Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster in the second round

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Re: The steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster in the second round

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Some highlights of JuJu for you to enjoy!

Thanks for posting this. I didn't know anything about him but I can already tell that I will love having him on the Steelers. I love his toughness and the way that he attacks the ball and the defender.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I see him in the slot for now. Learn under Richard Mann before he retires.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I didn't know anything about him but I can already tell that I will love having him on the Steelers. I love his toughness and the way that he attacks the ball and the defender.

This guy is as physical as it gets.

He has great hands.

He wins the 50/50 balls.

The ball is his when it's in the air.

He goes up to get it with strong hands.

He will hit you and block.

Once the disappointment of not getting a CB, Edge rusher, TE, S, or whatever wears off.....Steelers fans are going to loooove this kid.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

He has great hands.

He wins the 50/50 balls.

Once the disappointment of not getting a CB, Edge rusher, TE, S, or whatever wears off.....Steelers fans are going to loooove this kid.
    i love him already. I can't believe people are whining about picking a WR in round two. One failed drug test for Martavis and one bad hit to Coates hands and we are back to Cobi Hamilton and DHB. This is an excellent pick and I'm surprised he was even available for the Steelers to pick

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

The Killer B's:

Big Ben
    Brown
    Bell
    Bryant
    Boswell
    JuJu Bee

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    i love him already. I can't believe people are whining about picking a WR in round two. One failed drug test for Martavis and one bad hit to Coates hands and we are back to Cobi Hamilton and DHB. This is an excellent pick and I'm surprised he was even available for the Steelers to pick
    Yeah people who didn't think WR was a need aren't lining up under center and wearing #7.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Best case for jujubee is that the Steelers just got a really young anquan boldin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i was just thinking about how much Mojouw probably likes this pick since you're not too high on Eli Rogers. Ive read comparisons of his playing style to Anquan Boldin/Mike Williams lite.

Cant say i was a big fan of the pick initially, but with our track record drafting receivers and admittedly, we could stand to upgrade at slot receiver, i like it now
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    i was just thinking about how much Mojouw probably likes this pick since you're not too high on Eli Rogers. Ive read comparisons of his playing style to Anquan Boldin/Mike Williams lite.

Cant say i was a big fan of the pick initially, but with our track record drafting receivers and admittedly, we could stand to upgrade at slot receiver, i like it now
    I do like the pick, but then again I don't. I think that after the run of DBs this was Colbert's BPA pick. I really did want the Steelers to add a big body WR with something better than questionable hands to contrast with Bryant, Coates, DHB, Hunter, etc. So, here we are.

That being said, I am rooting for Rogers - as he could be a great contrast to the other WRs on the roster. I just don't have a lot of confidence in him - not sure why. I can remember him making at least 3 jaw dropping catches last season. I think I am just too influenced by NO ONE stepping up in that AFCCG. Specifically Hamilton or Rogers and that may not be fair, but it is what it is.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I do like the pick, but then again I don't. I think that after the run of DBs this was Colbert's BPA pick. I really did want the Steelers to add a big body WR with something better than questionable hands to contrast with Bryant, Coates, DHB, Hunter, etc. So, here we are.

That being said, I am rooting for Rogers - as he could be a great contrast to the other WRs on the roster. I just don't have a lot of confidence in him - not sure why. I can remember him making at least 3 jaw dropping catches last season. I think I am just too influenced by NO ONE stepping up in that AFCCG. Specifically Hamilton or Rogers and that may not be fair, but it is what it is.
    Yeah Rogers sucked in the AFCCG. That was pretty much everyone though. Im really surprised they picked Juju over Godwin. Godwin didnt even go until like late in the 3rd round
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

He has great hands.

He wins the 50/50 balls.

Just what the doctor ordered, a WR who fights for the ball!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Ed B. of the P-G nails why JuJu

Wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster, drafted in the second round, fills a hole created by the annual suspension of Martavis Bryant and the near total lack of confidence the coaches have in Sammie Coates.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...ersion=pgevoke

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Some highlights of JuJu for you to enjoy!

Ok, those are some pretty impressive highlights. Bailed out Kessler a bunch, and I remember that rose bowl that awesome rose bowl catch. A lot to like about the player himself

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Does anyone else see Jerrico Cotchery in JuJu? I think they're clones. He's exactly what Ben needs.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I hope he's better than Cotchery...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

At first, I didn't know what to think of Juju. I thought we picked a WR too early.

But after watching his tape, I think he'll give Eli Rogers a battle this year.

Senior Member Array title="Steelheart is a jewel in the rough"> Steelheart's Avatar

No matter what I how or how I try to spin it I still think we took receiver a round or 2 too early. It just isn't a big need. That being said, I think I will really like JuJu.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelheart View Post
    No matter what I how or how I try to spin it I still think we took receiver a round or 2 too early. It just isn't a big need. That being said, I think I will really like JuJu.
    Think about it this way...

How much money would you bet that Bryant makes it through the next two seasons without being suspended?

The less you'd bet, the more sense the JuJu pick makes.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

How much money would you bet that Bryant makes it through the next two seasons without being suspended?

And looking at the flip side....if Bryant stays healthy and clean, with JuJu as a possible beast 3rd receiver, we could potentially have a:

Top 3 QB
    Top 3 Receiving corps
    Top 3 Running back tandem
    Top 3 Offensive line

and with a young and improving defense and possibly two or more solid additions on defense in this draft...

we could be significantly improved on both sides of the ball over the team that just made it to the AFCCG.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="Steelheart is a jewel in the rough"> Steelheart's Avatar

A couple of things:

1. I might be in the minority but I am actually buying in a little this time. The first time around I'm not sure that I was.

And while I understand your question, there is almost no player I would bet on for almost anything. The odds always favor the house lol.

2. Even if Bryant does fail out again, I still like the potential of what is already on the roster. That is without even talking about whatever growth Canaan Severin might have had. And of course, it seems like JuJu is more likely to be a slot guy than outside guy so I don't think viewing him as Bryant protection really works. Coates and now Hunter were protection against Bryant.

If Coates gets his confidence back he is a good receiver, we have seen it in flashes. Hunter we can hope for the DHB career turn around now that he actually has a team worth playing for.

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    And looking at the flip side....if Bryant stays healthy and clean, with JuJu as a possible beast 3rd receiver, we could potentially have a:

Top 3 QB
    Top 3 Receiving Corps
    Top 3 Offensive line

with a average OC at best....

Top 3 QB
    Top 3 Receiving Corps
    Top 3 Offensive line

and with a young and improving defense and possibly two or more solid additions on defense in this draft...

we could be significantly improved on both sides of the ball over the team that just made it to the AFCCG.
    Indeed.

Or, a simpler way of thinking about it, the Vikings took Randy Moss when they already had Jake Reed and Chris Carter... and nobody could stop them.

A couple of things:

1. I might be in the minority but I am actually buying in a little this time. The first time around I'm not sure that I was.

And while I understand your question, there is almost no player I would bet on for almost anything. The odds always favor the house lol.

2. Even if Bryant does fail out again, I still like the potential of what is already on the roster. That is without even talking about whatever growth Canaan Severin might have had. And of course, it seems like JuJu is more likely to be a slot guy than outside guy so I don't think viewing him as Bryant protection really works. Coates and now Hunter were protection against Bryant.

If Coates gets his confidence back he is a good receiver, we have seen it in flashes. Hunter we can hope for the DHB career turn around now that he actually has a team worth playing for.
    There is a ton of 3's, 4's, and 5's on this roster... but, a lack of a #2.

1: AB, Bryant
    2: JuJu
    3: lots & lots

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

It is sad that this even has to be said, but this could give the receiving corps the kick in the ass it needs.

Don't mean to play semantics but wouldn't Bryant be the 2 and the slot guy the 3? In which case Eli Rogers was a pretty good slot guy.

I would love to see 4 receivers more often to spread out the defenses as I think this creates the most opportunities in this offense.

AB, Bryant, Juju & Rogers (et al).

NOTHING irritated me more than seeing us lining up with no receivers wide on 3rd and short like we were going to shove it down their throats mano a mano...only to see the defense load the box and stuff us.

I would love to see 4 receivers more often to spread out the defenses as I think this creates the most opportunities in this offense.

AB, Bryant, Juju & Rogers (et al).

NOTHING irritated me more than seeing us lining up with no receivers wide on 3rd and short like we were going to shove it down their throats mano a mano...only to see the defense load the box and stuff us.

so the CrashFormation!!!!

But I agree with you!

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Top 3 QB
    Top 3 Receiving corps
    Top 3 Offensive line

Agree completely. I'm stoked for the season to get ramped up. I think I'm gonna go up to training camp this year. I've never been and I really want to experience it with Ben as our QB.

Don't mean to play semantics but wouldn't Bryant be the 2 and the slot guy the 3? In which case Eli Rogers was a pretty good slot guy.
    i agree that Rogers was a pretty good slot guy. i think this board is hilariously harsh on an undrafted rookie of all players. Rogers is only going to get better

Still, if we have an opportunity to upgrade our slot receiver to a devastating weapon, Im totally game. This team hasnt given us any reason not to trust them when its comes to receivers and Juju's game is jaw-droppingly polished and physical for a player of any age. But particularly polished for a 20 year old (just read that Juju was the youngest player in the entire draft)

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar