Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TE Gary Barnige any interest ?

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: TE Gary Barnige any interest ?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Translation: I'm a 10 year veteran and have little interest in going to OTAs and training camp -- so what do I care?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Translation: I'm a 10 year veteran and have little interest in going to OTAs and training camp -- so what do I care?
    Alternate translation: I don't have a date for the prom so I'll just sit by the phone.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Listened to a conversation about this yesterday. What Barnidge brings is pretty much what we already have, only older. He's not a blocker and has only had 1 probowl season. It doesn't matter to me if we give him a sniff, but what's the rush to do it?

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Listened to a conversation about this yesterday. What Barnidge brings is pretty much what we already have, only older. He's not a blocker and has only had 1 probowl season. It doesn't matter to me if we give him a sniff, but what's the rush to do it?
    What's his YAC? Because that's what we don't have.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/s...he-catch/2016/

4.0 yards after catch per catch in 2016 and 4.2 in 2015 (his one really good year) -- so not good.

A quick scan of the listings from that site seems to give the impression that 5-8 is about what you expect from high end TE and 8+ is AMAZING.