Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ***The OFFICIAL Draft TJ Watt thread***

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Re: ***The OFFICIAL Draft TJ Watt thread***

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Noted.

In the future, if I ever need to sway you, I'll bust out the vanilla ice cream, hot wings, and brunettes.
    Heck yea the things make life worth living!

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Honestly, I am going to be happy with our #1 if it is Taco, Makk, Watt or any other of the edge rushers that make an impact this first season. I would like Makk, but will be more than happy with Watt. I think the edge drops off more than CB in the second, so pick an edge rusher in the 1st, CB in the second and I am happy!

Senior Member Array title="Steelheart is a jewel in the rough"> Steelheart's Avatar

I would be happy with Watt. My 3 OLB "crushes" if you will are Watt, Rivers and Tak. I know some have concern with Taks shoulder but he is supposed to be back by the start of the season or earlier IIRC and we still have James Harrison there to give us time if Tak isn't quite ready.

Member Array title="Devil's D will become famous soon enough">

I’m on the Watt bandwagon, but I’m afraid that the Steelers would need to move-up a few spots because I don’t think that he will make it past Green Bay.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devil's D View Post
    I’m on the Watt bandwagon, but I’m afraid that the Steelers would need to move-up a few spots because I don’t think that he will make it past Green Bay.
    He is a great fit for the Packers.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    He is a great fit for the Packers.
    Yep

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Hell yeah!!! TJ Watt coming to the Burgh! Gonna wear the black n gold!

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

TJ just got a haircut from my barber 2 days ago. Ill come back and see if i can get an inside scoop guys
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

seems like a hungry OLB. i think he might be a steal in a few years.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

just wanna congratulate DesertSteel for starting this thread a long time ago.

great call buddy

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    just wanna congratulate DesertSteel for starting this thread a long time ago.

great call buddy
    I'm pretty excited about this. For those who don't like the pick, just give him the chance next season to show you what he can do.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

“Look over my brother, make sure to haze him a little extra for me,” J.J. Watt texted Steelers wide receiverAntonio Brown, a former teammate of his at Central Michigan before J.J. Watt transferred to Wisconsin.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    “Look over my brother, make sure to haze him a little extra for me,” J.J. Watt texted Steelers wide receiverAntonio Brown, a former teammate of his at Central Michigan before J.J. Watt transferred to Wisconsin.

To think that those two players were teammates at Central Michigan is mind-blowing!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    To think that those two players were teammates at Central Michigan is mind-blowing!
    A Steelers scout had gone there to look at Watt (before he transferred), and saw this WR with some skills.

So, they kept tabs on that WR...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

This is a really good article on Watt's athleticism compared to the rest of the league at his position.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...ersion=pgevoke

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    about 50 other guys would have to be off the board before I would be ready to pick him , sure he has talent I wont claim he doesn't , but he would be IMO no place near BPA at 30 and we have more than 1 need so finding a better player at a pos of need shouldnt be to terribly difficult at 30 .... in round 2 sure if he is there and McKinley isnt already a Steeler ...

my wishlist is short

1) EDGE Takkarist McKinley
    2) CB Cordrea Tankersley
    3) S Justin Evans
    3) CB Howard Wilson
    4) RB Jeremy McNichols / Wayne Gallman
    5) EDGE Calvin Munson
    6) LB Steven Taylor
    7) TE Michael Roberts
    How'd that work for you? Sorry, I couldn't resist when I came upon this post in a search. Lol

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Good. We ageee to disagree. We shall see RE Watt vs your guy Takk. Then we'll have something to argue about

And btw, I didn't need a crystal ball to see that Jones was a sack of crap.
    ?

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    How'd that work for you? Sorry, I couldn't resist when I came upon this post in a search. Lol
    not very well
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

I was thinking about this earlier but I really can't believe some of the edge rushers that were drafted before TJ. With Charles Harris, Takk McKinley and Taco Charlton all being drafted before him, even if it's only after 4 years, it's clear some teams messed up big. Harris and Taco have done nothing in this league. Takk did a little bit of something for a little bit but was a headache and is on his third team. None of them finished the 2020 season with the team that drafted them.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

not very well
    To be fair, you wanted Mahomes above all others.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    To be fair, you wanted Mahomes above all others.

this is true , but was told over and over he was a 3 year project ....

and how does that Justin Evans pick look ......
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

I'm surprised I didn't post in this thread. Definitely a good thing. I remember wanting Tyus Bowser over Watt. Good call DesertSteel!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

this is true , but was told over and over he was a 3 year project ....
    come on, QBs from Texas Tech never make it in the NFL

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

FWIW, Packers fans are still angry about the TJ Watt pick.

I remember watching that draft and as soon as I saw GB trade out...I just knew that TJ Watt was going to be a Steeler. While I wasn't totally certain...I also had a feeling he would immediately produce results....but I never figured he would be this good.

Ray Fittipaldo
    @rayfitt1

NFL draft research tidbit of the day: In 2017, these pass rushers were selected before T.J. Watt: Myles Garrett, Derek Barnett, Jonathan Allen, Charles Harris, Takk McKinley and Taco Charlton. Watt has more sacks (49.5) than all of them.

Charlton, McKinley and Harris, the three edge rushers taken before Watt, have combined for only 35 career sacks.

Apr 13, 2021

https://twitter.com/rayfitt1?ref_src...5Es2_&ref_url=

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Charlton, McKinley and Harris, the three edge rushers taken before Watt, have combined for only 35 career sacks.
    Charlton, McKinley and Harris combined have 25 career sacks with the teams that drafted them (all are on their 2nd or 3rd teams), less than TJ's total from the past 2 years