Thread: Penguins dig deep, find way to best Capitals in Game 2

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Penguins dig deep, find way to best Capitals in Game 2

There’s a definite difference here. It might be as big as the four-goal gulf that separated the teams who skated Saturday at Verizon Center, a 6-2 Penguins victory in Game 2 of their Eastern Conference semifinal that gave them a 2-0 lead in this series.

The Capitals are racking up shot attempts — 171 through two games — the way the Blue Jackets rang up hits. Same result, too. The Capitals outplayed the Penguins at the start and for stretches and look like darlings except when you turn your attention to the one stat that really matters — wins.

It’s not all that dissimilar to when you take a bigger-picture look at these franchises, either.

The Capitals have never won a Stanley Cup. They’ve been to one final. The Penguins, if they can figure out their starts, could become the first team to win back-to-back Cups since the Red Wings in 1997-98. With a 2-0 series lead, the thought of a ninth playoff series win in 10 tries against the Capitals is more than just smoke..........

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/p...ersion=pgevoke

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Penguins dig deep, find way to best Capitals in Game 2

So nice to stick it to my friends/fraternity bros who are Captials fans.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I think the Rainy City Bitch Pigeon fans double as Capitals fans, judging by all the bitching and moaning about the refs on the Caps' MB...

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

I don't want to hear a damn word from Caps' fans about bad officiating. Maybe, just maybe, your team should just stop choking in the playoffs every year. (and yes, I say that with full acknowledgement that this series is only 2 games old.)

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    I think the Rainy City Bitch Pigeon fans double as Capitals fans, judging by all the bitching and moaning about the refs on the Caps' MB...
    True. They whine alot on Twitter.

The Big Boss/Owner and his son, who is the President...as well as the VP at my work are Caps fans as well. I almost got sent (good naturedly) home wearing a Penguins jersey at Halloween a few years ago when he saw it. (I had no costume and the Office Manager said I got to wear something. She does payroll LOL)

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    True. They whine alot on Twitter.

The Big Boss/Owner and his son, who is the President...as well as the VP at my work are Caps fans as well. I almost got sent (good naturedly) home wearing a Penguins jersey at Halloween a few years ago when he saw it. (I had no costume and the Office Manager said I got to wear something. She does payroll LOL)
    Never mess with the cook or the person paying you.

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    I don't want to hear a damn word from Caps' fans about bad officiating. Maybe, just maybe, your team should just stop choking in the playoffs every year. (and yes, I say that with full acknowledgement that this series is only 2 games old.)
    A sample:

Quote Originally Posted by altajava
    I have an honest question for you, well, first an observation then the q. The very obvious anti Cap bias started after the Caps got blamed for taking your female dog in heat captain out for six months with a concussion. The question part is, why doesn't she get blamed for playing the very next game fully knowing her head wasn't right and getting creamed into the boards by Hedman? Which is what really took her out of the game for almost an entire season.
    http://fans.capitals.nhl.com/communi...omment=1748627

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

It's crazy that the Caps have never been in the conference final with Ovi.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

On a side note, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins just proved themselves to be the Washington Capitals of the AHL.... The Baby Pens won the MacGregor Kilpatrick trophy (best record in the AHL in the regular season) and just got bounced in the 1st round of the Calder Cup playoffs.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Crosby & the Pens own the Caps and are in their heads like Brady & the Pats own the Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Crosby & the Pens own the Caps and are in their heads like Brady & the Pats own the Steelers
    Yes. I thought about this last night as the Caps replaced their goalie and still couldn't do anything.

My college friends lit up Twitter with venom

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The Pens beat the Caps in the playoffs again!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

"Great teams aren't always great, they're just great when they have to be." - John Facenda of NFL Films

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The Pens beat the Caps in the playoffs again!

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

BurghBoy412

This

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vader29 View Post
    Also add in: Wizards, Foreskins, and Nationals.

Since 1999, no championship appearances in the 4 major sports leagues of DC

Penguins are 6-0 in Game 7's on the ROAD.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -