Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In the 62nd pick in the 2017,the Pittsburgh Steelers select....

Senior Member Array title="Steelheart is a jewel in the rough"> Steelheart's Avatar

Re: In the 62nd pick in the 2017,the Pittsburgh Steelers select....

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    I like Marcus Williams more than Obi, Josh Jones, Justin Evans, and Marcus Maye. Am i crazy
    I am with you. Him and Baker are my 2 top rated.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Based on dinners and multiple visits, I think it will be one of these four guys:

Marcus Maye, S, Florida
    Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee
    Chris Wormley, DE, Michigan
    Chris Godwin, WR, Penn St.

I would have sworn that they'd take Derek Rivers (OLB, Youngstown St.), but I just don't see them taking another OLB this early.
    I thought McMillan had visits as well?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    I thought McMillan had visits as well?
    He did. (see: post #26)

Those five players had multiple visits (Sutton, Godwin, Rivers) and/or had dinner with Tomlin (Maye, Wormley).

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I've been reading the "Day 2 Mocks", and all of them have Joe Mixon going to the Bengals.

For the Steelers, here's who they have:

MMQB:
    62 Justin Evans, S, Texas A&M
    94 Joshua Dobbs, QB, Tennessee
    105 Taywan Taylor, WR, Western Kentucky

Dane Brugler:
    62 Chris Godwin, WR, Penn St.

Lance Zierlein:
    62 DeShone Kizer, QB, Norte Dame
    94 Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio St.
    105 ArDarius Stewart, WR, Alabama

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I would be disappointed at this stage if they took a QB in the 2 or 3 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

There are 30 pick until we select again; so, here are 30 players:

1 Josh Jones, S, NC St. visited
    2 Obi Melifonwu, S, Uconn visited, combine
    3 Budda Baker, S, Washington visited
    4 Marcus Maye, S, Florida pro day, DINNER
    5 Marcus Williams, S, Utah combine
    6 Justin Evans, S, Texas A&M
    7 Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee combine, senior bowl, one more
    8 Desmond King, CB, Iowa combine
    9 Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
    10 Kevin King, CB, Washington
    11 Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
    12 Quincey Wilson, CB, Florida pro day
    13 Derek Rivers, OLB, Youngstown St. visited, combine, pro day, senior bowl
    14 Jordan Willis, OLB, Kansas St.
    15 Carl Lawson, OLB, Auburn combine, pro day
    16 Tyus Bowser, OLB, Houston
    17 Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida St.
    18 Curtis Samuel, WR/RB, Ohio St.
    19 Chris Wormley, DE, Michigan combine, pro day, DINNER
    21 Malik McDowell, DE, Michigan St.
    21 Adam Shaheen, TE, Ashland combine, pro day
    22 Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson combine, pro day
    23 Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio St. visited
    24 Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vanderbilt visited

The receivers:
    25 Chris Godwin, WR, Penn St. combine, pro day, visited
    26 Zay Jones, WR, East Carolina
    27 Cooper Krupp, WR, Eastern Washington
    28 JuJu Smith-Schuester

Players I hope go before 62, which will push one of the above players down to us:
    --DeShone Kizer, QB, Norte Dame
    --Forrest Lamp, OG, Western Kentucky
    --Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama
    --Dan Feeney, OG, Indiana
    --Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama
    One More = Tennesse's pro day.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    One More = Tennesse's pro day.
    Thank you. Duh.

Six weeks ago, I had it written as two (in my notes), and when I heard about the third time, I didn't write down... and, nowadays, if I don't write stuff down, I simply don't remember it like I used to.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

If they want Sutton, I believe they could trade back a few spots to get more picks.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I really want Budda Baker.

Could start in the slot day 1, and make plays.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

I keep seeing that Rasul Douglas is going to go before 62. I was was going to get him at 94...

The more that I look & read, the more that I foresee a huge run on DBs in the next round and a half. I could see 6 safeties and 10 corners coming off of the board before we pick again in R3. Ergo, we might need to go DB at 62.

So, assuming that huge number of DBs getting drafted does indeed come to fruition... at 62, which DB would you take???

I keep seeing that Rasul Douglas is going to go before 62. I was was going to get him at 94...

The more that I look & read, the more that I foresee a huge run on DBs in the next round and a half. I could see 6 safeties and 10 corners coming off of the board before we pick again in R3. Ergo, we might need to go DB at 62.

So, assuming that huge number of DBs getting drafted does indeed come to fruition... at 62, which DB would you take???
    I feel like they need to go get their guy.

I thought they were going to take a DB in round 1(no one was there, and TJ did indeed make it past Dallas, and GB), and trade up in round 2 for their pass rusher. Same thing here just vice versa. Budda Baker is a first round talent, I'd give up a 2nd, and the 3rd round comp pick to move up and steal him.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    I really want Budda Baker.

Could start in the slot day 1, and make plays.
    I like Baker, but to get him I believe we would have to move up in the 2nd round quite a bit. Think he could go in the first 5 or 6 picks in the 2nd. Remember GB lost one of their better S in FA.

AML

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

Which could bring us back to Sutton.

AML

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Kizer if he falls

Bringing him in the secondary with Burns, MM, Cockrell, Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    Kizer if he falls
    Or Webb. The QB they actually like.

I feel like they need to go get their guy.

I thought they were going to take a DB in round 1(no one was there, and TJ did indeed make it past Dallas, and GB), and trade up in round 2 for their pass rusher. Same thing here just vice versa. Budda Baker is a first round talent, I'd give up a 2nd, and the 3rd round comp pick to move up and steal him.
    If he is indeed their guy, Tomlin has shown that he's willing to do just that. (see: Landon Collins)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    Which could bring us back to Sutton.
    That's my guess.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

That would be pretty nuts. I dont feel a lot of pressure to budge from 62 for a DB regardless. At least one of 5 good safety prospects will be there worst case scenario. Cornerback, arguably even more good value prospects left. I think in order of most desired to less out of who's remaining I would want (at 62):

1) Budda Baker
    2) Kevin King
    3) Marcus Williams
    4) Obi Melifonwu
    5) Cameron Sutton
    6) Chidobe Awuzie
    7) Jourdan Lewis

I wouldnt mind trading up a little bit if we really wanted Budda. I would put Jourdan Lewis as arguably my 2nd choice but i think he has a good chance to still be there for our 3rd pick because of the off field stuff. Then again, Foster, Peppers, and Conley all went off the board in round 1
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    Kizer if he falls

- - - Updated - - -

Or Webb. The QB they actually like.
    If the Steelers feel that Webb is their guy, then so be it. I personally would go a different route, but they know more than I do.

But, if it's Webb vs. Kizer, I'd go Webb 100 times out of 99.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

If Chris Wormley is available at 62, he'll be the BPA (imo) and be the Steelers R2 pick. He can play multiple positions and you can just about call Big Dan gone after this season. I would be surprised if he makes it to 62 tho.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/03/23/nf...rmley-michigan

That would be pretty nuts. I dont feel a lot of pressure to budge from 62 for a DB regardless. At least one of 5 good safety prospects will be there worst case scenario. Cornerback, arguably even more good value prospects left. I think in order of most desired to less out of who's remaining I would want (at 62):

1) Budda Baker
    2) Kevin King
    3) Marcus Williams
    4) Obi Melifonwu
    5) Cameron Sutton
    6) Chidobe Awuzie
    7) Jourdan Lewis

I wouldnt mind trading up a little bit if we really wanted Budda. I would put Jourdan Lewis as arguably my 2nd choice but i think he has a good chance to still be there for our 3rd pick because of the off field stuff. Then again, Foster, Peppers, and Conley all went off the board in round 1
    I agree. Unless the Steelers want Budda Baker (or Kevin King), there is no need to trade up. I see 12 DBs worthy of the 62nd pick, and one of them will absolutely be there at 62.

Josh Jones, S, NC St.
    Obi Melifonwu, S, Uconn
    Budda Baker, S, Washington
    Marcus Maye, S, Florida
    Marcus Williams, S, Utah
    Justin Evans, S, Texas A&M

Desmond King, CB, Iowa
    Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
    Kevin King, CB, Washington
    Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
    Rasul Douglas, CB, WVU

I would go safety at 62... and then, trade up early in R3 for one of these corners:

Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA
    Damontae Kazee, CB, SDSU
    Shaquill Griffin, CB, Central Florida
    Cordrea Tankersly, CB, Clemson
    Corn Elder, CB, Miami
    Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

I agree. Unless the Steelers want Budda Baker (or Kevin King), there is no need to trade up. I see 12 DBs worthy of the 62nd pick, and one of them will absolutely be there at 62.

Josh Jones, S, NC St.
    Obi Melifonwu, S, Uconn
    Budda Baker, S, Washington
    Marcus Maye, S, Florida
    Marcus Williams, S, Utah
    Justin Evans, S, Texas A&M

Desmond King, CB, Iowa
    Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
    Kevin King, CB, Washington
    Sidney Jones, CB, Washington
    Rasul Douglas, CB, WVU

I would go safety at 62... and then, trade up early in R3 for one of these corners:

Fabian Moreau, CB, UCLA
    Damontae Kazee, CB, SDSU
    Shaquill Griffin, CB, Central Florida
    Cordrea Tankersly, CB, Clemson
    Corn Elder, CB, Miami
    Jourdan Lewis, CB, Michigan
    im game. think lewis, griffin, kazee, and moreau will all be gone by the time we pick in the 3rd without trading up?
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Steelers seem to really like some guys we haven't talked much about also. Myrick(sp), small slot CB for one.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

With their second round pick,the steelers need an cornerback who can play man to man...

The steelers need also to be better in the middle of the field on defense.

im game. think lewis, griffin, kazee, and moreau will all be gone by the time we pick in the 3rd without trading up?
    Realistically, at least one should be there at 94. But, it depends. If there's a run on corners at the beginning of R3, they might have to trade up (which I'd be willing to do).

(Add Howard Wilson, Houston to that list.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Steelers seem to really like some guys we haven't talked much about also. Myrick(sp), small slot CB for one.
    True

Marquez White, Florida St.
    Nate Hairston, Temple

(But, that's more like R5.)

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    With their second round pick,the steelers need an cornerback who can play man to man...

The steelers need also to be better in the middle of the field on defense.

Trade up for Baker, then draft Griffin/Douglas in round 3.

You get a physical slot corner in Baker, and a big press corner in round 3.

Get your RB, WR, in rounds 4-5.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    If Chris Wormley is available at 62, he'll be the BPA (imo) and be the Steelers R2 pick. He can play multiple positions and you can just about call Big Dan gone after this season. I would be surprised if he makes it to 62 tho.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/03/23/nf...rmley-michigan
    Tomlin had dinner with him.

They need a DE to rotate in (Heyward & Tuitt played far too many snaps).

But... he will likely be gone by 62.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Howard Wilson is a guy that I think fits Colbert's recent trends. Oh, other teams are looking past you because your stats aren't that great and you probably came out too early? Fine. I'll take the guy that in another year would've gone in the first round.

Maybe Wilson can even be had in the third?

Tomlin had dinner with him.

They need a DE to rotate in (Heyward & Tuitt played far too many snaps).

But... he will likely be gone by 62.
    If we draft Tanoh how do you think he should be used

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

DESHONE KIZER, QB, NOTRE DAME