Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Random FA Ideas

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Re: Random FA Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    sacmanjones_29 is Jarvis's twitter handle not pacmans just to clear up confusion
    good correction thank you!

Kevin Minter to the bengals on a 1 year deal.

Zach Brown looms large. He went to the raiders and surprisingly left without a contract even though they have plenty of cap space and have a need for a linebacker after losing starter LB Malcolm Smith

Thats an interesting situation. Zach Brown has had a quiet market despite being a 2nd team all-pro. Dolphins were "hoping" for him to visit but i dont see anything that says it actually transpired. Plus they just signed Lawrence Timmons and have Kiko Alonso.

If the raiders couldnt pull him in right away with their cap space and need at linebacker, Brown must have either

1) Demanded a crazy contract
    2) Wants to be in an environment extremely conducive to success
    3) Still wants to see if there's a bigger market out there
    4) Some combination of those 3?

We have a good shot at this guy
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

BurghBoy412

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    good correction thank you!

Kevin Minter to the bengals on a 1 year deal.

Zach Brown looms large. He went to the raiders and surprisingly left without a contract even though they have plenty of cap space and have a need for a linebacker after losing starter LB Malcolm Smith

Thats an interesting situation. Zach Brown has had a quiet market despite being a 2nd team all-pro. Dolphins were "hoping" for him to visit but i dont see anything that says it actually transpired. Plus they just signed Lawrence Timmons and have Kiko Alonso.

If the raiders couldnt pull him in right away with their cap space and need at linebacker, Brown must have either

1) Demanded a crazy contract
    2) Wants to be in an environment extremely conducive to success
    3) Still wants to see if there's a bigger market out there
    4) Some combination of those 3?

We have a good shot at this guy
    Why would you sign him? What's wrong with Vince Williams?

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BurghBoy412 View Post
    Why would you sign him? What's wrong with Vince Williams?
    1. Young
    2. 2nd Team All-Pro
    3. Pro Bowler who appears to be entering his prime
    4. Market value of $4.5 million per year (via Sportrac), far less than Donta Hightower
    5. Very good all-around player
    6. For the record I really like Vince and think he can end up being a lot like Larry Foote in days of old. But we could also stand to upgrade from that. Im fairly comfortable whether we go for him or not
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

BurghBoy412

1. Young
    2. 2nd Team All-Pro
    3. Pro Bowler who appears to be entering his prime
    4. Market value of $4.5 million per year (via Sportrac), far less than Donta Hightower
    5. Very good all-around player
    6. For the record I really like Vince and think he can end up being a lot like Larry Foote in days of old. But we could also stand to upgrade from that. Im fairly comfortable whether we go for him or not
    I used to have your time and passion for this stuff. Keep up the good work buddy!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I cant tell if you're kidding. Jarvis Jones had 7 hurries last season and a sack. He was about as worthless as he is in any given season
    I'm not a Jones fan and never have been. I hated the pick from the beginning almost as much as I hated the Mendenhall pick...but having seen every game, I'd argue that Jones was more productive in the hurry department than what shows on paper. There was a game or two where, surprisingly, he looked like the only one on defense who came to play. Regardless, I'm happy he's not taking a roster spot up on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Came across something interesting in Dale Lolley's blog from March 12th. Basically he was stating that Cam Heyward is the leader of the defense now and they were not going to pay an outside FA more than Heyward.

If if that's the case, then here is the FA ceiling http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburg...-heyward-7746/

Perhaps Zach Brown is asking for a lot more money than I anticipated...Well then. Vince Williams it is! Would be happy with Haason Reddick or Jarrad Davis with one of our 1st 2 picks as well

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Jeremy Fowler ESPN Staff Writer

Former Jaguars defensive lineman Tyson Alualu visiting the Steelers, according to a source. He's expected to arrive Monday. Former No. 10 overall pick played seven seasons for the Jaguars and, at 300 pounds, can play tackle or end on the defensive line. The Steelers have been looking for line help over the last two free agency cycles.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Foreskins sign Zach Brown

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Foreskins sign Zach Brown
    I wish that we would've at least brought him in for a visit.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

What do you know...we could have had a 2nd team all-pro linebacker who can do it all for less than half what Hightower cost...

BurghBoy412

Jason McCourty???