Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster in the second round

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Re: The steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster in the second round

JuJu may be just what is needed to inspire and fire up this offense...including Ben.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I sincerely hope the Ward comparisons are accurate. This offense NEEDS a Hines Ward.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster in the second round

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I sincerely hope the Ward comparisons are accurate. This offense NEEDS a Hines Ward.
    Where have you seen the Hines Ward comparison? I like the sounds of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    On here only.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

I consider it Ward like and said that early in the thread perhaps that is where he heard it , maybe elsewhere IDK but those couple clips gives you an example of why I think that he brings some of those qualities as a blocker .

as a Pass catcher he is different but still exudes toughness I keep hearing Boldin as a pass catcher but he is more explosive than Boldin ...

has very good hands though and makes the tough grabs

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Good stuff, thanks for the link. Coates now has a ball machine in every room of his house.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Good article on JuJu Smith-Schuster's initial practices with Steelers (+ Ed B. throwing some shade at other WRs past & present)

Rookie can’t wait to meet ‘The Man’

In a couple of weeks when the veterans begin spring practices, JuJu Smith-Schuster, their second-round pick, finally will get to say hello to Antonio Brown, their sixth-rounder seven years ago. “I have soooo many questions for him,’’ ...

His No. 1 question of Brown would be “What gives you the drive to be the best of the best? Honestly, I think he is the best. I am in position to learn from the best receiver in the league.”

How fast he learns and competes to win one of the top jobs in the eclectic group of Steelers wide receivers could go a long way toward improving an offense that was disappointing last season only because of injuries to those receivers.

Ben Roethlisberger was left throwing to Brown, first-year player Eli Rogers and ol’ whatstheirnames. It did not look good in the AFC championship, especially after Le’Veon Bell bowed out early to a groin injury....

You could watch [Smith] every practice at UPMC Rooney Sports Complex and not see him drop a ball, not see him cradle one into his chest. His hands caught everything away from the body. This is no Limas Sweed, their most recent and notorious second-round pick at the position in 2008, the highest investment in a wide receiver in the draft until now.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201705140078

Like the attitude that he wants to learn from Brown. Just a wild guess that was not Bryant's approach when he came into camp his rookie year in 2014.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Been watching a little more of JuJu lately. Was impressed with his ability and willingness to work the middle of the field. Showed not to be afraid take the hit, so many seems to hear foot steps and loose track of the ball. Will fight a defender for the ball, a few times looked like he turned an INT into a first down catch. Good Hands. I heard someone say he had small hand, but I sure can't see it on the field. Remember guys, we don't always need a 35 yard completion, sometime we need a 5 yard first down completion.

I have to admit JuJu was not on my pre-draft radar, but I can't say I am unhappy with the pick. Will be interesting to watch him improve, and show what he can do for us.

AML

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    Been watching a little more of JuJu lately. Was impressed with his ability and willingness to work the middle of the field. Showed not to be afraid take the hit, so many seems to hear foot steps and loose track of the ball. Will fight a defender for the ball, a few times looked like he turned an INT into a first down catch. Good Hands. I heard someone say he had small hand, but I sure can't see it on the field. Remember guys, we don't always need a 35 yard completion, sometime we need a 5 yard first down completion.

I have to admit JuJu was not on my pre-draft radar, but I can't say I am unhappy with the pick. Will be interesting to watch him improve, and show what he can do for us.
    the no fear attitude comes from being a former Rugby player

Senior Member Array title="FrancoLambert has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post

I'll add, "especially when it's 3rd and 3."

I sure as hell hope that Haley and Ben read your post.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

AB working w/Juju

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post

AB working w/Juju

Dang, JuJu has some river barges for feet!

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Dang, JuJu has some river barges for feet!
    You sure have a keen eye for feet...shoes.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

AB working w/Juju
    Lies!!! AB never reached out to JuJu. They hate each other already!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    You sure have a keen eye for feet...shoes.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    not surprised at all

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Me too. In this offense, that's where I'd see him making an impact right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    JuJu is your new Hines ward

https://twitter.com/LedyardNFLDraft/status/909557408988631040

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

First career TD, no holding penalties, and a wicked block, improvement from last week which is what you want from a rookie

JuJu had some nice plays today.

Ward is starting to look like Richard Mann.

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Do his moobs look big in that shirt?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Wasn't somebody complaining last week that JuJu hadn't shown much yet?

He's the youngest guy in the NFL and he just scored a TD and jacked up a pro bowl safety with the nickname "Hitman" Harrison. Is it too early for me to preach patience to such steeler fans, or are we getting close to STFU territory?

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Wasn't somebody complaining last week that JuJu hadn't shown much yet?

He's the youngest guy in the NFL and he just scored a TD and jacked up a pro bowl safety with the nickname "Hitman" Harrison. Is it too early for me to preach patience to such steeler fans, or are we getting close to STFU territory?
    Steeler Nation is what it is. Anything less than 4 TDs per game is unacceptable. If the D doesn't pitch a shutout every week, they fail. If a draft pick needs time to get up to speed, he is a bust. Jarvis Jones was a bust on draft day. Ju-Ju a bust after 1 week. It is what it is.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    Steeler Nation is what it is. Anything less than 4 TDs per game is unacceptable. If the D doesn't pitch a shutout every week, they fail. If a draft pick needs time to get up to speed, he is a bust. Jarvis Jones was a bust on draft day. Ju-Ju a bust after 1 week. It is what it is.
    Yep. That pretty much summarizes what the Game Day thread is all about. Bell sucks, Ben sucks, etc.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Yep. That pretty much summarizes what the Game Day thread is all about. Bell sucks, Ben sucks, etc.
    Yep. That's pretty much every forum. I'm in an "old fashioned style" Yahoo forum and those guys need bypass surgery over a 2-0 start.

- - - Updated - - -

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/201...-how-to-drive/

You know what, it’s going well. There was only one incident where he hit the gas and the brake at the same time, and that was a bit of a scare
    I wonder if Juju drove w/AV to the Call of Duty event....