Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BOLD predictions!!!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

BOLD predictions!!!

What bold prediction do you have about tonight's draft?

I'll start it off...

Tennessee will not stay at 5. Their GM is all about acquiring extra picks. The Browns want Trubisky, but the bolder prediction is that the NYGiants trade a R1 next year in order to get OJ Howard (right in front of the NYJets).

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: BOLD predictions!!!

My bold prediction.....

The Steelers will trade back out of the 1st for the 1st time since ??? and pick up 2 extra picks instead.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    My bold prediction.....

The Steelers will trade back out of the 1st for the 1st time since ??? and pick up 2 extra picks instead.
    I could see that. A team wanting a QB, trades in front of the Saints.

(Then... the Steelers get Peppers early in R2. )

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I could see that. A team wanting a QB, trades in front of the Saints.

(Then... the Steelers get Peppers early in R2. )

Maybe not the boldest of predictions but it's still early, and the Steelers never trade out of the 1st, so best I could come up with during the day's 1st cup.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

The Steelers take a QB. (I hate myself for writing that)

Browns pass on Garrett, take Trubisky #1 overall.

3 QB's go in the the top 10. (most of the time that's not really bold but with this class I'll say it is)

Bengals trade up ahead of Carolina to draft Fournette.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

the giants, saints, steelers, chiefs, cardinals, and chargers ALL pass on the chance to replace the old guard by not drafting Trubisky, Kizer, Watson, Mahomes, and Webb
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

1) QB Deshone Kizer
    2) OLB Tim Williams
    3a) DE Demarcus Walker
    3b) DT Davon Godchaux
    4) OT Roderick Johnson
    5) RB Corey Clement
    6) FB Marquez Williams
    7) K Conrad Ukropina

just to piss people before the draft
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Maybe not the boldest of predictions but it's still early, and the Steelers never trade out of the 1st, so best I could come up with during the day's 1st cup.
    That is actually extremely BOLD.

Colbert might have tipped his hand, with his comments about the "fifth year option"...

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Steelers trade Bryant and there 1st to the Titans for there 1st and then select Mike Williams with the 5th overall pick.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Now for my really bold prediction, The Commish doesn't get booed till day 2.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    There is bold... and then, there is IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post

My bold prediction: There will be no military veterans to "deflect" the boos for Der Komissar.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

I think the Steelers will be working the phone lines hard to move up in the 2nd round. That may not be so bold, so, we take a player that has been sliding of late, Humphrey.

AML

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I am all for trading back if we can get the right compensation , but when picking at 30 cant say even though I am good with it still would be a little pissed waiting all day for no selection to start waiting again tomorrow

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

The Browns are going to have a good draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    I am all for trading back if we can get the right compensation , but when picking at 30 cant say even though I am good with it still would be a little pissed waiting all day for no selection to start waiting again tomorrow
    That is the catch isn't it. Better chance at a better overall draft, but no day 1 pick. However, as of right now, the Patriots don't pick until round 3. At least we don't wait that long.

There is bold... and then, there is IMPOSSIBLE!!!
    Yep specially since it's in Phili and no way it happens with those fans.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Steelers draft Watson at 30.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Bengals or Cowboys draft Gareon Conley in the 2nd round

The hometown Eagles fans don't loudly boo the 1st round pick

No one on this forum complains about the 1st round pick tonight

Browns trade up to no. 2 overall and get Trubisky

Cowboys draft Tim Williams in the first round

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

No one on this forum complains about the 1st round pick tonight
    Impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Impossible!
    I think a lot had it right with WJ3 last year but the Bengals stole him from us. Thought the Burns pick was a panic one after that and may have been. So far happy it turn out that way now though.

In psychology, they call that "delayed gratification."

(I hear you, though.)

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

That is the catch isn't it. Better chance at a better overall draft, but no day 1 pick. However, as of right now, the Patriots don't pick until round 3. At least we don't wait that long.

excuse me if I have no empathy for the Pats though but yes its a catch 22 for us for sure ....

sadly I expect the Cheatriots to finagle themselves back into rd 1 or early rd 2

- - - Updated - - -

In psychology, they call that "delayed gratification."

(I hear you, though.)
    it could be / would be gratifying if we moved back say 3-5 spots still got a quality Edge or CB and an additional 3 in our pocket ...

but what if they took a WR after trading back ( OUCH ) not sure they make a bandaid big enough for that one for me

excuse me if I have no empathy for the Pats though but yes its a catch 22 for us for sure ....

sadly I expect the Cheatriots to finagle themselves back into rd 1 or early rd 2
    It wouldn't surprise me if they end up with 'the Titans' #5 pick'.(or something just as wrong) They just seem to find a way to keep ahead. But this year, they don't have much to trade with. Seems nobody wanted JimmyG, and Butler's not worth losing out on a 1st round pick. I don't know why the Browns would want more mid-late round picks, but that's probably who would make the trade.

It wouldn't surprise me if they end up with 'the Titans' #5 pick'.(or something just as wrong) They just seem to find a way to keep ahead. But this year, they don't have much to trade with. Seems nobody wanted JimmyG, and Butler's not worth losing out on a 1st round pick. I don't know why the Browns would want more mid-late round picks, but that's probably who would make the trade.

watch them send Kony Ealy and Butler to the Titans for the 5th pick .. ( Titans could use a pass rusher and a DB )

then trade back from 5 to 12 gaining a bunch of picks from the Browns

watch them send Kony Ealy and Butler to the Titans for the 5th pick .. ( Titans could use a pass rusher and a DB )

then trade back from 5 to 12 gaining a bunch of picks from the Browns

Wait... :tears:

Wait... :tears:

yea I know seems out there , but this is the bill of goods only they seemingly are able to sell ..... and it would be funny if not for that

yea I know seems out there , but this is the bill of goods only they seemingly are able to sell ..... and it would be funny if not for that
    Funny... because, the Browns.

Sad... because, cheating.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Impossible!
    Exactly. MIght as well start the complaint thread now

BurghBoy412

Steelers don't draft an Edge rusher till round 3.