Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In the 62nd pick in the 2017,the Pittsburgh Steelers select....

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

In the 62nd pick in the 2017,the Pittsburgh Steelers select....

who?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: In the 62nd pick in the 2017,the Pittsburgh Steelers select....

I hope Josh Jones.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

See my signature
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

A CB. Or PERSON.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Josh Jones, Marcus Maye, or Marcus Williams hopefully

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I'd love to see them package something and get up to get a CB. King, Wilson, Chidobe maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    PERSON.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I'd love to see them package something and get up to get a CB. King, Wilson, Chidobe maybe?
    i wouldnt be against it. Cornerback run is about to go really bonkers. If i was able to change my mock draft, i honestly think i would change our round 2 pick to Cameron Sutton. Literally one of the first guys we showed interest in like 3-4 months ago
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I still like Chris Wormley @62 but he may be gone by then.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    i wouldnt be against it. Cornerback run is about to go really bonkers. If i was able to change my mock draft, i honestly think i would change our round 2 pick to Cameron Sutton. Literally one of the first guys we showed interest in like 3-4 months ago
    Yep.

They met with him more than any other player than Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Yep.

i think i asked you about him in another thread. i read that Sutton could have gone in the 1st round if he didnt have a lingering fractured ankle/foot he was dealing with early on last season. thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Yep.

i think i asked you about him in another thread. i read that Sutton could have gone in the 1st round if he didnt have a lingering fractured ankle/foot he was dealing with early on last season. thoughts?

Yep.

Here it is/was...

Before the 2016 draft, I felt that Sutton was a sure-fire "end of R1" pick.

But, he decided to go back to school. Then, his stock dropped (as opposed to rising to the teens). So, if he was the pick at 30, I'd be fine with it.

Yep.

Here it is/was...
    that puts my mind at ease if we get him next. he seemed like a safe pick to me at the time but i didnt realize his upside was so high

I reposted below, with bolded visits.
    Last edited by teegre; 04-28-2017 at 01:26 AM.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

For the fans that like trades. I feel like one will happen tomorrow.

I'd love Budda Baker, or Kevin King.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Steelheart is a jewel in the rough"> Steelheart's Avatar

What am I missing here? Everything I saw had Sutton going in the 3rd. In fact I have been consistently mocking him there for awhile because of it. Did something change?

Senior Member Array title="Steelheart is a jewel in the rough"> Steelheart's Avatar

There are 30 pick until we select again; so, here are 30 players:

1 Josh Jones, S, NC St.
    2 Obi Melifonwu, S, Uconn
    3 Budda Baker, S, Washington
    4 Marcus Maye, S, Florida
    5 Marcus Williams, S, Utah
    6 Justin Evans, S, Texas A&M
    I am definitely leaning safety in round 2 or 3 for us. My preferences depending on round would be:

Williams/Baker > Justin Evans > Melifonwu/Maye > Josh Jones

Keep in mind I mostly just read draft profiles on guys and don't see much tape. That being said, when I read Jones it sounds a lot like Mike Mitchell and I am not the biggest fan of his. I think he is a mediocre safety who makes too many mistakes. Maybe that isn't fair to Jones but I just can't get past it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelheart View Post
    I am definitely leaning safety in round 2 or 3 for us. My preferences depending on round would be:

Williams/Baker > Justin Evans > Melifonwu/Maye > Josh Jones

Keep in mind I mostly just read draft profiles on guys and don't see much tape. That being said, when I read Jones it sounds a lot like Mike Mitchell and I am not the biggest fan of his. I think he is a mediocre safety who makes too many mistakes. Maybe that isn't fair to Jones but I just can't get past it.
    Interesting

Jones reminds me of Sean Davis. He can (and has) play both SS and FS. Just imagine a QB having to figure which one is going to play SS and which one is playing FS.

What am I missing here? Everything I saw had Sutton going in the 3rd. In fact I have been consistently mocking him there for awhile because of it. Did something change?
    there have been articles out there that pointed out that Cam was hampered by a fractured ankle or foot that affected him last season. Without that impediment he could have been a 1st round pick supposedly. i mostly saw him in the 2nd-3rd round as well until i read this somewhere like a week or 2 ago. he could be a steal. i always thought his floor was quite favorable. now i like his ceiling too

Indeed, you have probably read that. But, IMO, Sutton is a legitimate R2 pick. The Steelers met with him 3 different times, which tells me that they are very interested in him. Before he hurt his ankle, he was playing st a "late R1 level".

He may very well still be there at 94, but I'd be fine with taking him much, much earlier.

1 Josh Jones, S, NC St.
    2 Obi Melifonwu, S, Uconn
    3 Budda Baker, S, Washington
    4 Marcus Maye, S, Florida
    5 Marcus Williams, S, Utah
    7 Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee
    8 Desmond King, CB, Iowa
    9 Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
    10 Kevin King, CB, Washington
    11 Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
    12 Quincey Wilson, CB, Florida
    13 Derek Rivers, OLB, Youngstown St.
    14 Jordan Willis, OLB, Kansas St.
    15 Carl Lawson, OLB, Auburn
    16 Tyus Bowser, OLB, Houston
    17 Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida St.
    18 Curtis Samuel, WR/RB, Ohio St.
    19 Chris Wormley, DE, Michigan
    21 Malik McDowell, DE, Michigan St.
    21 Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland

22 Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson
    23 Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio St.
    24 Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vanderbilt

The receivers:
    25 Chris Godwin, WR, Penn St.
    26 Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina
    27 Cooper Kupp, WR, Eastern Washington
    28 JuJu Smith-Schuester

^some of the guys i feel are overrated and i personally hope go before 62 to buffer better prospects towards us. that worked well for us in round 1 (Raiders getting Gareon Conley. Falcons getting Takkarist McKinley. Thanks you 2).

I could see a not all that crazy scenario where Budda Baker drops deep into the 2nd round. I could see some team getting a real hard on for Obi because of his measurables. Same with Marcus Williams and Marcus Maye. Ive read that Marcus Maye is basically Keanu Neal 2.0 in terms of pedigree and playing style and could see his stock go higher than many believe.

Could see half a dozen, maybe more safeties go ahead of Budda Baker. Funny how much size matters to some even when you're good at football. We'll be getting a damn good slot corner and free safety who doesnt bite down on double moves and play action *cough cough* Mike Mitchell if it happens

^some of the guys i feel are overrated and i personally hope go before 62 to buffer better prospects towards us. that worked well for us in round 1 (Raiders getting Gareon Conley. Falcons getting Takkarist McKinley. Thanks you 2).

I could see a not all that crazy scenario where Budda Baker drops deep into the 2nd round. I could see some team getting a real hard on for Obi because of his measurables. Same with Marcus Williams and Marcus Maye. Ive read that Marcus Maye is basically Keanu Neal 2.0 in terms of pedigree and playing style and could see his stock go higher than many believe.

Could see half a dozen, maybe more safeties go ahead of Budda Baker. Funny how much size matters to some even when you're good at football. We'll be getting a damn good slot corner and free safety who doesnt bite down on double moves and play action *cough cough* Mike Mitchell if it happens
    Good points.

I'll disagree with you on Bowser. As mojouw posted, Bowser's sackEER rating is top 5 in this draft.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/nfl.../sackseer-2017

Interesting

Jones reminds me of Sean Davis. He can (and has) play both SS and FS. Just imagine a QB having to figure which one is going to play SS and which one is playing FS.
    Sean Davis had a solid rookie season so I guess that comparison isn't bad. Ultimately I would like a true ball hawking FS. I want a guy the QB has to worry about and identify and I don't think we have had that since Clark and Polamalu. Mitchell isn't even remotely that guy and maybe Davis could be but he plays more as the SS.

Sean Davis had a solid rookie season so I guess that comparison isn't bad. Ultimately I would like a true ball hawking FS. I want a guy the QB has to worry about and identify and I don't think we have had that since Clark and Polamalu. Mitchell isn't even remotely that guy and maybe Davis could be but he plays more as the SS.
    I agree: Mitchell is so frustrating. For three years, he sucked... then, he was good for nine games... and then, in the AFCCG, he sucked again.

I think Davis plays SS currently, because Mitchell is already entrenched as the FS. But, IMO, Davis could move to FS...

Budda Baker would like to have a word with you

1 Josh Jones, S, NC St. visited
    2 Obi Melifonwu, S, Uconn visited, combine
    3 Budda Baker, S, Washington visited
    4 Marcus Maye, S, Florida pro day, DINNER
    5 Marcus Williams, S, Utah combine
    7 Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee combine, senior bowl, one more
    8 Desmond King, CB, Iowa combine
    9 Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
    10 Kevin King, CB, Washington
    11 Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
    12 Quincey Wilson, CB, Florida pro day
    13 Derek Rivers, OLB, Youngstown St. visited, combine, pro day, senior bowl
    14 Jordan Willis, OLB, Kansas St.
    15 Carl Lawson, OLB, Auburn combine, pro day
    16 Tyus Bowser, OLB, Houston
    17 Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida St.
    18 Curtis Samuel, WR/RB, Ohio St.
    19 Chris Wormley, DE, Michigan combine, pro day, DINNER
    21 Malik McDowell, DE, Michigan St.
    21 Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland combine, pro day
    22 Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson combine, pro day
    23 Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio St. visited
    24 Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vanderbilt visited

The receivers:
    25 Chris Godwin, WR, Penn St. combine, pro day, visited
    26 Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina
    27 Cooper Krupp, WR, Eastern Washington
    28 JuJu Smith-Schuester

Players I hope go before 62, which will push one of the above players down to us:
    --DeShone Kizer, QB, Norte Dame
    --Forrest Lamp, OG, Western Kentucky
    --Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama
    --Dan Feeney, OG, Indiana
    --Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama

Budda Baker would like to have a word with you
    I don't follow.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

I like Raekwon McMillan or Adam Shaheen in Rd 2

I like Marcus Williams more than Obi, Josh Jones, Justin Evans, and Marcus Maye. Am i crazy

Based on dinners and multiple visits, I think it will be one of these four guys:

Marcus Maye, S, Florida
    Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee
    Chris Wormley, DE, Michigan
    Chris Godwin, WR, Penn St.

I would have sworn that they'd take Derek Rivers (OLB, Youngstown St.), but I just don't see them taking another OLB this early.