Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster in the second round

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: The steelers select JuJu Smith-Schuster in the second round

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Best case these two are just busting balls and everyone is actually laughing or Bryant is using his free time from smoking weed to be a terminal dumbass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    I also would have traded with the Saints. A extra two next year would have gave us a lot to make a move on the future QB next year.
    Takes two to tango

Senior Member Array title="Steelheart is a jewel in the rough"> Steelheart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Takes two to tango
    That is the point. Why weren't the Steelers willing to dance?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Best case these two are just busting balls and everyone is actually laughing or Bryant is using his free time from smoking weed to be a terminal dumbass.

- - - Updated - - -

Takes two to tango
    Nothing more then a phone call when basically the Saints are saying it to any team within the 2nd.

Senior Member Array title="Terrapinstation is on a distinguished road">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Neither is a third round CB picked in the second round...lol.
    And when the '3rd rd value' CBs are all gone by our next pick, we just push it back to the 4th, then to the 5th, etc?

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

As for JUJU don't mine the pick but could have been had in the 3rd or someone close to his skills. Would have sooner addressed more important needs. That said Pitt has a pretty good track record picking WR's and the kid probably will shine.

Senior Member Array title="Steelheart is a jewel in the rough"> Steelheart's Avatar

Coates meant to type "Fuck you Bryant" but his messed up fingers scewed him all up.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

How are his hands??? We need guys who can CATCH.

I agree with MB. He's Coates replacement.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelheart View Post
    Coates meant to type "Fuck you Bryant" but his messed up fingers scewed him all up.
    Post of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Post of the day.
    Agree!

Junior Member Array title="DShell31 is an unknown quantity at this point">

I'm sorry M Bryant doesn't deserve to wear steelers uniform. His comments on twitter turned my stomach. At Least Coats was out there trying last year. Where were you Mr.Bryant. Sickning.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

I hope Coates et al, are truly pissed.

I wonder if the FO saw complacency as well as incompetence.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="WCSteeler is on a distinguished road">

It seems this team always drafts asshole WRs

Quote Originally Posted by WCSteeler View Post
    It seems this team always drafts asshole WRs
    Yes but they are very talented.

Senior Member Array title="awe1028 will become famous soon enough">

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    I remember a bunch of WRs from the Patriots getting WIDE open and a scrub named Chris Hogan burn the Steelers for 9 receptions 180 yards and 2 TDs. That is the number one reason why they lost
    Exactly So far this has been a meh draft. Pittsburgh had no reason to select a WR this early. It did address the OLB though, so that's good. Bottom line: the Steelers need to fix the pass rush. Thus the The success or failure of the draft hinges on TJ Watt. If he becomes a successful pass rusher then it is a successful draft if he fails then.... It is that simple.

Senior Member Array title="WCSteeler is on a distinguished road">

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Yes but they are very talented.
    Touche sir

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Just curious how long it takes for weed to go through your system?
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I agree with MB. He's Coates replacement.
    No way man. He's Bryant's replacement. Not this year, but next year or the year after. You really think we're going to sign that guy to a big-money deal after his rookie contract ends, after all the stupid shit he's done?

Can't remember how it works exactly, but basically the yearlong suspension means we get to extend Bryant's rookie contract by a year. So we get this year and next year to audition someone. Apparently this was a guy we really liked, so i'm good with it. I mean, if Bryant is gone anyway, better that we get to go about this on our own terms.

And who knows, there's no guarantee Bryant even makes it through the year. He may well be rolling a blunt right now, to get in the right mindset to go for a nice drive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Just curious how long it takes for weed to go through your system?
    About 30 days is the rule of thumb if you smoke it regularly. At least for piss tests, if they test your hair its basically until that part of your hair gets cut off.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    No way man. He's Bryant's replacement. Not this year, but next year or the year after. You really think we're going to sign that guy to a big-money deal after his rookie contract ends, after all the stupid shit he's done?

Can't remember how it works exactly, but basically the yearlong suspension means we get to extend Bryant's rookie contract by a year. So we get this year and next year to audition someone. Apparently this was a guy we really liked, so i'm good with it. I mean, if Bryant is gone anyway, better that we get to go about this on our own terms.

And who knows, there's no guarantee Bryant even makes it through the year. He may well be rolling a blunt right now, to get in the right mindset to go for a nice drive.

- - - Updated - - -

About 30 days is the rule of thumb if you smoke it regularly. At least for piss tests, if they test your hair its basically until that part of your hair gets cut off.
    MB is under contract until 2019.
    Coates can't catch and his confidence is rattled.
    JuJu is the 2-3 in the making.

The thing is, in this offense, there's room for Brown, Bryant, Coates, and JuJu. We'll carry five receivers, six if one of them is also the return man. Bey is over thirty, and Steelers don't often sign their over thirty guys (except when their int he middle of a SB window, which is what happened a few years ago).

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

We just spent our highest pick on a receiver in ages with the goal of making him the third-stringer? Not likely. This guy was drafted to be a #1 or #2.

We don't need to replace Coates. He hasn't done anything. So really any random WR with halfway decent speed leaves us no worse off. This one is, loud and clear we're not counting on Bryant and we're not getting caught with our pants down again.

If Coates ever turns the corner, it'll be a nice bonus for us, but we can't count on that either. Seems like his head is in the right place with this, so I'll be rooting for him, anyway.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Best case for jujubee is that the Steelers just got a really young anquan boldin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. Juju will replace Taytay when Taytay's contract is over. I don't see the Steelers re-signing him IF he (Taytay) even makes it through the 2 years. And possibly Richard Mann's last year this year so he (The double JU) can learn from the best.

In the meantime, Ben gets another toy (Maybe nudges him to play in 2018???? Hopefully.)

We just spent our highest pick on a receiver in ages with the goal of making him the third-stringer? Not likely. This guy was drafted to be a #1 or #2.

We don't need to replace Coates. He hasn't done anything. So really any random WR with halfway decent speed leaves us no worse off. This one is, loud and clear we're not counting on Bryant and we're not getting caught with our pants down again.

If Coates ever turns the corner, it'll be a nice bonus for us, but we can't count on that either. Seems like his head is in the right place with this, so I'll be rooting for him, anyway.
    #3 receiver is not a third stringer lol. What game are you watching? Yeah they drafted him to replace AB. Ok.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Steelers draft a guy from USC = SuperBowls and HoF.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    I agree. Juju will replace Taytay when Taytay's contract is over. I don't see the Steelers re-signing him IF he (Taytay) even makes it through the 2 years. And possibly Richard Mann's last year this year so he (The double JU) can learn from the best.

In the meantime, Ben gets another toy (Maybe nudges him to play in 2018???? Hopefully.)
    I don't know. If Bryant makes it two years without any problems, I think they'd reward him with another contract (provided he's performing on the field as well). I can't help but wonder if they're actually prepping for breaking in a new QB next year. Look at their picks. In the first three rounds, they picked up another WR and another RB, both of whom are a little different than anyone else we have on the team in their positions. Hopefully, we're seeing a little wisdom from the post-Bradshaw years coming into play. Supplement your great talent with some more good talent, then drop a new QB in there to learn for a year or two before he has to take the reigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I don't know. If Bryant makes it two years without any problems, I think they'd reward him with another contract (provided he's performing on the field as well). I can't help but wonder if they're actually prepping for breaking in a new QB next year. Look at their picks. In the first three rounds, they picked up another WR and another RB, both of whom are a little different than anyone else we have on the team in their positions. Hopefully, we're seeing a little wisdom from the post-Bradshaw years coming into play. Supplement your great talent with some more good talent, then drop a new QB in there to learn for a year or two before he has to take the reigns.
    I think you're right. Although I'm not sure about NEXT year. Unless you mean to draft one.