Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Draft WARNING

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Draft WARNING

if I am the Steelers I would avoid all kids from the Cleveland area

just seen this !

a rape accusation and the suspect has potential 1st round status , but get this he will not be asked to give a statement or be questioned until AFTER the draft weekend

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/352...y-investigates

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Draft WARNING

Well if its true, I'm sure teams will have ways of finding out who it is. I can't see how they could hold this info back if true.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Marshon Lattimore? Gareon Conley? Any predictions?
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post

clueless , could be anyone from the area originally , could be anyone who went to school in Ohio ....

YSU is only an hour from Cleveland
    OSU about 3 hours +- ....

could be anyone ... provided this report is even true but sure will make you leery spending a high round pick on anyone that you figure MIGHT be involved

as a side note throwing a dart at the wall Mitch Trubisky is from the Cleveland area

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

‪Cleveland is such a dumpster fire that they are now ruining players' careers BEFORE they get drafted. ‬

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    ‪Cleveland is such a dumpster fire that they are now ruining players' careers BEFORE they get drafted. ‬
    Dumpster fire?? They are far from a dumpster fire my friend. The Browns are a 6-Alarm Junkyard Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Dumpster fire?? They are far from a dumpster fire my friend. The Browns are a 6-Alarm Junkyard Fire.
    They are Lindsey Lohan piloting a United flight towards PepsiCo.

LEEEROY JENNNKIIIIINS!!!!!!!

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Thanks, I just spit my drink all over my keyboard!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    clueless , could be anyone from the area originally , could be anyone who went to school in Ohio ....

YSU is only an hour from Cleveland
    OSU about 3 hours +- ....

could be anyone ... provided this report is even true but sure will make you leery spending a high round pick on anyone that you figure MIGHT be involved
    Yep - covers anyone who the Browns might have invited for a pre-draft interview

For once I agree with Florio at PFT

If the unnamed player in this case isn’t cleared before Thursday night, he could tumble even if he’s not guilty

This makes it incumbent on every agent of every player who isn’t the subject of the investigation to say clearly and loudly and in no uncertain terms that their guy isn’t the guy who is facing this investigation. As to agent who represents a player who was in or around Cleveland on April 9, the date of the alleged incident, there should be a shouting of the player’s non-involvement even more loudly, along with a demand that WOIO disclose the accused player’s name ASAP. With a small, defined universe of players who may be the player facing the accusation, failure to identify the player indirectly defames the other players who it could be, but who it isn’t.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-in-cleveland/

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Another draft day instagram post, perhaps?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Lol

Shouldn't the agents for every player except the accused be screaming and hollering? I think I'd want my guys name brought forward as "innocent" or not involved,

I guess if its not going to be released the only safe thing to do with your draft is avoid anyone who visited the Browns from the 7th -10th and any player who lives within 100 miles of Cleveland to be sure you do not spend a 1st round pick on a guy who could be in jail when the season starts

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

I guess if its not going to be released the only safe thing to do with your draft is avoid anyone who visited the Browns from the 7th -10th and any player who lives within 100 miles of Cleveland to be sure you do not spend a 1st round pick on a guy who could be in jail when the season starts
    I think it was Gareon Conley. I'm sure I butchered his name, but that's the info I saw from Clorox Report.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    I think it was Gareon Conley. I'm sure I butchered his name, but that's the info I saw from Clorox Report.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

http://thespun.com/football/report-g...d-of-nfl-draft

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Little-known fact: The city of Cleveland was named after General Moses Cleaveland, and was spelled the same way as his last name, until the "a" was dropped to fit into a newspaper column at some point in the 1800s.

Prior to that, the city was known as "Rapetown."
    See you Space Cowboy ...

a rape kit was used at the hospital , one would think in this day and age with so much on the line they could process a DNA test and get results in time to save his draft stock or move forward with an indictment since she claims he raped her , he says he never touched her ...

should be cut and dry if his DNA is in the rape kit

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Little-known fact: The city of Cleveland was named after General Moses Cleaveland, and was spelled the same way as his last name, until the "a" was dropped to fit into a newspaper column at some point in the 1800s.

Prior to that, the city was known as "Rapetown."
    I thought Cleveland was named after the cleavage of your butt cheeks.

As a follow to say yes, it was him . . .

Gareon Conley, Ohio State: Conley's slide down the draft board is a distinct possibility, as police confirmed to NFL.com that he's being investigated after being accused of rape. Conley has not been charged or arrested in connection to the alleged incident, and investigators are in the process of scheduling an interview with him, per Cleveland Police Dept. spokeswoman Jennifer Ciaccia. Unless there is a sudden resolution in Conley's favor, his draft stock could free-fall.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...2017-nfl-draft

Senior Member Array title="Drazo85 has a reputation beyond repute"> Drazo85's Avatar
    Tetris Champion! Jungle Fruit Champion!

Lael Colins a few years ago (maybe last year, I'm not sure). Was under investigation for murder if I remember correctly , never charged, never arrested but also never drafted. Maybe this is a similar thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazo85 View Post
    Lael Colins a few years ago (maybe last year, I'm not sure). Was under investigation for murder if I remember correctly , never charged, never arrested but also never drafted. Maybe this is a similar thing.

the Collins case was a lot more clear than this one , everybody knew he did not do it he was several states away when it happened and could prove his whereabouts , he didnt get drafted but his agent told teams if they took him after round 3 he would not sign so nobody spent a pick on him ...

this is a lot more cloudy they where in the same room and we have a he said she said case with a rape kit involved ... that rape kit holds the key now its a matter of technology and reporting of the results it can free him or potentially convict him ..

if it is like he claims that he " never touched her" he should be pushing HARD for quick testing and fast reporting of the findings after all it is the million(s) of dollars solution for him HUGE money difference between mid first round and anything after 32

but instead they are trying to arrange a meeting with authorities after the draft that part to me makes no sense I would want to submit dna asap if I knew I was innocent to try and clear my name prior to the draft if at all possible ... but I am clueless to time frames if they really put a rush on it

Perry ?? your a cop aren't you ? what is your take on that part

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

the Collins case was a lot more clear than this one , everybody knew he did not do it he was several states away when it happened and could prove his whereabouts , he didnt get drafted but his agent told teams if they took him after round 3 he would not sign so nobody spent a pick on him ...
    why is that? i dont understand the point
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

why is that? i dont understand the point
    knowing the money after round 3 is so much less , picking destination to some degree was more important

he got a 3 year deal instead of the standard 4 year deal and his contract was fully guaranteed ...

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    As a follow to say yes, it was him . . .

Gareon Conley, Ohio State: Conley's slide down the draft board is a distinct possibility, as police confirmed to NFL.com that he's being investigated after being accused of rape. Conley has not been charged or arrested in connection to the alleged incident, and investigators are in the process of scheduling an interview with him, per Cleveland Police Dept. spokeswoman Jennifer Ciaccia. Unless there is a sudden resolution in Conley's favor, his draft stock could free-fall.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...2017-nfl-draft
    He will probably drop and be picked by the Pats

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

The problem is that this takes a Corner off of our board. Whoever was going to take him is now going to take the next corner on their board and the domino effect gets to us at 30.