Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ESPN Layoffs

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: ESPN Layoffs

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Kind of? Lol...

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    easy fix for that is go to the website and use a friends login password that still subscribes to cable , I use my sons because we cut the cable cord a few years ago and stream everything...

32inch 1080p smart tv as a pc monitor for both me and the MRS. and a 3rd pc hooked up to the big flat screen with kodi on that pc
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    This

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    LOL, everyone that I know has cancelled their cable. I've got Amazon Fire TV boxes with Kodi in the living room and bedroom and Kodi on my computer and tablet. That's how I watch everything that's not on local channels, which I get via antenna.
    We're oing the same thing as soon as my contract with Directv ends in a few months. I have the Amazon Fire boxes ready to go. Kodi is an awesome app. If you give him like 5 bucks a month you can get pay per view stuff as well.

You guys probably know this already but I'll share it anyways. Make sure that you are using a program like IPVanish or your cable company could start throttling down your bandwidth. They know that you're connecting to Kodi and they know what Kodi is, so it's possible for them to limit your bandwidth. Just food for thought.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

It sounds like Bettis is also out at ESPN.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    It sounds like Bettis is also out at ESPN.
    No denial or other comment by Bettis ESPN to that report by the Sporting News, which is sort of a confirmation

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...q11m9cmnfdzmko

Probably means Ed Werder's comments that indiacted Ron Jaworski and Merrill Hoge are gone as well are accurate - ESPN decided not to make any announcement of who got cut and left it to those who were let go or co-workers to make the announcements. From a PR standpoint this just keeps the story going as news of each layoff leaks out.

Updated - confirmed by the Bus on Twitter

Last edited by AtlantaDan; 05-08-2017 at 05:51 PM.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Tebow draws ratings. Nothing hard to figure out there.

Senior Member Array title="salamander has a reputation beyond repute">

If you go onto the ESPN NHL Twitter page right now, all they're posting are European soccer articles...on the hockey Twitter account. They are a mess.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Gotta agree with most of all replies. I too tuned out of the sports channels and all the talking heads. Between false information, not knowing what the hell they are talking about, the yelling back and forth at each other, the one sided favoritism, and worst of all, their political views of which I couldn't care less of what they think, I just use the computer for all the info I need. Living close to Cincinnati, the only Sunday football is the damn bunghole games which I refuse to watch. There is a Steeler bar/restaurant about 45 min drive from my house so most of the time I drive there to watch/eat/drink on Sundays. So, screw sports channels and all the talking heads. And also screw all the athletes who think they have to tell US what the political views are.....just do your job and PLAY THE SPORT which you are getting paid to do. They sound so ignorant when the talk politics of which they know NOTHING about !

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

It's been several years since I've watched Sports Center with any regularity. It's all about PERSONALITY now, by design, which doesn't interest me. I don't mind watching the network if there's actual sports on or a show like NFL Live.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Add John Clayton to the ESPN layoff list

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ba09e1ca4d38

Clayton had a good run (I first read him when he covered the Steelers for the Pittsburgh Press (RIP) in the 70s) and still has his sports talk show in Seattle. ESPN reporting on the NFL is pretty much down to Adam Schefter tweeting rumors while everyone else on the ESPN web site and TV shows does "analysis."

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Add John Clayton to the ESPN layoff list

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ba09e1ca4d38

Clayton had a good run (I first read him when he covered the Steelers for the Pittsburgh Press (RIP) in the 70s) and still has his sports talk show in Seattle. ESPN reporting on the NFL is pretty much down to Adam Schefter tweeting rumors while everyone else on the ESPN web site and TV shows does "analysis."
    Damn, The Professor is part of Steelers history (1983 draft - Dan Marino for example). But, he was like Ed Werder and Sal Paolantonio IMHO. Old school type reporters.