I like what he's saying about Bryant!

<snip>

* A not so happy ending is tied to the Ladarius Green move, and it’s completely fair to include him among the Steelers’ worst unrestricted free agent signings since this became a part of the NFL landscape in 1993. Green ended up spending more time on the physically unable to perform list and the inactive list than he did on the field.

* Because of what Green was paid when he signed in March 2016 – a reported four-year contract for $20 million that included a signing bonus of $4.75 million – and what he contributed on the field, which was 18 catches for 304 yards and one touchdown in six games, there is blame to be assessed, primarily for the negative impact it will have on the team’s salary cap in the manner of dead money at a time when the Steelers might need that space to get long-term deals done with Le’Veon Bell, Alejandro Villanueva, and maybe Stephon Tuitt and Ryan Shazier.

* What’s less significant is what Green’s absence will mean to the offense. He wasn’t a difference-maker as a blocker in the running game, and when it’s time to throw the ball in 2017 I strongly believe that Martavis Bryant will pose a more difficult matchup problem for the defense than any tight end.

* I’ve seen Bryant around the UPMC Rooney Sports Complex, and he definitely didn’t spend his time away from the Steelers laying around on the couch eating bon-bons. He didn’t get shorter or slower, that’s for sure, and his upper body is well-defined. There also seems to be a resolve about him that he didn’t have during his first couple of seasons in the NFL.

* Whatever consternation an opposing defensive coordinator might feel if the Steelers would align a tight end with Ladarius Green’s receiving ability in the slot will pale in comparison the first time that coordinator gets a look at Bryant. He is the personification of a matchup dilemma.

http://www.steelers.com/news/labriol...f-26ddeea52073