Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dont'a Hightower to vist the Steelers

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Dont'a Hightower to vist the Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Hightower has left the building without a contract.

and 3 offices bugged .... advantage Belicheat

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Was this really a surprise, the last 2 teams he met with stated he wanted to stay in NE. We were not going to offer more than NE. And the road to the SB doesn't necessarily go through NE. We could easily get the 1 seed, if Denver signs Romo, they could also get the 1 seed. Marsha could get injured and their season is over. We could walk into Foxboro with a fully healthy offense next season and win also.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Not a surprise at all. I said it earlier, Belichick sent him out to find a deal better than they were offering and he's not finding it and he will wind up signing in NE for the original deal.

As for going to NE healthy and winning? There's nothing that the Steelers have ever done that would lead anyone to believe that was a realistic possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

No surprise. Asking price likely too high

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Was this really a surprise, the last 2 teams he met with stated he wanted to stay in NE. We were not going to offer more than NE. And the road to the SB doesn't necessarily go through NE. We could easily get the 1 seed, if Denver signs Romo, they could also get the 1 seed. Marsha could get injured and their season is over. We could walk into Foxboro with a fully healthy offense next season and win also.

the ONLY way to go into NE and beat the Brady led Patriots playing a zone oriented defense is to score 40+ yourself ... otherwise you have almost no hope ... ( its a proven fact )

the crazy thing is our coaching staff does not seem to understand this ...

Man and pressure beats the Patriots without it may as well stay home

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

LMAO " don't blink" which one is supposed to be Tomlin / Colbert hmmm

Senior Member Array title="WCSteeler is on a distinguished road">

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    Sadly but true

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

I don't know. The whole statement about the Steelers saying they'll pull their offer if he gets on the plane sounds a little suspect to me. I call bs. Maybe. Lol.

Look, the Jets are a dumpster fire. We'll see if the Titans are much better. He wouldn't have spent the entire day in Pittsburgh if there wasn't any real interest on his part. He is doing his due diligence instead of just just chasing the quick, big dollars.

IMHO, of course.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    I don't know. The whole statement about the Steelers saying they'll pull their offer if he gets on the plane sounds a little suspect to me. I call bs. Maybe. Lol.

Look, the Jets are a dumpster fire. We'll see if the Titans are much better. He wouldn't have spent the entire day in Pittsburgh if there wasn't any real interest on his part. He is doing his due diligence instead of just just chasing the quick, big dollars.

IMHO, of course.

No, what he's doing is shopping for offers that he can take back to the Pats for bargaining on a new contract from them. That's exactly why the Steelers said that if he gets on the plane, the offer is off the table.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Wow! If they can manage the numbers and keep our guys signed, it would be incredible to take the #2 FA off the board. I'm guessing the offer was substantial to give that kind of ultimatum.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Wow! If they can manage the numbers and keep our guys signed, it would be incredible to take the #2 FA off the board. I'm guessing the offer was substantial to give that kind of ultimatum.
    Or to avoid being embarrassed again after the House fiasco (not the failure to sign him but having House sign with the Packers while on his Steelers visit)

Hightower is going nowhere other than back to the Pats unless the Steelers offer has blown through the ceiling of his market value, which is not how the Steelers usually roll in free agency

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

They usually don't even make offers to the top tier. I don't believe they low balled him with an insulting offer.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    They usually don't even make offers to the top tier. I don't believe they low balled him with an insulting offer.
    I do not think it is low ball but if it is market value my bet is he expects the Pats to match it - the initial lowball offer probably came from Belichick - as far as saying the offer is void if Hightower gets on the plane, if Hightower's iPhone is dead he can presumably borrow one to call the Pats or any other team with which he is negotiating with what was offered before getting on the plane

If he was signing with the Steelers my guess is he would not have left without a contract - saying accept it before you get on the plane fits if we still communicated by landline and did not have enough change to call from a pay phone - a real ultimatum would be the offer is void once you leave this office (I have used that line in litigation when I had the leverage and meant it)

BurghBoy412

Did we honestly think he was gonna sign?? He'll be back in New England.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

i saw on NFL.com that Kevin Colbert was supposed to go to Wisconsin's pro day to see TJ Watt or something like that right away but he went late to stay and keep talking to Hightower
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

BurghBoy412

Are all these failed signings a sign of trouble?

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    None what so ever.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

I wouldn't think so. Guys just choosing to stay put or return home. Tomlin is the most loved coach of all NFL players from the last poll I saw. And we are one of the winningest teams of the 2000's.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Maybe Colbert & Tomlin should invest in one of these.

All kidding aside I'm happy they didn't sign Hightower.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

I see that the dipshit Mr. Crash is having a field day with this over on Twitter.

http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

BurghBoy412

Is it confirmed that he's not signing?

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Is it confirmed that he's not signing?
    If he got on the aircraft it is, according to what Colbert said.

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    If he got on the aircraft it is, according to what Colbert said.
    Its still up in the air then.lol

Its still up in the air then.lol

Senior Member Array title="WCSteeler is on a distinguished road">

Its not good, the Steelers are relying solely on the draft class to make themselves better. As of now Vince Williams replaces Timmons and Jarvis Jones was awful but at least he provided some depth and somewhat knew the system. It's gotta be somewhat concerning that the Steelers have limited visits and House signs with Green Bay while still in Pittsburgh and Hightower walked away from what seems to be a legitimate SB Contender.

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by WCSteeler View Post
    Its not good, the Steelers are relying solely on the draft class to make themselves better. As of now Vince Williams replaces Timmons and Jarvis Jones was awful but at least he provided some depth and somewhat knew the system. It's gotta be somewhat concerning that the Steelers have limited visits and House signs with Green Bay while still in Pittsburgh and Hightower walked away from what seems to be a legitimate SB Contender.
    I was thinking along those lines exactly. They seem to be a few players away from a Championship and everyone is walking. I dunno but it a head scrathcer

BurghBoy412

Is it Ben? None of them want to play with Ben, huh?