Thread: Steelers to host free agent cornerback Davon house

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Steelers to host free agent cornerback Davon house

1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Steelers to host free agent cornerback Davon house

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Looks like he thought he had help over the top from the safety.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Looks like he thought he had help over the top from the safety.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    That and the play design sold the run fake. Bryant and House engaged like they were going to be dealing with an outside run. Then Bryant basically punched him in the throat, rocked House back on his heels, and it was all over but the crying. I think that is why House is screaming for a flag at the end of the play.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

To be fair, when Bryant is on the field he can beat almost any corner in the league like that.

Man I hope he stays clean.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    im actually pretty impressed House was able to stay on his feet and basically not break stride
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    That and the play design sold the run fake. Bryant and House engaged like they were going to be dealing with an outside run. Then Bryant basically punched him in the throat, rocked House back on his heels, and it was all over but the crying. I think that is why House is screaming for a flag at the end of the play
    Agreed, good clean football. House got called for holding on that play.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Agreed, good clean football. House got called for holding on that play.
    I can only imagine what House must have been thinking after that play. First off, how is that penalty on me?! Second, who the actual hell is this #10 kid?

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

I can only imagine what House must have been thinking after that play. First off, how is that penalty on me?! Second, who the actual hell is this #10 kid?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Is he worth signing? I honestly have no idea who he is. And I've been looking at FA CBs this offseason.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Davon House has signed a 1 year deal with the Packers, while he was at the Steelers facility.

lol

Signed a 1 year deal, worth $3.5M.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Davon House has signed a 1 year deal with the Packers, while he was at the Steelers facility.

lol

Signed a 1 year deal, worth $3.5M.
    Day late and a dollar short. Since we are largely absent from the FA process, I'm not sure we understand how this new thing works.

House was not worth 3.5M. And no way the Steelers were going to give him that.

Senior Member Array title="Method28 is a name known to all">

He signed while inside the Steelers facility? Wow, straight disrespectful. Throw him into the street lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

i didnt even realize that was a thing you could do

Alterraun Verner and Darrelle Revis remain at large with no big market to speak of. Should we consider it?

Went back to the team he never wanted to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lmfao so this is a thing...

Went back to the team he never wanted to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great, he gets to go against Bryant this season!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    lmfao so this is a thing...

Didn't Tomlin call Ryan Clark at the last minute right before Clark was about to become a Dolphin for his final Steeler contract? It was something similar but I don't remember the exact timing.

If you want to play man coverages, Cockerell and Gay need upgraded. Everyone freaks out about how Cockrell shadowed AJ Green. Okay - but he had a TON of safety help and the Bungles had no other weapons that scared anyone.

Plus Cockrell is so contact adverse, he is not a guy you want pressing and jamming at the line.

Current Press Man DBs on the roster: Artie Burns. That's it.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Between that tweet and Cockrell getting a minimal tender offer it says to me the coaches are really down on Cockrell. That presumably is based on more than the AFC championship game fiasco - Steelers statistically played better defense the second half of the season but I know in the Christmas Day game Ravens receivers were open - Cockrell might look bad when game video has been broken down

Hard to believe this was the solution at outside CB

House, 27, started all 16 games in 2015 for Jacksonville and led the team with four interceptions while setting a single-season franchise record with 23 pass breakups. He lost his starting job last season after the first four weeks then played mainly on special teams with minimal snaps on defense.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...nville-jaguars

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

tells me they would prefer to not spend a high pick at CB again this year and they are trying to avoid doing so ...

Inside /slot corners come cheaper in the draft ... a lot of smaller guys that can play inside and a select few big guys that can play at a high level outside ...supply and demand

probably 3x as many slot corners available ( with a draftable grade ) and every team starts basically 1 .... every teams needs 2 starting outside corners ....

3xs as many and half as much demand

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

I don't know if I would call Cockrell "ascending". I think that we've pretty much seen what he is.

I think that the team is still banking on Golson playing this year and him being the answer for the inside/slot.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert