT game and there have been a couple of other games the Pens have "taken off" over the course of the playoffs so far. I have a feeling they will play much better tonight.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

That, and... CROSBY GETZ AWAY WITH MERDERRR!!!!
    DA LEGUE JUST WANTS CRYSBABY TO WIN!!!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day - and the NBC commentators agreed the officiating was awful for both teams

But FWIW just a wild guess that if you have been married to a NHL player since 2010 you might learn a bit about the game

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

What a job that Mike Sullivan has done since he is the HC of the Penguins.

Especially this year with the several injuries than the penguins have had and they are 2 wins away to become the first team since 1998 to win back to back stanley cup.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Christ, these guys sound like bandwagon 12ers

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day - and the NBC commentators agreed the officiating was awful for both teams

But FWIW just a wild guess that if you have been married to a NHL player since 2010 you might learn a bit about the game
    Not quite sure how to define awful here... I think they let a lot of physical play go which probably led to things escalating. More penalties "could" have been called though, but I think they let 'em play for the most part... because hockey. Everything that was called, was a penalty. Only one against Malkin for hooking was incorrect... and that gave them a 5 on 3 with the Kunitz crosscheck earlier in the play.

Nashville is playing a physical game. Pounding the forecheck and bodying anyone given the chance. Crosby most of all. I have no issue with that, but you can't let it get out of hand. Otherwise, they will keep testing the limits based on non-calls. Sticks to the face, punch/elbow to the head, crosschecking a player... especially when already on his knees (which Subban could have gotten an embellishment), plowing a guy in front just trying to get position when the puck is nowhere near... these are all penalties that were legitimately called, imo.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
    Not quite sure how to define awful here... I think they let a lot of physical play go which probably led to things escalating. More penalties "could" have been called though, but I think they let 'em play for the most part... because hockey. Everything that was called, was a penalty. Only one against Malkin for hooking was incorrect... and that gave them a 5 on 3 with the Kunitz crosscheck earlier in the play.
    Talking about the inconsistency for both no calls and dubious called penalties

This from Joe Starkey in the P-G today

The officiating again was atrocious and again featured the rare “daily double” minor call — two minors whistled nearly simultaneously, resulting in a two-minute five-on-three. This time the Predators were the beneficiaries. One of those penalties was a terrible Chris Kunitz crosscheck to P.K. Subban’s head (instrument of crime: hockey stick), the other a phantom hooking call on Evgeni Malkin. Both came after a bad case of Matt-on-Matt crime: Matt Irwin’s brutal hit from behind on Matt Cullen that went uncalled.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/p...s/201706010117

This from Mike Milbury on NBCSports after the first period last night

Milbury blasts ‘putrid’ officiating in first period

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/05/31/...-first-period/

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Pens lost game 3, 5-1, in the conference championship round and lost game 3 in the finals last year. We'll see what happens next.