Thread: Vince Williams ready to step into starting role with Steelers

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Vince Williams ready to step into starting role with Steelers

Vince Williams became the starter at inside linebacker in March when veteran Lawrence Timmons left the Steelers to sign as a free agent with the Miami Dolphins. Not that Williams was in a celebratory mood. The previous day the Steelers released his younger brother, Karlos, who was serving a 10-game suspension for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy.

All of that happened in the middle of rehabilitating his shoulder following postseason surgery for an injury that was sustained late during the regular season.

“It was kind of terrible,” Williams said of his offseason. “I had shoulder surgery. That was hard. That’s a difficult thing to overcome. And obviously, we had the offseason things. … that was a little distracting. But I think I’m better for it.”.........

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...ime=1495654614

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Re: Vince Williams ready to step into starting role with Steelers

It would be nice if we added someone else to add depth and quality at the ILB postion.

On a side note, hoping his baby brother, Karlos, has changed his evil ways.

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant