Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers interested in CB Dre Kirkpatrick

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Steelers interested in CB Dre Kirkpatrick

1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Steelers interested in CB Dre Kirkpatrick

I may be wrong, but I would be surprised if the steelers sign a big free agent this year since it never happened, especially under Colbert.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

This would move our 'desperate need' at CB to the 'needs depth' category.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Wouldn't mind this at all...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    I may be wrong, but I would be surprised if the steelers sign a big free agent this year since it never happened, especially under Colbert.
    100% agree. I'd be shocked if they signed Kirkpatrick.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Smells like the Cam Thomas signing.

Fills a need: check
    Not a very good player: check
    His old team couldn't wait to get rid of him: check
    Dirty genitals: yet to be determined

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

i always thought he was more inconsistent than bad? hes had quite a few really good games too. my question is can he play well in the slot?

i hope we opt to chase after Nolan Carroll or Captain Munnerlyn instead. We've had interest in those 2 before so I dont see why not
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Hell no! You wouldn't be able to get the Bengal stench off of him. He's also not very good.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I thought Kirkpatrick was one of the better CBs in the league. Since I pay zero attention to the Bengals, I'm not surprised that I was wrong, just disappointed. So you guys are saying that signing Kirkpatrick would NOT move the needle on our 'CB need meter'? If that's the case, then I'm a'gin it.

- - - Updated - - -

But.....James Harrison looked like shit on that defense as well.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Forget the stench of the Bengal bitches which itself is a sizeable turnoff, I never remembered this guy being any good. From what I saw last year against the Steelers game, he couldn't cover shit without committing holding/pass interference

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

IMO he's an upgrade from Willie Gay.

BurghBoy412

Not a good fit

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Kirkpatrick is "OKAY". He didn't start his first 3 seasons in the league - in fact he barely played. So he is a two year starter at age 27!

Only plays outside and does not play inside. Not sure I really think of him as anything other than a "guy". Not sure why you pay him a ton of money...

BUT - they clearly don't feel good about their CB situation. Only tendered Cockerell at the 4th round level. He is completely poachable by another NFL team. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    length? Dre Kirkpatrick has 30 5/8 inch arms...
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    length? Dre Kirkpatrick has 30 5/8 inch arms...
    That's probably not the "length" Aditi is referring to.

Sorry...I just couldn't help myself. I'm a pig.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Dre can keep the bench warm like Boykin and Gilbert before him.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Ray Fittipaldo of the P-G is not a fan

He's the guy who got called for consecutive defensive holding penalties in the game in Cincinnati on the Steelers' winning drive and then loudly complained about the officiating on a profanity-laced postgame session with reporters. He's also the guy who got into that slap fight with Antonio Brown two years ago. He's a CB who can play in man coverage so I understand the link to the Steelers, but two things: this draft is loaded with good CBs and Kirkpatrick won't come cheap.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201703060119

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Lot easier to shut down the opponent when you are getting away with holding/committing pi the whole game

That's not true.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I'm not a fan. When they played us, Sammie Coates made him look like a fool. An inconsistent DB with a tendency to give up big plays and frustrating penalties is not what we need to add to the defense. Especially at an asking price that I would expect to be super-inflated. Let him go to the Redskins.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I'm not a fan. When they played us, Sammie Coates made him look like a fool. An inconsistent DB with a tendency to give up big plays and frustrating penalties is not what we need to add to the defense. Especially at an asking price that I would expect to be super-inflated. Let him go to the Redskins.
    Titans are interested in him, he can go there

lol. more than anything, it would be extremely satisfying to me to see the bengals pay him a boatload of money to keep him. still not a big fan of us going for him

Bengals' Dre Kirkpatrick isn't the only cornerback the Steelers are evaluating in free agency and the draft. They are looking at the position with a wide lens, knowing they are probably one or two pieces away. Wouldn't be surprised if safety and corner added at some point in next four months. More man defense is part of the discussion. -Jeremy Fowler, ESPN Staff Writer
    http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=2...447262397234-4

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Bleh. I hope it falls apart.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert