Thread: 2017 College Football QB Watchlist

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

2017 College Football QB Watchlist

Chances are, we will be looking to draft a QB in the 2018 NFL Draft. This thread is a place to list your favorites, post weekly stats, Game clips, of the 2018 QB class. This way we can all share in the info all season, and not have to try to cram during predraft season.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/top...020205451.html

Here's a beginning list of some of the top rated as of May, 2017.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...nkings/2018/QB

Array title="BurghBoy412 is a glorious beacon of light"> BurghBoy412's Avatar

Re: 2017 College Football QB Watchlist

Josh Dobbs is the future

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Daniel Jeremiah with some early leaders for the QB draft board.

Who's next in CFB pipeline? After the final Path to the Draft episode of the season airs on Friday (6 p.m. ET on NFL Network), I'll take some time to re-charge my batteries before beginning to look at some of the top college football players in the month of June. Here are five of the players I'll be studying this summer:

USC QB Sam Darnold: I've seen Darnold play live several times (including an epic performance in last season's Rose Bowl) and he's impressive. His timing, anticipation and accuracy stood out to me. I can't wait to dig in and really study his game.

Wyoming QB Josh Allen: I've seen Allen play live and I've had the chance to visit with him in the offseason. Based on those exposures, it's easy to appreciate his size, arm strength and athletic ability. He will be in the conversation to be the top quarterback at the collegiate level next fall.

UCLA QB Josh Rosen: I saw Rosen play live in 2015, but I didn't get a chance to see him last fall before he suffered a season-ending injury. He has a beautiful throwing motion and the ball jumps out of his hand. I'll go back and study tape from both his freshman and sophomore seasons over the summer.

Follow Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter @MoveTheSticks.

Chad Reuter with some names for the QB watch list.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...eline-for-2017

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

So there are currently 4 estimated "elite" quarterbacks in next years draft?

Is this crop comparable to 2004 and is it likely we will have to trade up into the first half of the first round to grab one?
    "Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take,
    but by the moments that take our breath away."

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel is a splendid one to behold"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    So there are currently 4 estimated "elite" quarterbacks in next years draft?

Is this crop comparable to 2004 and is it likely we will have to trade up into the first half of the first round to grab one?
    Apparently we need to tank the season so we can get one of these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Apparently we need to tank the season so we can get one of these guys.
    Not at all. These names that are getting put out there now are not the end of it all. I've heard this class of QBs being compared to 1984's class.(whenever the Marino/Elway/Kelly class was, I think '83/'84) Anyway, there will be BETTER QBs in the 2018 draft, and more of them. I've personally got a couple guys I'm watching that I haven't seen on anyone's top prospect list yet. Not professionally, of course, just as a hobby of mine.