Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 College Football QB Watchlist

BurghBoy412

Re: 2017 College Football QB Watchlist

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Riley Ferguson 23/38, 398 yards, 6TDs, 1INT

Josh Rosen 34/56, 463 yards, 4TDs, 2INTs

Great back and forth game, for those that didn't get to see it. Mem D forced Rosen to short passes mostly. Rosen was accurate as hell. Had some drops. all in all looked great. Ferguson put on an air show. Accurate ball placement as well. I would take either of these guys.
    I'd take either player as well. I got the feeling at points of the game that Rosen became over confident and made some throws he shouldn't have.

I didn't know who Ferguson was until you told me about him. He's definitely got the goods. Poised, good decisions, accurate arm.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

If Trevor Siemian has a big year, Paxton Lynch will be available via trade........ I'd be intrigued. Probably take a 2nd.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    If Trevor Siemian has a big year, Paxton Lynch will be available via trade........ I'd be intrigued. Probably take a 2nd.
    Welcome aboard.

BurghBoy412

I live in Denver. It's pretty much all but said that Lynch is a bust. The local radio guys that attended pre season practices said he is woeful. Accuracy issues, decision making issues, confidence issues. According to the local media out here Lynch does not have what it takes to play in the NFL. He's had 2 years to beat out a 7th round pick in Trevor Siemian and hasn't really come close to taking the job. Then when he went down injured they brought in Brock Osweiler. I think that's all that needs to be said about Lynch.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    I live in Denver. It's pretty much all but said that Lynch is a bust. The local radio guys that attended pre season practices said he is woeful. Accuracy issues, decision making issues, confidence issues. According to the local media out here Lynch does not have what it takes to play in the NFL. He's had 2 years to beat out a 7th round pick in Trevor Siemian and hasn't really come close to taking the job. Then when he went down injured they brought in Brock Osweiler. I think that's all that needs to be said about Lynch.
    I think you're wrong about Lynch. He did play well last season when Siemian was out. He has a different guy this year than last. Not every QB succeeds in every system. I think, believe, Lynch could be awesome here in this system. That said, I don't believe that ever happens. He'll probably end up in Jax and make that team an annual contender.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

2nd round pick for Paxton Lynch would be an incredible waste. No thank you

Baker Mayfield 17/27, 331 yards, 4TDs.

Lamar Jackson 21/42, 317 yards, 3TDs. vs Clemson

Sam Darnold 28/49, 397 yards, 3TDs

Luke Falk 37/49, 396 yards, 6TDs

Quinton Flowers 15/27, 280 yards, 4TDs

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Baker Mayfield 17/27, 331 yards, 4TDs.

Lamar Jackson 21/42, 317 yards, 3TDs. vs Clemson

Sam Darnold 28/49, 397 yards, 3TDs

Luke Falk 37/49, 396 yards, 6TDs

Quinton Flowers 15/27, 280 yards, 4TDs
    I saw the first 2 and a half quarters of Lamar Jackson. Forget those garbage time numbers. I saw a woefully inaccurate passer. That guy is NOT an NFL quarterback.

I saw the first 2 and a half quarters of Lamar Jackson. Forget those garbage time numbers. I saw a woefully inaccurate passer. That guy is NOT an NFL quarterback.
    I haven't watched Lou vs Clem yet. 50% completion equals 397 yards and 3 TDs seems impressive at a glance. Will know more tomorrow.

I haven't watched Lou vs Clem yet. 50% completion equals 397 yards and 3 TDs seems impressive at a glance. Will know more tomorrow.
    The game was already out of hand before he put up any numbers.

BurghBoy412

If you paid close enough attention you would've seen multiple drops by his wideouts that were right in the numbers. Jackson is the only player on that team. Give him capaple NFL players and a good O-line and he'll be amazing. Louisville also has one of the worst Defenses I've seen all year. I understand all the hate for the guy. I mean they keep comparing him to Vick. My question is why the comparisons to Vick? Because he's black? That's about the only way you can compare the two. Like Vick, Jackson is an excellent runner and has a strong arm. That is where the comparison stops. Lamar Jackson is bigger and is a far better passer than Vick ever was. I really wish the media would stop with this comparison. Vick wasn't half the talent that Lamar Jackson is today.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Has anyone watch Nick Fitzgerald from Mississippi State?

I'm hearing a lot about him. Having a great season so far.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    If you paid close enough attention you would've seen multiple drops by his wideouts that were right in the numbers. Jackson is the only player on that team. Give him capaple NFL players and a good O-line and he'll be amazing. Louisville also has one of the worst Defenses I've seen all year. I understand all the hate for the guy. I mean they keep comparing him to Vick. My question is why the comparisons to Vick? Because he's black? That's about the only way you can compare the two. Like Vick, Jackson is an excellent runner and has a strong arm. That is where the comparison stops. Lamar Jackson is bigger and is a far better passer than Vick ever was. I really wish the media would stop with this comparison. Vick wasn't half the talent that Lamar Jackson is today.
    We simply have two different opinions. I sure hope that the Steelers don't share yours.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post

Adding another name to the weekly watchlist.

- - - Updated - - -

We simply have two different opinions. I sure hope that the Steelers don't share yours.
    Going to be lots of differing opinions in this thread. Who's on your top 3-5 currently?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post

Looking at the highlights only, he plays a lot like Tebow or Prescott. Wouldn't mind seeing more actual game action on him.

Riley Ferguson 22/36, 288 yards, 2TDs
    Mason Rudolph 22/41, 398 yards, 2TDs, 2INTs
    Baker Mayfield 13/19, 283 yards, 3TDs
    Sam Darnold 26/38, 223 yards, 2TDs, 1INT
    Josh Rosen 40/60, 480 yards, 3TDs, 2INTs
    Luke Falk 36/47, 478 yards, 5TDs
    Lamar Jackson 18/22, 299 yards, 2TDs, 2INTs
    Nick Fitzgerald 14/29, 83 yards, 2INTs
    Quinton Flowers 8/20, 96 yards

Add to this anyone you want to keep stats on for this season. Stats mean little with no context. Take these stats and watch the game film, or look at comp%, sacks, as well as QB ratings. These stats are just the starting point.

Watching South Florida and East Carolina. Turned it on to watch Quinton Flowers, but Thomas Sirk, QB for ECU has captured my attention. Put this guy on your QB radar(s).

Darnold doesn't look the part of a #1 overall to me.

BurghBoy412

Ryan Finley NC State 20/33 186 1td
    Not the most impressive stat line but he's yet to throw an INT this season. Also has a 155 QBR. So far he's improved on his 135 QBR from 2016.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

If Darnold doesn't improve his play, he should slip from no. 1 overall. Though he could still go no. 1 regardless based off of measurables considering Jameis Winston threw a bunch of interceptions his final year of college and still went no. 1 overall and Bradford missed almost his entire final year and he still went no. 1 overall

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

If the Colts wind up #1, Barkley could be the first pick of the draft...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Riley Ferguson 27/49, 321 yards, 1TD, 3INTs
    Mason Rudolph 27/38, 376 yards, 3TDs, 1INT

Sam Darnold 15/29, 164 yards, 1INT
    Josh Rosen 28/45, 372 yards, 1TD, 1INT
    Luke Falk 34/51, 340 yards, 2TDs, 1INT
    Lamar Jackson 18/26, 249 yards, 3TDs
    Nick Fitzgerald 13/33, 157 yards, 1TD, 2INTs
    Quinton Flowers 10/18, 160 yards, 2TDs

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Just a "meh" draft class.

Josh Allen probably still the most intriguing QB(size/arm).

Nick Fitzgerald hasn't played well ever since I brought his name up for someone to watch lol.

Watching how bad Tennessee has looked should give Josh Dobbs a glowing praise. The Vols are such a bad coached football team and he kept them ranked. Maybe he deserves more of a look at QB?
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    If the Colts wind up #1, Barkley could be the first pick of the draft...lol
    I'll go a step farther and say that Saquon will be the first overall pick no matter who is drafting #1.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I'll go a step farther and say that Saquon will be the first overall pick no matter who is drafting #1.
    Really? I would be surprised...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Really? I would be surprised...
    Yep... really.

The kid does stuff stuff that I’ve never seen any other player do.

Obviously, a franchise QB is far more crucial. But, the odds are that the team picking #1 overall will be drafting in the top ten again in 2019. Get the “once a decade” RB now, and get your franchise QB next year.

Yep... really.

The kid does stuff stuff that I’ve never seen any other player do.

Obviously, a franchise QB is far more crucial. But, the odds are that the team picking #1 overall will be drafting in the top ten again in 2019. Get the “once a decade” RB now, and get your franchise QB next year.
    Not sure I see him as that good. Fournette, Henry, Zeke, even Peterson(2007) are all of the same mold. True, best in the draft and a top 5 pick, maybe even #1 overall. But I don't see him as a once a decade RB. Special? Maybe. Not that special. Go back to George, Bettis, or McAllister. Is he THAT guy? I don't see it just yet. Hype machine for now, IMO.

Not sure I see him as that good. Fournette, Henry, Zeke, even Peterson(2007) are all of the same mold. True, best in the draft and a top 5 pick, maybe even #1 overall. But I don't see him as a once a decade RB. Special? Maybe. Not that special. Go back to George, Bettis, or McAllister. Is he THAT guy? I don't see it just yet. Hype machine for now, IMO.
    I don’t know, man. That play along the sideline in the Iowa game, where he is running full speed, stops & lets the defender fly in front of him, and then takes off again before the defender who was behind him could catch up... I’ve never seen ANY player do that.

Plus, he can catch.

And, return kicks.

And, his sweat cures cancer.

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

I don’t know, man. That play along the sideline in the Iowa game, where he is running full speed, stops & lets the defender fly in front of him, and then takes off again before the defender who was behind him could catch up... I’ve never seen ANY player do that.

Plus, he can catch.

And, return kicks.

Me either. He is definitely a top 5 pick, no question.

Plus, he can catch.

And, return kicks.

Oh I agree, he's extremely talented. My point is there have been a lot of 'SUPERMAN COLLEGE RBs' that have become quite mortal in the NFL. I'm just not ready to that label on him as best of the decade, or generation. He may very well go to a team like the Colts #1 overall. I can absolutely see that. Even Bo and Hershel had so-so NFL careers. For different reasons. Can he be Marcus Allen/Earl Campbell hybrid? That would be the best EVER.