Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bryant has been reinstated

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Bryant has been reinstated

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Watch: Martavis Bryant Runs A 4.27 40

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/04...-runs-4-27-40/
    I hope this is all more than a tease. I'll buy it all when he's about 4 games into the season with 20+ catches for 18 YPC and 6+ TDs and no weed issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    AB
    Bryant (If fully reinstated and stays clean)
    Rogers (Takes Wheaton's spot in the slot)
    Coates (Backs up AB/Bryant)
    DHB (Special Teams/Emergency WR)
    Draft Pick (Is already equivalent of DHB/Can play the role of Coates as a backup/Can replace Coates, and/or Bryant if they still aren't what we drafted them for)

Best case is everything works out great. Worst case is Bryant becomes a 'what could have been' statistic, Coates IS what he was for MOST of the season, Rogers does not take another step forward. Must continue to add options.
    Are you cutting your FA signee? I see him staying and DHB going.

Senior Member Array title="Steelheart is a jewel in the rough"> Steelheart's Avatar

This is very good news. I think they will still protect themselves and take a receiver. Either 3rd-4th range or take a flier on someone late.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

AB
    Bryant (If fully reinstated and stays clean)
    Rogers (Takes Wheaton's spot in the slot)
    Coates (Backs up AB/Bryant)
    DHB (Special Teams/Emergency WR)
    Draft Pick (Is already equivalent of DHB/Can play the role of Coates as a backup/Can replace Coates, and/or Bryant if they still aren't what we drafted them for)

Best case is everything works out great. Worst case is Bryant becomes a 'what could have been' statistic, Coates IS what he was for MOST of the season, Rogers does not take another step forward. Must continue to add options.
    I totally agree with this. Plus if Bryant stays clean and continues to excel, can they pay him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I totally agree with this. Plus if Bryant stays clean and continues to excel, can they pay him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I could be wrong but ...

I think Bryant has a couple years left here at min. because I do not believe the full year susp counts as a year towards FA ..... so he would have a RFA year at the end where we could give him a 1st round tender and if someone wanted him bad enough could extend an offer sheet but would have to pony up a 1st rounder if we did not match it

Senior Member Array title="Steelheart is a jewel in the rough"> Steelheart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    I could be wrong but ...

I think Bryant has a couple years left here at min. because I do not believe the full year susp counts as a year towards FA ..... so he would have a RFA year at the end where we could give him a 1st round tender and if someone wanted him bad enough could extend an offer sheet but would have to pony up a 1st rounder if we did not match it
    I believe you are correct. He was drafted in 14 and played that year and in 15. Pretty sure I heard 16 doesn't count so that gives us 17 and 18 with him.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    I could be wrong but ...

That is correct. He lost a year (has to wait an extra year to be a free agent), because his year-long suspension doesn't count as a year of service.

And, that's exactly what I'd do: offer him a R1 tender with the option to match.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steelheart View Post
    I believe you are correct. He was drafted in 14 and played that year and in 15. Pretty sure I heard 16 doesn't count so that gives us 17 and 18 with him.
    Exactly

Senior Member Array title="smokin3000gt has a reputation beyond repute"> smokin3000gt's Avatar

Steelers still brought in too many WRs on official visits to throw the position out as a draft pick. I think it can be moved down the priority list a bit now, but still on the list. Remember, he's just one more fail away from a possible life ban.
    I think you're right. Although we are happy to have him back, MB hasn't shown the maturity that would lead us to believe he's figured it out and is a long term solution. Honestly I'd be surprised if he didn't Ricky William his way out of the league or off the Steeler roster anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Tomlin is that good.

PATRIOTS**

BUNGLES
    Steelers - 18 Bengals - 16 #0in25 #anotherseasonBungled

HTG ¤-

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Watch: Martavis Bryant Runs A 4.27 40

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/04...-runs-4-27-40/
    As long as it is 4.27 and not 4.20...

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I tend to agree with this. I see Hunter making the team, although I don't know that it's necessarily at the expense of DHB. It would depend on the draft.

I really want to see what Hunter can do with a good QB and playing on a good team.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Great news and it gives us the option to see what Hunter can do in TC and preseason before we have to make a decision on him. 2 days ago we were iffy at WR, today we are in a great place. Now lets get some solid picks and start the road to our next ring. I am hoping this reinstatement gets Ben psyched up for a great offensive year!

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
    I think you're right. Although we are happy to have him back, MB hasn't shown the maturity that would lead us to believe he's figured it out and is a long term solution. Honestly I'd be surprised if he didn't Ricky William his way out of the league or off the Steeler roster anyways.

You may be right but Ben sure as hell didn't reflect much maturity in his early days either.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I hope this is all more than a tease. I'll buy it all when he's about 4 games into the season with 20+ catches for 18 YPC and 6+ TDs and no weed issues.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idea on the future of DHB. I think he is maybe moved into the ST/Emergency role. We still need that until we know how Bryant is going to work out, plus if Coates can make a full recovery and get back to his early season form. Neither is a guarantee, which is my point on drafting another WR. Bryant is reinstated to enter the facility now. He still has work to do before he can rejoin the team. IMO, a WR like Reynolds or Hollins in the 3rd/4th, or Golladay in the 4th-6th, would be a smart pick.

On the Hunter signing, I don't care if he stays or goes. He hasn't stuck with a team yet. We keep saying "pass happy league", and a guy with his measurable keeps moving around? Quacks like a red flag to me.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I have no idea on the future of DHB. I think he is maybe moved into the ST/Emergency role. We still need that until we know how Bryant is going to work out, plus if Coates can make a full recovery and get back to his early season form. Neither is a guarantee, which is my point on drafting another WR. Bryant is reinstated to enter the facility now. He still has work to do before he can rejoin the team. IMO, a WR like Reynolds or Hollins in the 3rd/4th, or Golladay in the 4th-6th, would be a smart pick.

On the Hunter signing, I don't care if he stays or goes. He hasn't stuck with a team yet. We keep saying "pass happy league", and a guy with his measurable keeps moving around? Quacks like a red flag to me.
    if Hunter can't make it here his career is doomed ... Richard Mann is the best WR coach in the league bar none if he can't succeed with Mann "forget about it"

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Is there anyone who can tell Bryant to STFU?

This nonsense after the JuJu Smith pick

If it is a business treat it that way

Karma could be a no contact knee injury for fools who talk trash rather than lay low after engaging in career killing idiocy

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

It was funny!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

"Not minds" Lol

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Hunter is the poor mans version of MB. MB is the poor mans version of Randy Moss. Hunter has talent and has freakish attributes as well and suffered from poor QB play. I say we will keep 6 this year and he will be one of the 6.

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Hunter is the poor mans version of MB. MB is the poor mans version of Randy Moss. Hunter has talent and has freakish attributes as well and suffered from poor QB play. I say we will keep 6 this year and he will be one of the 6.
    Three uses of the word poor.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Three uses of the word poor.
    Lol.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

With the conditional reinstatement of Martavis Bryant to the NFL, there remained some outstanding contractual issues for the league to confirm. As of Wednesday morning, it appears those outstanding questions have been put to rest following adjustment to the NFLPA contract database.

Bryant is now officially showing as being under contract to the Pittsburgh Steelers for both the 2017 season and 2018 seasons, with an amended base salary for each year. Based on NFLPA figures, this is the remaining contract Bryant is set to receive.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/201...1&noRedirect=1

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post
    Is there anyone who can tell Bryant to STFU?

This nonsense after the JuJu Smith pick

If it is a business treat it that way

Karma could be a no contact knee injury for fools who talk trash rather than lay low after engaging in career killing idiocy
    As I have said before this is just a case of a couple guys busting each other's balls. This kind of stuff goes on in my office all the time and we laugh and have fun with it. Don't take it to seriously

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    As I have said before this is just a case of a couple guys busting each other's balls. This kind of stuff goes on in my office all the time and we laugh and have fun with it. Don't take it to seriously
    True but dont do this where the whole world can see it instead of just keeping it in the office ...bryant will fuck up again guaranteed...he cant miss ANY rehab/therapy meetings throughout the season or he is done!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="SteelMayhem72 has much to be proud of"> SteelMayhem72's Avatar

To be totally honest, im not really considering him to be part of the team past the halfway point in the season...i do think ju ju is gonna be a monster...do is a great blocker too...that alone surpasses a couple of our receivers already.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMayhem72 View Post
    To be totally honest, im not really considering him to be part of the team past the halfway point in the season...i do think ju ju is gonna be a monster...do is a great blocker too...that alone surpasses a couple of our receivers already.

Dude not do...lol...typo

True but dont do this where the whole world can see it instead of just keeping it in the office ...bryant will fuck up again guaranteed...he cant miss ANY rehab/therapy meetings throughout the season or he is done!

Who says its guaranteed? Moreover, where did you read he can't miss any rehab or therapy meetings? Could you post a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    I'm waiting for him to tweet I heard tings. Who was they about ? Minds and minds wife and heard tings.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Who says its guaranteed? Moreover, where did you read he can't miss any rehab or therapy meetings? Could you post a link?
    Dont have the link i think it was on the post gazette where it did say he would have to attend meetings throughout the season...that was why he was delayed in getting reinstated because he had to provide a "recovery" or continued care plan. I dont remember what they actually called it but it did state he would have to have those sessions throughout the season...i put the "any" in myself because lets be real here if he does miss a session do you not think for a moment that goodell wouldnt suspend him again indefinitely???

Dont have the link i think it was on the post gazette where it did say he would have to attend meetings throughout the season...that was why he was delayed in getting reinstated because he had to provide a "recovery" or continued care plan. I dont remember what they actually called it but it did state he would have to have those sessions throughout the season...i put the "any" in myself because lets be real here if he does miss a session do you not think for a moment that goodell wouldnt suspend him again indefinitely???

I don't. At least, not for one. However, thanks for explaining it. I actually really like this accountability that's been set up by Goodell/league. It is perhaps the first time I've actually seen something done by the league that is truly beneficial for the players—even if the players do not always like it.