Thread: Pens vs Senators Eastern Conference Finals

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Pens vs Senators Eastern Conference Finals

- - - Updated - - -

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Pens vs Senators Eastern Conference Finals

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Ugh... Game 1 PP was awful. Hopefully they can get their collective shit together tonight. Put the damn puck on the net!

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Well, they didn't get 30 SOG, but 29 was a much better recipe.... Glad all Kessel's talking to himself paid off.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

I'll be at game 5 in Pittsburgh on Sunday. Don't let me down, Pens!

Looks like the Pens will be without Hornqvist, Rust and Schultz tonight. The D is getting pretty thin...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Pens return to the Finals. Let's bring another championship to Pittsburgh

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

My heart medication needs to be doubled after that! 2 OT in Game 7. Great game.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

BurghBoy412

Hats off to Ottawa. They gave everything they had. Let's Go PENS!!!!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Congrats to the Pens. Sorry guys, Go Preds!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Congrats to the Pens. Sorry guys, Go Preds!

I hear the Preds arena goes crazy. This will be a tough series

I will be hearing alot of trash talking this month from a fraternity bro of mine who lives in Tennessee

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

I have followed the Pens casually for years but for whatever reason (maybe burnout on politics in general and tired of watching dueling propaganda on the cable news channels in particular) I got locked into the playoffs this year from the beginning six weeks ago.

Nothing better than a Steelers Super Bowl run, but the intensity of playoff hockey and having to deal with a game every other night for weeks has been great

I now appreciate why the Pens have such a devoted following in Pittsburgh - this on the local ratings in Pittsburgh last night

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I hear the Preds arena goes crazy. This will be a tough series

I will be hearing alot of trash talking this month from a fraternity bro of mine who lives in Tennessee
    Not much of a hockey follower, personally, but from what I have seen of Nashville, they have a great goalie who is playing out of his mind more than anything else. I think the Pens and Sens are both better teams overall, at least from what I've seen.

I'm not a big hockey fan as some around here. Very difficult to follow the NHL unless you have NHL Channel or NBC Sports Channel, when you live outside of Pittsburgh.

The last time I sat through a very long OT hockey game was the '99 Stanley Cup when Buffalo and Dallas played in Triple OT. That was a memorable game for me because my co-worker at the time was from Buffalo and people ribbed him a little about Buffalo not being able to win a major championship. I felt sorry for him though because he was a die hard Bills and Sabres fan and he never trashed talk and was a good sport. Also, I seem to remember Brett Hull getting that winning but controversial goal

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Karlsson is a class act and outstanding as a player.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    My heart medication needs to be doubled after that! 2 OT in Game 7. Great game.
    Indeed

At one point in the first overtime, I swear that the Pens had 15 shots on goal in three minutes, and 3 of those shots looked like game-winners. I kept getting ready to cheer... and then, no... wait... ugh.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

The City of Champions needs another Super Bowl. I am not holding my breath for a World Series.
    All Defense!