Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 reasons Joshua Dobbs will beat out Landry Jones for the Steelers' backup QB spot

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: 4 reasons Joshua Dobbs will beat out Landry Jones for the Steelers' backup QB spot

Every time I think of Stewart and that Slash role...I could only imagine what could have been had he stayed in that role.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: 4 reasons Joshua Dobbs will beat out Landry Jones for the Steelers' backup QB spot

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Nonsense, Deshaun can't build a drone. Get outta here!!!!
    Yea... but, Deshaun can grow a beard.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Every time I think of Stewart and that Slash role...I could only imagine what could have been had he stayed in that role.
    You and the rest of Steelers nation, I think. To be honest, at the time I was all for him playing QB full time since we had nobody. But after a couple of years at the position, well . . .

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Yep

He would have been a HOFer. His career would have been like Darren Sproles's, but instead of kick return yards, Slash would have had insane receiving yards.

Imagine if they had drafted Brees in 2001 (like I wanted), and put Slash as the Sproles role (a role which Brees used to its fullest). We wouldn't have lost the AFCCG in 2001, that's for sure.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Makes sense. Dobbs looks more like a Kordell Stewart than a Ben Roethlisberger, but we'll see.

I believe any quarterback can be developed and groomed properly in the right system.

Kordell wasn't good, but you have to admit he was horribly mismanaged and poorly coached. He got by on his athletic skill alone.
    Sorry no! we don't have to agree to your opinion! Stewart suck ass as a QB and remember Bill R in the playoff game against us smacking his helmet to tell Kordell to think! He had all the help in the world to help him. Coaching as well but talent wasn't there at him being QB. Would have been a great WR but was to good for it! Tebow was the same way and could have been a great TE. The ego's of them two ruined there NFL careers!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Tebow definitely would not have been a great TE...lol. He had no blocking experience, his hands werent that great, he's not a route runner. The only thing he had was the look...lol. Even as an H-Back, his strengths were running outside...he wasn't good running between the tackles, not a fit at all. But that's a debate for another thread.

Downer should've made Stewart stay with the Slash role or just let him go. After seeing what he did as a full time starter, they should've moved on. In that way he was mismanaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    The Steelers attempted to play Kordell in the "Slash" role. Kordell Stewart was the one that ended that by refusing. He said he only wanted to play QB. Everyone else seem to know he was not an NFL caliber starting QB, but he thought differently. IMO, he could have been a bigger star than he was if he could have been more of a team guy.
    And our alternatives those years were Mike Tomczak and Jim Miller. I honestly don't blame Korkie for thinking like that and I don't blame the Steelers for taking a shot on him.

Even if Kordell stayed "Slash", it wouldn't have made much of a difference. Cowher Power was our coach, and he had absolutely no respect for the Quarterback position.

Kordell was definitely not an NFL-caliber QB, but he also didn't have an NFL- caliber Coach. Cowher switched OC's and Offenses like he changed clothes for years with Kordell.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

OK....Taking the Dobbs/Jones conversation to the Cowher was a bad coach conversation somehow. Fin, lets dig up facts. A coach that takes his team to the playoffs consistently, plays in multiple AFCCGs, 2 trips to the SB, all without a 'great' QB. Hmmmm, does sound like a bad coach. Please just stop.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

I would be very surprised that it happens even if Dobbs is unbelievable in the pre-season game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    OK....Taking the Dobbs/Jones conversation to the Cowher was a bad coach conversation somehow. Fin, lets dig up facts. A coach that takes his team to the playoffs consistently, plays in multiple AFCCGs, 2 trips to the SB, all without a 'great' QB. Hmmmm, does sound like a bad coach. Please just stop.

Agreed

I mean, if Cowher would have been coach for another 10 years, he would probably have 250 wins and he would easily be at the HOF.