Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Random FA Ideas

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Random FA Ideas

I wouldn't mind Torrey Smith. He'd probably be closer to his Baltimore production than his 49ers production.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Good news maybe. Marcus Cooper isn't on the NFL.com 101 best FA list. Maybe we could sign him on the cheap.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-c...-cooper-12534/

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8641/marcus-cooper

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Good news maybe. Marcus Cooper isn't on the NFL.com 101 best FA list. Maybe we could sign him on the cheap.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-c...-cooper-12534/

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8641/marcus-cooper
    theres a lot of tweets from reporters on the web and Arians also said Cooper is going to get offered a lot of money
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Free agency thread

1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    theres a lot of tweets from reporters on the web and Arians also said Cooper is going to get offered a lot of money
    The chatter I'm seeing is the Cards want to keep him but not going to offer him much. So if he receives a bigger offer he can go. Cooper was paid $675,000 last season. Surely we can offer more than that.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I believe Robert Woods could be a sneaky good signing.

They had some interest during the 2013 draft process, still just 24 years old. He didn't have great(Tyrod Taylor was solid) QB play with Buffalo, of course he played behind Watkins.

Al Woods was just released, he was a nice contributor during his time here.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

The chatter I'm seeing is the Cards want to keep him but not going to offer him much. So if he receives a bigger offer he can go. Cooper was paid $675,000 last season. Surely we can offer more than that.
    well yeah thats because hes on his rookie deal.
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

well yeah thats because hes on his rookie deal.
    So, would you rather not make an offer? How much is it worth to get a FA to come in and be the #1 CB for this team? If Cockrell gets signed away, Burns will be our #1, with Gay, Golson(maybe), and new draft pick. That may be the situation even if Cockrell stays. I think we SHOULD ABSOLUTELY make a real offer. Give me a why not.

Could this just become a free agency thread?

Just want to say, the Ravens are losing a lot of players.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    Could this just become a free agency thread?

Just want to say, the Ravens are losing a lot of players.

Wasn't Wallace also on a 1 year deal?
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Wasn't Wallace also on a 1 year deal?
    Believe he signed a 2 year deal.

So, would you rather not make an offer? How much is it worth to get a FA to come in and be the #1 CB for this team? If Cockrell gets signed away, Burns will be our #1, with Gay, Golson(maybe), and new draft pick. That may be the situation even if Cockrell stays. I think we SHOULD ABSOLUTELY make a real offer. Give me a why not.
    "Cooper was paid $675,000 last season. Surely we can offer more than that."

you said this like it wouldnt take a lot of money to get him. what do you think his market value is

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Believe he signed a 2 year deal.
    I had to look it up because I wasn't sure. 1 year deal with an option for a second year. I'm guessing that he'll be back but you never know.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

"Cooper was paid $675,000 last season. Surely we can offer more than that."

you said this like it wouldnt take a lot of money to get him. what do you think his market value is
    I haven't seen any mention of a dollar amount. I thought maybe you did. You posted about seeing tweets about him. All I can find is that the Cards are doing the same with him as we are with Cockrell. Offering low and hoping he stays for that. But allowing room for offers. He's still not listed on NFL.com's top 101 FAs, so I don't know what he would command. But if we don't even offer, how do we know? He fills a need and he's not an 'A-lister' FA apparently.

I haven't seen any mention of a dollar amount. I thought maybe you did. You posted about seeing tweets about him. All I can find is that the Cards are doing the same with him as we are with Cockrell. Offering low and hoping he stays for that. But allowing room for offers. He's still not listed on NFL.com's top 101 FAs, so I don't know what he would command. But if we don't even offer, how do we know? He fills a need and he's not an 'A-lister' FA apparently.

http://www.fantasyguru.com/news/coac...-marcus-cooper
    "Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians said he would like the team to re-sign impending free-agent CB Marcus Cooper this offseason but thinks it may be too expensive for the team to bring him back."

Cardinals currently have more cap space than we do if you include everyone: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/cap/

http://cardswire.usatoday.com/2017/0...marcus-cooper/
    After a year in which he picked off four passes and was named a Pro Bowl alternate, he might be getting a lot more money in free agency than the Cardinals are able to pay him. “I’d like to get Coop back,” coach Bruce Arians said at the NFL combine. “It looks like Coop is going to get a helluva lot of money. Y’all keep saying Coop’s no good; he was a Pro Bowl alternate, had four interceptions. It looks like the price is going up pretty high for him, so we’ll wait and see.”

-Weak cornerback FA market equates to positional inflation. Not many at or above Cooper's level in terms of production/pedigree. Most of the ones above him in those terms are old, injury prone, and/or washed up. The ones that dont fit that criteria? Stephon Gillmore, AJ Bouye, Dre Kirkpatrick, Trumaine Johnson (Rams are trying to trade him), and Logan Ryan. Kirkpatrick have never even been a pro bowl alternate and they could potentially be making around $10 million/per season: http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-...eelers-comfort

Johnson is on the franchise tag a 2nd season in a row even though he has only been good one season. And that comes out at $16.7 million.

The Pats trade a 4th round pick to Colts for Dwayne Allen and a 6th round pick.

The Pats trade a 4th round pick to Colts for Dwayne Allen and a 6th round pick.
    Oh god. If Allen stays healthy, that trade could be yet another robbery for the patriots. I remember camp reports of him being the best player on the field other than Andrew Luck

http://www.fantasyguru.com/news/coac...-marcus-cooper
    "Arizona Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians said he would like the team to re-sign impending free-agent CB Marcus Cooper this offseason but thinks it may be too expensive for the team to bring him back."

Cardinals currently have more cap space than we do if you include everyone: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/cap/

http://cardswire.usatoday.com/2017/0...marcus-cooper/
    After a year in which he picked off four passes and was named a Pro Bowl alternate, he might be getting a lot more money in free agency than the Cardinals are able to pay him. “I’d like to get Coop back,” coach Bruce Arians said at the NFL combine. “It looks like Coop is going to get a helluva lot of money. Y’all keep saying Coop’s no good; he was a Pro Bowl alternate, had four interceptions. It looks like the price is going up pretty high for him, so we’ll wait and see.”

-Weak cornerback FA market equates to positional inflation. Not many at or above Cooper's level in terms of production/pedigree. Most of the ones above him in those terms are old, injury prone, and/or washed up. The ones that dont fit that criteria? Stephon Gillmore, AJ Bouye, Dre Kirkpatrick, Trumaine Johnson (Rams are trying to trade him), and Logan Ryan. Kirkpatrick have never even been a pro bowl alternate and they could potentially be making around $10 million/per season: http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-...eelers-comfort

Johnson is on the franchise tag a 2nd season in a row even though he has only been good one season. And that comes out at $16.7 million.
    Yep those are the articles I've read. Arians doesn't think they will be able to keep him. Has he been offered? That would show his actual value.

Oh god. If Allen stays healthy, that trade could be yet another robbery for the patriots. I remember camp reports of him being the best player on the field other than Andrew Luck
    He's never healthy though and the Colts paid him $12M last season for 35 catches 400 yards. Doyle beat him out for the starting job last year.

Yep those are the articles I've read. Arians doesn't think they will be able to keep him. Has he been offered? That would show his actual value.
    i wouldnt venture farther than our usual "intermediate level spending" in free agency ($5-6 million) for Cooper. Thats just me. I havent heard you suggest any numbers yet. Id love the guy, it just seems like our front office is unfortunately, infatuated with an overrated, overpenalized, and inconsistent cornerback in Dre Kirkpatrick

i wouldnt venture farther than our usual "intermediate level spending" in free agency ($5-6 million) for Cooper. Thats just me. I havent heard you suggest any numbers yet. Id love the guy, it just seems like our front office is unfortunately, infatuated with an overrated, overpenalized, and inconsistent cornerback in Dre Kirkpatrick
    That would be insane. If they brought in Kirkpatrick and don't even make an offer to Cooper.

I have not suggested any numbers ever. I only pay attention to that when there's someone I would like to see us make a play for, and then I start looking at that player's value. I don't see anything on Cooper yet. Somebody will have to offer him to set his market, why not us, is my question.

Timmons to visit Dolphins in free agency: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/03...g-free-agency/

The Dolphins have over $40 million in cap room: http://overthecap.com/calculator/miami-dolphins/

I for one hope he signs a mega deal so we can get another favorable compensatory pick next season. You never know, could be the difference between being able to trade up for the QB that will take over for Ben

Tony Jefferson to Baltimore.

Tony Jefferson to Baltimore.
    hell of a pair of safeties. Good thing they're losing zachary orr to retirement, cutting dumervil, suggs is super old, and most likely losing brandon williams

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    He's never healthy though and the Colts paid him $12M last season for 35 catches 400 yards. Doyle beat him out for the starting job last year.
    how often does Belichick commit a million dollar heist when he wheels a trade? i bet Dwayne Allen blows up

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

For those who wanted Brian Hoyer as backup, he signed with the 49ers ....

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Guess he'll be the next Raven that will annoy the hell out us.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

That Danny Woodhead signing annoys me more than the Jefferson one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

how often does Belichick commit a million dollar heist when he wheels a trade? i bet Dwayne Allen blows up
    Too often for my tastes but they fail on some also. Chandler Jones has played very well for the Cardinals and Cooper was a bust in NE. Dwayne Allen definitely has talent. We'll just have to see what happens.