Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bryant has been reinstated

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Bryant has been reinstated

1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Jeremiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson 6. Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Bryant has been reinstated

WooHoo!

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

It's about friggin' time

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Glad this got done before the draft.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Jeremiah Trotter, ILB, Clemson 6. Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Shit. Now im considering whether or not i should change my mock draft for the forum challenge .

In all seriousness, its been a good day, even if it was expected. Heres to what will hopefully be a bombs away offense!
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

And Bryant apparently got a plan in place and sent it in to the commish quick enough for him to look at and approve in less than 2 weeks which is a good sign

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Steelers still brought in too many WRs on official visits to throw the position out as a draft pick. I think it can be moved down the priority list a bit now, but still on the list. Remember, he's just one more fail away from a possible life ban.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

He's FREEEEEEEEEE!!! Now let's hope he stays that way!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

About damn time!!!!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Now stay clean and get #7.

Business is boomin'.....

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by st33lersguy View Post
    And Bryant apparently got a plan in place and sent it in to the commish quick enough for him to look at and approve in less than 2 weeks which is a good sign
    The "plan" appears to be more Goodell posturing

As far as "plans" go Mike Tyson said it best

Hoping for the best for Bryant but not expecting it - wait until it turns out his new and improved physique is tied to training with the Pirates' Sterling Marte

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Glad this got done before the draft.

this this 1000 times this

IMO the WR room just got far more talented and way more crowded ..... we normally only keep 5

Brown
    Bryant
    Coates
    Hunter
    Rogers

leaving the following fighting for the team to sacrifice 1 more roster spot than the normal to give them a job , IMO that will have to be earned as a ST ace 11 guys vying for 5 -6 jobs at max so no draft pick at WR this year

Ayers
    Hamilton
    DHB
    Stewart
    Severin
    Tucker

Senior Member Array title="awe1028 will become famous soon enough">

Thank goodness. Now Pittsburgh has no need to waste an early pick on a WR

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

if anyone on here still wants a receiver more than they want a tight end in the draft. i will fight you
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post

IMO the WR room just got far more talented and way more crowded ..... we normally only keep 5

Brown
    Bryant
    Coates
    Hunter
    Rogers

leaving the following fighting for the team to sacrifice 1 more roster spot than the normal to give them a job , IMO that will have to be earned as a ST ace 11 guys vying for 5 -6 jobs at max so no draft pick at WR this year

Ayers
    Hamilton
    DHB
    Stewart
    Severin
    Tucker
    I don't know there is room for a draft pick. Hunter and Rogers are talented but replaceable. Hamilton, Stewart, Tucker are just "guys". Ayers is as replaceable as Rogers. DHB is a two trick pony at this point - others might do those same tricks better. Severin is a dart throw. They may want to throw more than one dart.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    if anyone on here still wants a receiver more than they want a tight end in the draft. i will fight you

Stop being so confrontational!

I'll end you with my samurai-ninja-brain-liquefying strike!

If O.J. Howard ever fell to #30, I don't know that they could pass on that. I don't think there's any chance that will happen. I think he's going to go very high.

After that, I really think that they would be looking for a complete TE that is a strong blocker. Kittle makes a ton of sense later. I know that all of the tight ends are in play, but I find it hard to believe they would draft another tight end that isn't a strong blocker.

I literally have no idea what they're going to do with the first pick. With all the chaos of the last few days....diluted samples and rape charges.....and whatever else happens.....who knows which players will fall. I'm not discounting anything at this point.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post

Brown
    Bryant
    Coates
    Hunter
    Rogers

Ayers
    Hamilton
    DHB
    Stewart
    Severin
    Tucker
    My gut feeling, I think Ayers will be a dark horse. DHB will get consideration for special teams but he is getting older and injury prone

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Finally! Welcome back Marty! Now, show us what we've been missing.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Brown
    Bryant
    Rogers

Are the only sure things IMO. The rest you can take or leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Good news for Bryant, his family & the team. I still think the Steelers take a TE & WR, hopefully Kittle in R3 or R4 and a WR in R6 or R7

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post

Finally!

Welcome back Marty!

Now, show us what we've been missing.
    Bryant could be the key to our future...

Can't wait to see him McFlying down the field.

"With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I don't know there is room for a draft pick. Hunter and Rogers are talented but replaceable. Hamilton, Stewart, Tucker are just "guys". Ayers is as replaceable as Rogers. DHB is a two trick pony at this point - others might do those same tricks better. Severin is a dart throw. They may want to throw more than one dart.
    Define replaceable. Because Rogers had a great rookie campaign. He was more productive, than Manny Sanders and Antonio Brown were combined in their rookie seasons. Surely you were as excited as most about their potential after their rookie campaigns?

Eli Rogers rookie season:48 receptions, 594 receiving yards, 3 receiving TD's (played 13 games)
    Manny Sanders + Antonio Brown rookie season: 44 receptions, 543 receiving yards, 2 receiving TD's (played 21 combined games)

Still only 24 years old. I can understand no confidence votes on all of our receivers not named Antonio Brown except for the ones on Eli Rogers. Everything is looking up for him

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Define replaceable. Because Rogers had a great rookie campaign. He was more productive, than Manny Sanders and Antonio Brown were combined in their rookie seasons. Surely you were as excited as most about their potential after their rookie campaigns?

Eli Rogers rookie season:48 receptions, 594 receiving yards, 3 receiving TD's (played 13 games)
    Manny Sanders + Antonio Brown rookie season: 44 receptions, 543 receiving yards, 2 receiving TD's (played 21 combined games)

Still only 24 years old. I can understand no confidence votes on all of our receivers not named Antonio Brown except for the ones on Eli Rogers. Everything is looking up for him

one could say the same for Coates pre injury , the kid had most saying oh well about Bryant after 4-5 weeks of play ...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Since day one AB was electric with the ball in his hands. Sanders, while less so, was also pretty good. Rogers is not - http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/04...me-ball-hands/

Look I think Rogers is a pretty good slot WR, but I can see a draft pick accidentally taking his job. Like the Steelers were not intentionally replacing him, but just can't keep New Guy off the field.

Since day one AB was electric with the ball in his hands. Sanders, while less so, was also pretty good. Rogers is not - http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/04...me-ball-hands/

Look I think Rogers is a pretty good slot WR, but I can see a draft pick accidentally taking his job. Like the Steelers were not intentionally replacing him, but just can't keep New Guy off the field.
    that guy may already be on the roster , in Ayers

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

It's a good problem to have.......

I think it is quite unlikely, however, that a draft pick would accidentally take his job. While Rogers hasn't been electric with the ball in his hands, he has been pretty dang stable. He does exactly what we want a third receiver to do. Catch the ball for a few yards whenever we need him to. The type of receivers I think you're talking about are the type that would challenge for the first or second spot, and then disappear for the best salary asap if they can't get it here (which they won't as long as AB and Bryant are on the field). I'd rather stick with a guy like Rogers who comes in and does the job well day in and day out.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Watch: Martavis Bryant Runs A 4.27 40

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/04...-runs-4-27-40/

AB
    Bryant (If fully reinstated and stays clean)
    Rogers (Takes Wheaton's spot in the slot)
    Coates (Backs up AB/Bryant)
    DHB (Special Teams/Emergency WR)
    Draft Pick (Is already equivalent of DHB/Can play the role of Coates as a backup/Can replace Coates, and/or Bryant if they still aren't what we drafted them for)

Best case is everything works out great. Worst case is Bryant becomes a 'what could have been' statistic, Coates IS what he was for MOST of the season, Rogers does not take another step forward. Must continue to add options.