Thread: Iowa tight end George Kittle wows scouts with eye-popping performance

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Iowa tight end George Kittle wows scouts with eye-popping performance

IOWA CITY, Iowa — One by one, the first wave of tight ends strolled into the interview room at Indianapolis Convention Center.
    Some were quiet, focused or even agitated. Then there’s George Kittle, who instantly greets a pair of reporters who covered him at Iowa.
    One asks, “Are you having a good time?”
    “Ah, excellent,” Kittle said. “This is fun.”
    To those who know him, nobody is more interesting or vibrant than Kittle. He’s positive, energetic and confident. To NFL analysts, Kittle walked into the 2017 NFL Combine as an afterthought, just another late-round prospect. He left Indianapolis as one of the nation’s highest-rising tight ends and sent analysts scurrying through video to make sure his play matched his eye-popping combine numbers.

https://www.landof10.com/iowa/2017-nfl-combine-iowa-tight-end-george-kittle-wows-scouts-historical-performance

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Re: Iowa tight end George Kittle wows scouts with eye-popping performance

I absolutely love this kid. To me, he'll be the closest thing to Heath Miller we could ever find.

BurghBoy412

Hopefully he'll be wearing the same colors in the pro's!!

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

I didn't what to say anything, being the sites Iowa homer, but I think Kittle will make some team very happy. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if it's us.

AML

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

So much TE talent in this draft. We would be fools not to grab one

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    With two third round picks, I wouldn't mind us pairing a third with a fifth and moving up to assure we can get him.
    in a draft this deep? i hope we avoid zeroing in on players when it isnt necessary
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    in a draft this deep? i hope we avoid zeroing in on players when it isnt necessary
    I completely disagree. I would rather have a short list of those players whose skills and abilities we believe will fit our scheme the best, then do what we can to get them. Just waiting for a TE to fall to us means we might be left with glorified wide receivers, blockers with hands like Ike Taylor, or projects that will take the rest of Ben's short career to develop. No thanks.