Thread: My dream scenario for the 2017 Pittsburgh Steelers!

Senior Member Array title="StillCurtains is a name known to all">

My dream scenario for the 2017 Pittsburgh Steelers!

Hello Guys!

I'm sure you are all thinking that the scenario should be rather obvious right?
    2017 Superbowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers!

Well you would all be right as this is the scenario that we all want.
    Don't get me wrong, I would be willing to take any route that would result in the Steelers winning their 7th Lombardi this season. However, for me, doing this without going through New England would leave a void for me. It would be somewhat unfulfilled.

I know that New England is significantly better than us as of now. I know our coaching staff looks like they have half a brain in gameplaning and in game adjustments against them. I know that we have personnel issues in matching up against them. I know we need a home run draft this year as well as our coaches learning to have a clue against them.

We all know the needs when it comes to this issue with the Patriots because it has been discussed in hundreds of threads. However, this is my dream scenario.
    My dream would be to win a tightly contested and competitive matchup against them in week 15 with the score being around the range of 23-17. This could actually sharpen the Steelers for a later post-season matchup against them.

Next would be another meeting against them in the AFC Championship game. I could care less whether this would be in Pittsburgh or New England. Although I would be happy with a 1 point victory here, I need more! Mind you that I am speaking of my dream scenario. I want a drubbing! I want numbers for Brady to look like: 23/51, 231 yds, 0TD's, 4int's, 1 pic 6, 16 pressures, 7 sacks in a 45-9 spanking en route to beating Green Bay in SB LII. I know we play Green Bay this season, but meeting and beating them in SB LII is more ideal for me. We owe them one too!

To put icing on things, Tom Brady holds a press conference in the offseason announcing his retirement from the NFL. While asked why he came to this conclusion he states: The last 2 meetings vs the Steelers; particularly the AFCCG was the most brutal and physical punishment that he has experienced his entire career. He later states that due to his advanced age that there is no way he would be able to sustain that type of punishment, nor would he ever look forward to it again.

I know...Lol!!! It's a bit much, but one can dream!

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: My dream scenario for the 2017 Pittsburgh Steelers!

My dream scenario is that tomorrow we find out Tom Brady is a sex offender as well as an ISIS member and the real gunman in the Aaron Hernandez murders and arranged his "suicide" in jail. Then the Patriots go 0-16 for however many years it takes for people to get bored and they move the team to Mexico City. Or better yet, Tijuana, where it meets a sketchy end due to an overdose in an alley behind a whorehouse.

Oh yeah, and we win the Super Bowl and nobody remembers we didn't go through New England.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    My dream scenario is that tomorrow we find out Tom Brady is a sex offender as well as an ISIS member and the real gunman in the Aaron Hernandez murders and arranged his "suicide" in jail. Then the Patriots go 0-16 for however many years it takes for people to get bored and they move the team to Mexico City. Or better yet, Tijuana, where it meets a sketchy end due to an overdose in an alley behind a whorehouse.

Oh yeah, and we win the Super Bowl and nobody remembers we didn't go through New England.
    /thread

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post

I'm in on this...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

I don't understand why everyone gets caught up in who the Steelers beat to get to a super bowl.

Who gives a flying f@%k who they play? Just win.....period. Who's in front of you doesn't matter.

The years the Steelers won the super bowl and didn't face the Patriots, the Steelers were the better team and did what was required to win by beating the teams that earned their way to get to that position.

The years that the Patriots won the super bowls, they were the best team and beat whoever was in front of them that earned their way into that position.

If the Steelers make the playoffs and get to face the Patriots, I hope they destroy them and a victory would certainly be sweet. But if they lose the next game, was the season made by beating the Pats? Of course not. As always, the goal remains winning the super bowl.....period.

Should the Patriots give back their super bowl trophies in years they didn't beat the Ravens or the Giants?

All this talk about the Steelers not earning it if they didn't go through the Pats is complete bullshit. You have to beat whoever is in front of you. If the Patriots won, they accomplished that goal. If the Steelers won, they accomplished that goal.

The Patriots envy around here really pisses me off.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I don't understand why everyone gets caught up in who the Steelers beat to get to a super bowl.

Who gives a flying f@%k who they play? Just win.....period. Who's in front of you doesn't matter.
    Right on! I hope the Patriots don't even make the playoffs. Who cares if we beat them. I want the Super Bowl.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

The years the Steelers won the super bowl and didn't face the Patriots, the Steelers were the better team and did what was required to win by beating the teams that earned their way to get to that position.

The years that the Patriots won the super bowls, they were the best team and beat whoever was in front of them that earned their way into that position.

If the Steelers make the playoffs and get to face the Patriots, I hope they destroy them and a victory would certainly be sweet. But if they lose the next game, was the season made by beating the Pats? Of course not. As always, the goal remains winning the super bowl.....period.

Should the Patriots give back their super bowl trophies in years they didn't beat the Ravens or the Giants?

All this talk about the Steelers not earning it if they didn't go through the Pats is complete bullshit. You have to beat whoever is in front of you. If the Patriots won, they accomplished that goal. If the Steelers won, they accomplished that goal.

Right on. Just cause the Steelers didn't go through New England, doesn't mean their Super Bowl wins are null and void, not even close!

Do some of you even bother to read the WHOLE post?

I NEVER said that the Steelers winning the Superbowl without beating the Patriots is not earned!
    Did I not say in my post that I would take ANY route for the Steelers winning the Superbowl? The answer is: Yes, I did!

The issue with some of you is that you get so ready to respond negatively that you disregard that the very thing that you're complaining about I already covered in the post.
    Mind you this post is about MY dream scenario and not yours or anyone else.
    If you don't agree with it that's fine. Whatever YOUR dream scenario is you can feel free to share it and that's your business.

As I already stated in my post I would take ANY route for the Steelers to win the Superbowl. What I basically pointed out in this post is that for ME, going through the Patriots would make it that much sweeter.

So let me tell you ALL the truth: Anyone here that wants to perpetrate as if they DO NOT want to put down New England en route to our 7th Lombardi, I am well prepared to call every last one of you a liar!

I know you all as well as myself will take the 7th Lombardi any way we can get it. However, dare to tell me that beating New England wouldn't be much sweeter than any other way. Go ahead and lie to me. I'm waiting for your response in 3, 2, 1...... Go!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StillCurtains View Post

I NEVER said that the Steelers winning the Superbowl without beating the Patriots is not earned!
    Did I not say in my post that I would take ANY route for the Steelers winning the Superbowl? The answer is: Yes, I did!

The issue with some of you is that you get so ready to respond negatively that you disregard that the very thing that you're complaining about I already covered in the post.
    If you don't agree with it that's fine. Whatever YOUR dream scenario is you can feel free to share it and that's your business.

As I already stated in my post I would take ANY route for the Steelers to win the Superbowl. What I basically pointed out in this post is that for ME, going through the Patriots would make it that much sweeter.

So let me tell you ALL the truth: Anyone here that wants to perpetrate as if they DO NOT want to put down New England en route to our 7th Lombardi, I am well prepared to call every last one of you a liar!

I know you all as well as myself will take the 7th Lombardi any way we can get it. However, dare to tell me that beating New England wouldn't be much sweeter than any other way. Go ahead and lie to me. I'm waiting for your response in 3, 2, 1...... Go!
    Playing/Beating the Patriots plays absolutely no role/has zero motivation in my 'dream' of a 7th Lombardi. Every season my goals are the exact same. #1 win the division. #2 home field throughout the playoffs, and #3 hoist the trophy in the end. The path makes no difference in any way.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

They will have no choice because if the steelers go to the super bowl, very likely they will have to beat the pats in the playoffs.The Pats have been in the AFC title game in the last 6 years ...

But of course, an Super Bowl is an Super Bowl, no matter the way and the goal is to beat the opponent each week

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

My post wasn't trying to bash you directly. If I was speaking to you, I would have quoted your post.

There's nothing wrong with you telling us what your dream scenario is. That's what the thread is about. That's not what I was talking about.

You may not know this, but there have been posts at this message board that try to devalue Steelers super bowl wins because they didn't have to beat the Patriots to get there. Some very recently. I am commenting on the Patriot obsession that many Steelers fans spew all over this board.

In case you can't tell the difference....it's the people that moan and groan about the Patriots all the time that are being negative...not the other way around.

In your response you say that you are prepared to call all of us liars that say we don't care if we play the Patriots or not. So who's not reading posts, putting words in people's mouths, and calling everyone liars? Answer: That would be you.

As I said in my post that you apparently didn't read....I would love to destroy the Patriots in the playoffs, but I truly don't need it or wish it to happen. I've played sports my entire life and have been in plenty of locker rooms. Sure, there's a part of everyone that would love to stick it to New England if the matchup happened....but only if the matchup happened because they earned it. I'm not going to wish for it or be pulling for them to win games. Screw them. When you play to win, you don't care who's next once the tournament starts. Just be the last survivor standing on the bodies of those you came up against and conquered.

Seeing those assholes miss the playoffs while we raise the Lombardi would be just as sweet to those of us that only care about winning. That's what you seem to be missing.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I just want the Lombardi to be hoisted every year by the Steelers , how it all happens is immaterial to me ..

is my wish realistic , no but it should be the teams goal every year and anything less is a failed season , some failures are bigger than others but without the Lombardi hoisted and taking residence in Pittsburgh it is a failure none the less

beating team x, y or z to make it happen is just icing on the cake

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    I just want the Lombardi to be hoisted every year by the Steelers , how it all happens is immaterial to me ..

is my wish realistic , no but it should be the teams goal every year and anything less is a failed season , some failures are bigger than others but without the Lombardi hoisted and taking residence in Pittsburgh it is a failure none the less

beating team x, y or z to make it happen is just icing on the cake

The season can be a success even if you don't win the super bowl.I've never been in a super bowl or bust mentality, since I understand that winning the super bowl is very hard and it takes luck sometimes, but all I ask is if the steelers are to lose,I don't want it to be an embarrassing lost and I don't want it to be against a weak team.I also don't want to have a collapse like the Falcons in the last super bowl.

I can live with a lost like in 2015 in Denver or even a lost as in 2010 against the Packers.But a lost as in 2011 and 2016 is harder to take because it was embarrassing.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    The season can be a success even if you don't win the super bowl.I've never been in a super bowl or bust mentality, since I understand that winning the super bowl is very hard and it takes luck sometimes, but all I ask is if the steelers are to lose,I don't want it to be an embarrassing lost and I don't want it to be against a weak team.I also don't want to have a collapse like the Falcons in the last super bowl.

I can live with a lost like in 2015 in Denver or even a lost as in 2010 against the Packers.But a lost as in 2011 and 2016 is harder to take because it was embarrassing.

we just look at it differently ...

I believe if your goal is to win the SB ( and that should be every teams goal ) and you do not , then you failed to attain your goal ..

there are however different levels of failure ( and then there is the Browns level of failure which is a whole other level upon itself )

but I get what you are saying and many feel that way

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Here's an analogy:

Winning the SuperBowl is like getting a free trip to The Bahamas.

Beating the Taperiots is like finding a $100 bill on the beach during that trip.

Tom Brady overdosing in a whorehouse is like using that $100 to tip the bellhop get the cabana closest to the bar.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Here's an analogy:

Beating the Taperiots is like finding a $100 bill on the beach during that trip.

Tom Brady overdosing in a whorehouse is like using that $100 to tip the bellhop get the cabana closest to the bar.

That's close, but I would say:

Winning the Super Bowl is like winning a free trip to the Bahamas.

Beating the Patriots is like finding $100 on the beach during your trip to the Bahamas.

Tom Brady overdosing behind a whorehouse is like finding out Tom Brady overdosed behind a whorehouse during your trip to the Bahamas.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Here's an analogy:

Lol! You guys are crazy!

My post wasn't trying to bash you directly. If I was speaking to you, I would have quoted your post.

There's nothing wrong with you telling us what your dream scenario is. That's what the thread is about. That's not what I was talking about.

You may not know this, but there have been posts at this message board that try to devalue Steelers super bowl wins because they didn't have to beat the Patriots to get there. Some very recently. I am commenting on the Patriot obsession that many Steelers fans spew all over this board.

In case you can't tell the difference....it's the people that moan and groan about the Patriots all the time that are being negative...not the other way around.

In your response you say that you are prepared to call all of us liars that say we don't care if we play the Patriots or not. So who's not reading posts, putting words in people's mouths, and calling everyone liars? Answer: That would be you.

As I said in my post that you apparently didn't read....I would love to destroy the Patriots in the playoffs, but I truly don't need it or wish it to happen. I've played sports my entire life and have been in plenty of locker rooms. Sure, there's a part of everyone that would love to stick it to New England if the matchup happened....but only if the matchup happened because they earned it. I'm not going to wish for it or be pulling for them to win games. Screw them. When you play to win, you don't care who's next once the tournament starts. Just be the last survivor standing on the bodies of those you came up against and conquered.

Seeing those assholes miss the playoffs while we raise the Lombardi would be just as sweet to those of us that only care about winning. That's what you seem to be missing.

So exactly what words did I put in anyone's mouth?
    Also as I said, anyone here would take a Superbowl no matter what the course may be.
    There are some of you that are in denial in regards to what I am saying.

You seem to insinuate that I am saying win a Superbowl by beating the Patriots or be a fluke while winning one by not going through them. That's ridiculous and that's not what I'm implying at all.

The Patriots cheated the Steelers at the very least in the 2001 season AFCCG. The fact that we have lost to them 2 more times after that in AFCCG's adds to the ire. This is where my urge for payback comes. If it doesn't happen that way and we win it without going that route than that's great.

The question I ask all of you is this: Which scenario would be sweeter for you; winning the Superbowl in another scenario or winning the Superbowl while trodding through the Patriots? That's what I'm getting at. I'm positive that 100% of you here would chose the latter and that means you feel the same way I do.

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

I don't give a damn who the Steelers play en route to a SB win.

1 observation I will make, Steelers Nation has become obsessed with getting even with the Patriots, rather than treating them like an obstacle like all other teams. While revenge is a good motivator, it does not trump sound game planning followed up with solid execution. Coaching staff has to get the team ready to play every game, regardless of who the opponent is. Players have to execute, regardless of the opponents.

The question I ask all of you is this: Which scenario would be sweeter for you; winning the Superbowl in another scenario or winning the Superbowl while trodding through the Patriots? That's what I'm getting at. I'm positive that 100% of you here would chose the latter and that means you feel the same way I do.
    I would choose the other way. I don't want the Patriots to even make the playoffs, or for there to be anything positive to cheer about for that miserable franchise.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Count Steeler View Post
    I don't give a damn who the Steelers play en route to a SB win.

1 observation I will make, Steelers Nation has become obsessed with getting even with the Patriots, rather than treating them like an obstacle like all other teams. While revenge is a good motivator, it does not trump sound game planning followed up with solid execution. Coaching staff has to get the team ready to play every game, regardless of who the opponent is. Players have to execute, regardless of the opponents.
    I'd call it a general obsession with the Patriots to the point where matching/topping the Patriots has become the standard some judge the team by such as discrediting the job Tomlin did this season and how far he took an inexperienced team riddled without key players, and questioning Tomlin's abilities in general based purely on the loss to the Patriots in the AFC Championship game or complaining about the Steelers sticking to their normal approach to free agency because they weren't adding bigger name players and the Patriots were

So exactly what words did I put in anyone's mouth?
    Also as I said, anyone here would take a Superbowl no matter what the course may be.
    There are some of you that are in denial in regards to what I am saying.

You seem to insinuate that I am saying win a Superbowl by beating the Patriots or be a fluke while winning one by not going through them. That's ridiculous and that's not what I'm implying at all.

The Patriots cheated the Steelers at the very least in the 2001 season AFCCG. The fact that we have lost to them 2 more times after that in AFCCG's adds to the ire. This is where my urge for payback comes. If it doesn't happen that way and we win it without going that route than that's great.

Look, I'm really not trying to make this a pissing contest....I'm really not. But I'm going to address your post.

What words did you put in anyone's mouth????????? Here is your quote from post #8 above:

"So let me tell you ALL the truth: Anyone here that wants to perpetrate as if they DO NOT want to put down New England en route to our 7th Lombardi, I am well prepared to call every last one of you a liar!"

That's the definition of putting words in people's mouths. You really need to have that explained to you?

My second point is that I didn't accuse you of trying to diminish the Steelers championship if they don't go through the Patriots or implying it in any way. Please read my initial response to you in post #11. The whole point of my post was to vent about the people at this message board that have said exactly that....I was not referring to you, and I said so in my post.

I really don't understand how you are missing these points when I have answered them directly in my previous posts.

Senior Member Array title="Steelheart is a jewel in the rough"> Steelheart's Avatar

This takes me back to the 15-1 season where we beat the undefeated Pats and undefeated Eagles back to back in the regular season. We were some menaces but then got beat by the Pats in the playoffs. Didn't feel very good.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

After we beat the Colts and refs in 95 I was like we just won the SB too and no team will stop us now. I wanted to face the Pats then and have revenge. They didn't make it and lost to Denver who we destroyed. Perfect scenario for this year is beating the Pats in the AFCG at Heinz Field, then beating Dallas in the SB. With the said another SB is the main goal and all that matters at the end!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    After we beat the Colts and refs in 95 I was like we just won the SB too and no team will stop us now. I wanted to face the Pats then and have revenge. They didn't make it and lost to Denver who we destroyed. Perfect scenario for this year is beating the Pats in the AFCG at Heinz Field, then beating Dallas in the SB. With the said another SB is the main goal and all that matters at the end!
    I have said before that beating the Packers or the Cowboys in the SB would be sweet revenge, so I understand what's behind the thread. I just really don't care about the Patriots enough to consider it revenge. If this were on the Ravens, then absolutely. If I could knock the Bengals and the Ravens out of the playoffs every season, I would take that in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelheart View Post
    This takes me back to the 15-1 season where we beat the undefeated Pats and undefeated Eagles back to back in the regular season. We were some menaces but then got beat by the Pats in the playoffs. Didn't feel very good.

And this would be why I said beating the Patriots en route to being Superbowl Champions!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue View Post
    Well THANK YOU for explaining to everyone what I've been trying to say!

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

And this would be why I said beating the Patriots en route to being Superbowl Champions!

- - - Updated - - -

Well THANK YOU for explaining to everyone what I've been trying to say!
    You're very welcome but my bad and meant 2005 playoffs and not 95 lol.