Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Peter King: Steelers could be interested in Darrelle Revis

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Peter King: Steelers could be interested in Darrelle Revis

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I will pay money to not have this argument again.

Brandon Boykin's almost total disappearance from the NFL speaks volumes all on its own.
    Superman wears Brandon Boykin pajamas.

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep at night, he checks under the bed for Brandon Boykin.

Brandon Boykin does not do push ups; he pushes the Earth down.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Brandon Boykin's almost total disappearance from the NFL speaks volumes all on its own.
    Agreed and Gilbert will probably follow. But there is always Blake!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

It's time to start the Dollars for Silence Regarding Brandon Boykin Replacing Antwon Blake Fund.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Boykin, Gilbert & Scobee all FA. They should at least take Dan Rooney out to lunch.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

perhaps it does , but it does not change the fact he played better than Blake , at the end of the day that and 2 bucks will buy you a hot cup of bitter coffee at Denys while you scratch you head and wonder how Blake is still in the league
    ?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Antoine Blake was not the worst DB on that team.

Senior Member Array title="Method28 is a name known to all">

I honestly dont care if they pay him $1, $6 mill or $10 mill if its for 1 year. Pitt is not making any other impact signing. Why save the cap room?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Superman wears Brandon Boykin pajamas.

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep at night, he checks under the bed for Brandon Boykin.

Brandon Boykin does not do push ups; he pushes the Earth down.
    According to Newton's 3rd Law of Motion, you are absolutely right. He DOES push down the earth.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Boykin, Gilbert & Scobee all FA. They should at least take Dan Rooney out to lunch.
    We will never know if Gilbert would of made any difference. Gilbert seemed to have changed his attitude from the one he had with the Browns. So much talent and not given a chance to even prove it.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    According to Newton's 3rd Law of Motion, you are absolutely right. He DOES push down the earth.

I thought that from a physics standpoint, technically what happens is he pushes on the earth with Applied Force (which doesn't overcome the earth's inertia) and in reaction to that, the earth pushes back on him with the Normal Force, which is what lifts him up. If you want to be a total dick about it, which I'm known for.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    We will never know if Gilbert would of made any difference. Gilbert seemed to have changed his attitude from the one he had with the Browns. So much talent and not given a chance to even prove it.
    I'd like to know why is he's still a FA?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I was a fan of getting Gilbert and have even mentioned bringing him back.

But to say he didn't get a chance is not true. He get a chance everyday in camp and practice.

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityboyz View Post
    My guess is you have to prove it in practice first

Given that the Steelers clearly were not enthralled with the play of Cockrell or Gay it seems as if the opportunity was there if he earned it

He might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer - his kickoff return at the end of the KC game could have cost the game

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I was a fan of getting Gilbert and have even mentioned bringing him back.

But to say he didn't get a chance is not true. He get a chance everyday in camp and practice.
    Given recent failures (e.g., Boykin, Gilbert), the Steelers are either terrible evaluators (shouldn't have signed them) or terrible developers (can't get on the field). I think it's a mix of the two. To be honest, I'm not convinced that they have the clue on when a guy should get a chance on Sunday. Trust the coaching staff in this area, I don't.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Given recent failures (e.g., Boykin, Gilbert), the Steelers are either terrible evaluators (shouldn't have signed them) or terrible developers (can't get on the field). I think it's a mix of the two. To be honest, I'm not convinced that they have the clue on when a guy should get a chance on Sunday. Trust the coaching staff in this area, I don't.
    Nobody really seems to have a great talent for evaluating DBs. Way too many of the top guys each draft don't pan out, while guys that got no attention leading up to the draft turn into shutdown corners. The entire process is flawed.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Nobody really seems to have a great talent for evaluating DBs. Way too many of the top guys each draft don't pan out, while guys that got no attention leading up to the draft turn into shutdown corners. The entire process is flawed.
    the seahawks, chiefs, and patriots seem pretty great at evaluating DB's
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

The Patriots are not good at DBs - or at least not any better or worse than anyone else. -- http://www.pro-football-reference.co.../nwe/draft.htm

Seahawks are the same now that Carroll's recruiting advantage has faded.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I wouldnt call the Chiefs great at it either I mean most hear on this forum knew Nelson , Gaines and Peters where going to be good so there is that

Dolphins have drafted some good ones, they just have gotten rid of a few before they blossomed lol

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I thought that from a physics standpoint, technically what happens is he pushes on the earth with Applied Force (which doesn't overcome the earth's inertia) and in reaction to that, the earth pushes back on him with the Normal Force, which is what lifts him up. If you want to be a total dick about it, which I'm known for.
    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/embed-t...3-5ab37ad9665b

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Nobody's going to pay him $6 million, so if that's true, I don't understand why it's not a done deal. Unless he's really just awful now.
    Revis is pretty much guaranteed $6M. So why would he sign anytime soon? He'd be smarter to wait it out until training camp or when someone somewhere gets hurt and a team is desperate, he may end up getting a "better than $6M" multi-year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

its my understanding that the stipulations of his jets contract is that Revis gets paid Exactly $6 million this season no matter what. If another team signs him, the jet simply pay $6 million minus whatever that team gives him. Can someone tell me if this is correct?

- - - Updated - - -

The Patriots are not good at DBs - or at least not any better or worse than anyone else. -- http://www.pro-football-reference.co.../nwe/draft.htm

haha wow i stand corrected
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

I believe i counted the Pats have drafted at LEAST two secondary players in like 12 of the last 16 drafts or something like that. Thats a lot of picks lol although they did draft guys like Ryan, Samuel, Merriweather, Chung, McCourty. They've had their fair share of Ras-I-Dowlings as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    its my understanding that the stipulations of his jets contract is that Revis gets paid Exactly $6 million this season no matter what. If another team signs him, the jet simply pay $6 million minus whatever that team gives him. Can someone tell me if this is correct?

- - - Updated - - -

haha wow i stand corrected

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

3 Reasons why Darrelle Revis going to the Steelers makes sense

Mr. Rooney, please just sign this guy so I can die happy

By Dan Sager March 18 2017

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...e-agent-rumors

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

There's talk now that the Patriots may be interested in signing him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-the-patriots/
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post

If nothing else, I'm sure they're trying to drive the price up for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    If nothing else, I'm sure they're trying to drive the price up for everyone else.
    yeah the patriots of all organizations are so concerned with everyone else's offseason moves. ugh, i wish

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post

Why wouldn't they? It's going to cost them almost nothing to do it and the best part is their division rival will be paying for him. At that price, he's worth a flier.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler