Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: In the 62nd pick in the 2017,the Pittsburgh Steelers select....

Member Array title="Devil's D will become famous soon enough">

Re: In the 62nd pick in the 2017,the Pittsburgh Steelers select....

I think it will be Sutton or Maye at 62.

But, I would rather have Chidobe or Budda (even if the Steelers had to move up).

I will be happy as long as the Steelers get a S & CB before the end of the 3rd round.

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    now that is a trick question LOL

yes they matter but only if it shows up on tape

meaning in 40 yard dash you can measure how quickly someone can run the distance in a straight line and they may not have the greatest of time and another guy may beat him by .2 seconds ( that is literally the blink of an eye ) some guys can make that difference up in recognition speed because CB is a read react position as much as anything else so it minimizes straight line speed to some degree if the player shows good awareness and reaction speed ...

I would draft a guy who has proven he can mirror a player in coverage over a player who has shown me he can run fast in a straight line .... you wont always have to run super fast but you always needs to be within arms reach of the man you are covering

prefer 4.5 or better but think some guys can run 4.6 and still get the job done
    I think this just about nails it. It's a tool, a check for what your eyes are telling you on game tape. If the guy runs a 4.4 but looks slow on tape, then the question is why? Maybe it's an injury during the season that wasn't well known, maybe it was a problem with recognition that a coach thinks he can fix. Maybe he just looks slow running, but actually isn't. The reverse is also true. That's why I consider things like the forty and cone drills to be checks for game tape. Other drills focused on handwork, direction reaction, long jump, weight bench, etc., all show traits to set a baseline for what the player can do.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    I think this just about nails it. It's a tool, a check for what your eyes are telling you on game tape. If the guy runs a 4.4 but looks slow on tape, then the question is why? Maybe it's an injury during the season that wasn't well known, maybe it was a problem with recognition that a coach thinks he can fix. Maybe he just looks slow running, but actually isn't. The reverse is also true. That's why I consider things like the forty and cone drills to be checks for game tape. Other drills focused on handwork, direction reaction, long jump, weight bench, etc., all show traits to set a baseline for what the player can do.
    As an example of what my original question is about...
    Compare Adoree Jackson, tape and writer's opinions, to Jalen Myrick, tape and writer's opinions.
    Next look at one ran a 4.28/40 and one ran a 4.42/40. The faster guy is ranked 3-4 rounds later than the slower guy. (Dismiss everything but the CB ability for the sake of comparison) Being drafted to play CB.
    Where is the real value at CB?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I am assuming that we will be using this thread as the Round 2 DISCUSSION thread...

Or, do we need a new/separate thread???

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I am assuming that we will be using this thread as the Round 2 DISCUSSION thread...

Or, do we need a new/separate thread???
    This one is a bit muddy now. MAYBE A NEW ONE PLEASE.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    This one is a bit muddy now. MAYBE A NEW ONE PLEASE.
    I'm it!!!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

WR was literally the last thing they needed. They needed DB help to play man better and stop the elite QBs. WRs don't win Super Bowls and this guy probably doesn't even play behind a stacked WR corp

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    WR was literally the last thing they needed. They needed DB help to play man better and stop the elite QBs. WRs don't win Super Bowls and this guy probably doesn't even play behind a stacked WR corp
    Playmakers win super bowls, not matter what position. I'm always good with BPA.