Thread: Why Takk McKinley SHOULD be the pick at 30

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Why Takk McKinley SHOULD be the pick at 30

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Why Takk McKinley SHOULD be the pick at 30

best first step in the draft , speed kills in this league and with a running start his speed , bend and ability to play on the opponents side of the LOS more often than not ..... QBs BEWARE we are coming at you

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

If he can get to the QB I'm for it. LORD, please send us somebody who can hit the QB!!!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Takk has the fastest first step in this draft. What that means in football terms is, he gets off the line FIRST. He moves first, before the OLineman get out of their stance. That is an advantage. THAT, combined with technique, is what makes great OLBs in this league. ALL the greats had that quality.
    In the NFL, everyone is faster than in college. Takk is fast and will get faster. That won't change his advantage. This guys' ceiling is LT. Without the right technique though, his floor is JJ. I'm very happy if he's close to JH.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

He is an enticing prospect. What I like best is his motor and high effort, need that to be successful in the league

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

He reminds me of Jarvis Jones. Poor bend and lack of hand usage. He is reportedly rather raw. That and being out 6 months seems risky for a 1st round selection. I would rather not see him drafted, but if they do I hope he turns out to be a star.
    Hater = Realist