Thread: Patrick Mahomes

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

BurghBoy412

Re: Patrick Mahomes

I hope the Jets don't take the kid. I hope the football Gods are kind enough to keep him outta that hell hole.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    I hope the Jets don't take the kid. I hope the football Gods are kind enough to keep him outta that hell hole.
    No way he's going at 6.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    No way he's going at 6.
    Who would you take if drafting at 6 and Trubisky and Mahomes are both sitting there? I don't know if the Jets draft a QB or not, but it's an interesting scenario. Trubisky has been considered by many as the top QB in this draft. However, there seems to be more interest by most in Mahomes, by reading scouting articles. This may be the hardest 1st round to predict in a long time.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Who would you take if drafting at 6 and Trubisky and Mahomes are both sitting there? I don't know if the Jets draft a QB or not, but it's an interesting scenario. Trubisky has been considered by many as the top QB in this draft. However, there seems to be more interest by most in Mahomes, by reading scouting articles. This may be the hardest 1st round to predict in a long time.
    Trubisky is the safer pick IMO, but not worthy of a #6 either. I don't think Mahomes will go higher, but there's more buzz because initially he was thought of as a day 2 pick.

I believe with Ben's announcement that he's definitely returning, the Mahomes/QB seriousness has come to an end. I could see maybe a round 3 or 4 guy like Kaaya(pro day) or Dobbs(visit), or maybe Peterman(visit). But I think the 1st round QB dream is dead now.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Ben committing to 2017 shouldnt change anything , starting a rookie should never be the plan but drafting one a year or two earlier than needed should always be the plan , will it be Mahomes ? who knows but they need to do something sooner rather than later

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Last season was probably the ideal,time to draft Ben's replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I believe with Ben's announcement that he's definitely returning, the Mahomes/QB seriousness has come to an end. I could see maybe a round 3 or 4 guy like Kaaya(pro day) or Dobbs(visit), or maybe Peterman(visit). But I think the 1st round QB dream is dead now.
    A good point was made about the Steelers meeting with Mahomes 3 times. The only player who's had 4 meetings with them is Cam Sutton. If they feel that Mahomes is the heir to Ben's throne, they will draft him if they can. I think him being "hands on" in the QB meeting process is a really good sign. Smells of Montana to Young or Favre to Rogers transitions.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Mahomes in the 5th round sounds good.
    Hater = Realist

BurghBoy412

Mahomes or nobody

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Last season was probably the ideal,time to draft Ben's replacement.
    Who would you have taken at 25? Hackenberg, Brisset, Kessler and Cook were the next four taken and the only ones between 3-100. Would you have moved up from 25 to 2 and taken Wentz? Pretty unlikely. People talk about this year being bad, but last year's crop of QBs was brutal. Who knew that Dak would be a star in the 4th?

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    Ben committing to 2017 shouldnt change anything , starting a rookie should never be the plan but drafting one a year or two earlier than needed should always be the plan , will it be Mahomes ? who knows but they need to do something sooner rather than later
    This is not rare to see a QB to have a very good season as a rookie.We have seen several in recent years and the key for a rookie QB is to be in a very good situation.

We have not seen often a QB being good after sitting for 1-2 years or more in the last 10 years.The only exception is of course Aaron Rodgers ....

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Who would you have taken at 25? Hackenberg, Brisset, Kessler and Cook were the next four taken and the only ones between 3-100. Would you have moved up from 25 to 2 and taken Wentz? Pretty unlikely. People talk about this year being bad, but last year's crop of QBs was brutal. Who knew that Dak would be a star in the 4th?
    I said ideally...you would like a few years learning under Ben before going right to the "new guy". I wouldn't have drafted Wentz...even at 25. I don't think he's that good. The Steelers did however meet with Prescott last year and could've gone after him in the third round...total hindsight, but would've been nice...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    This is not rare to see a QB to have a very good season as a rookie.We have seen several in recent years and the key for a rookie QB is to be in a very good situation.

We have not seen often a QB being good after sitting for 1-2 years or more in the last 10 years.The only exception is of course Aaron Rodgers ....
    Actually quite a few good ones have sat along side Rodgers before starting: Rodgers, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, Alex Smith, Jay Cutler, Carson Palmer. You could probably find just as many who started and did well and started and failed...it really depends on the team and situation IMO. Every case is different.