Thread: Steelers host Free agents, DL Tyson Alualu, CB Coty Sensabaugh, RB Knile Davis

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Steelers host Free agents, DL Tyson Alualu, CB Coty Sensabaugh, RB Knile Davis

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Steelers host Free agents, DL Tyson Alualu, CB Coty Sensabaugh, RB Knile Davis

The CB and the RB = meh

The DL looks intriguing

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Re: Steelers host Free agents, DL Tyson Alualu, CB Coty Sensabaugh, RB Knile Davis

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Knile has experience in kick returns but they will probably put the slowest player on the team back there instead and Danny Smith sucks.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Davis has a career YPC of 3.22. Yuck. I still would like to see DWill return. I know his body is starting to break down, but I think he has one more season in him.

Still, Knile likely didn't cost next to anything and fits a profile - fast, decent hands, and return capable. All things the Steelers like in their back-up RBs.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Davis has a career YPC of 3.22. Yuck. I still would like to see DWill return. I know his body is starting to break down, but I think he has one more season in him.

Still, Knile likely didn't cost next to anything and fits a profile - fast, decent hands, and return capable. All things the Steelers like in their back-up RBs.

I was high on Davis when he came out , thought he was over drafted due to a killer combine and has had questionable ball security as a pro ... great break away speed , his issue is early contact before he gets going , if you can keep him clean he is a burner but he needs 3-4 yards of cleanliness to be effective , with our line that can happen and often does ... may prove to be a good pickup , he falls out of favor with coaching staffs it seems , was the backup in KC then dropped off the depth chart even when he had strong performances is there and underlying attitude ? unreported injuries ? or was it just the ball security ? I do not know the answers

Really hope they come to terms with Alualu. He would be a very good addition for depth.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

here is the point I was making about hte " falling out of favor " after good performances ...

2014 vs Denver 79 yards rushing the next week vs Miami 132 followed up by 107 vs New England ...... about 320 yards in 3 consecutive weeks work combined ... the very next week he has 2 carries with Charles back in the lineup and vs the 49ers and only a little over 50 touches over the next 2.5 years

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Davis looks like a quality signing, good kr option if bonehead puts him back there and the steelers have one of the most stacked olines in the league they can open holes for him

Coty Sensabaugh signed 2 years ..... well we got the 2 bottom feeders of the 3 visits lets see if we can make the trifecta and land the best of the bunch with Tyson Alualu

- - - Updated - - -

Coty will bring depth as a slot CB.

He's also a Clemson Tiger, so I won't complain.

- - - Updated - - -

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

This is the Colbert plan to a T. I'm going to assume Alualu signs. That means the Steelers could play football tomorrow at all position groups if they had to. Not saying that everyone is an all-star or that some of these guys even make it out of camp, but looking across their roster, they are at the depth #'s they usually like at almost all spots. Little light at LB.

Now they can roll BPA or whatever on draft day and not get caught too short in the roster composition.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

who?

- - - Updated - - -

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Blake is with the Giants....

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Coty will bring depth as a slot CB.

He's also a Clemson Tiger, so I won't complain.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really looking for depth...lol. Kinda need a couple starters back there.

The Davis signing is okay. Kinda suspicious that he bounced around so much at the end of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Not really looking for depth...lol. Kinda need a couple starters back there.

The Davis signing is okay. Kinda suspicious that he bounced around so much at the end of last year.
    Burns, Cockrell are fine as the two outside corners. The slot CB will be found in the draft. (But Coty will be fine as a stop gap Imo)

Davis was signed to be a kick returner.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

i have a feeling were going to draft RB earlier than most fans want us too. would be perfectly happy with Marlon Mack in the 3rd even if he could probably be taken later

- - - Updated - - -

anyone got the inside scoop on Coty Sensabaugh?
    Last edited by Psycho Ward 86; 03-20-2017 at 05:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

What is the knock on Davis? He was a workhorse at Arkansas.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Hopefully they won't waste a pick on a RB now.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    Hopefully they won't waste a pick on a RB now.
    Pretty sure they will, Davis will be #3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post

Thank God! And my condolences to the Giants.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post

Best news of the day

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Alualu is having a physical in Pittsburgh today according to Kaboly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

http://www.thescore.com/news/1260341

Alualu signes 2 year deal

the trifecta is complete , brought in 3 yesterday signed 3 ... I like 2 of the 3 and will hope for the best with the CB

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I really like the signing of Alualu. He'll be a great addition to our DL.

I don't really like the signing of Sensabaugh. He was terrible for the Rams last season. I guess that he's good for depth but I don't want to see him on the field.

I'm lukewarm on the Davis signing. He should be a good return guy but I don't think that he really helps us very much at HB. I would rather have had Benny Cunningham. I always liked how he played with the Rams.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    I really like the signing of Alualu. He'll be a great addition to our DL.

I don't really like the signing of Sensabaugh. He was terrible for the Rams last season. I guess that he's good for depth but I don't want to see him on the field.

I'm lukewarm on the Davis signing. He should be a good return guy but I don't think that he really helps us very much at HB. I would rather have had Benny Cunningham. I always liked how he played with the Rams.

The Steelers are going to draft at these position anyway, good to have the backups.