Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Art Rooney II: Martavis Bryant has 'tremendous potential'

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Re: Art Rooney II: Martavis Bryant has 'tremendous potential'

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Bryant is correct, big difference after the catch.

Martavis Bryant fires back at Justin Hunter comparisons

Martavis Bryant is waiting on reinstatement from the NF
    L, but he has taken notice of a recent free agent signing the Pittsburgh Steelers have made.The Steelers signed wide receiver Justin Hunter earlier this week, who is similar in physical measurables, but Bryant wants to make it known that he is the better player.

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Martav...isons-51789136

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaDan View Post

Hunter hasnt been on the team half a day yet and already Martavis seems a little upset .... hopefully he uses it as motivation to be ready for camp in game shape with a clean piss test in hand

at the same time he better be careful to not escalate this or anything else as the ice he is skating on is pretty thin

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

There is plenty to motivate him. He's a husband, soon to be the father of three, witnessed how you can be rewarded for hard work (AB), and beat out Hunter at WR......hopefully the battle will be between Hunter & Coates. He needs to take the bull by the horns.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

There is plenty to motivate him. He's a husband, soon to be the father of three, witnessed how you can be rewarded for hard work (AB), and beat out Hunter at WR......hopefully the battle will be between Hunter & Coates. He needs to take the bull by the horns.
    I am in hopes its between Hunter and DHB .... DHB 10 games 6 catches 114 yards 30 years old , severe foot injury last year most likely making more $ than Hunters 1 year prove it deal .....

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    I am in hopes its between Hunter and DHB .... DHB 10 games 6 catches 114 yards 30 years old , severe foot injury last year most likely making more $ than Hunters 1 year prove it deal .....
    Could be, DHB has been good on ST but his wick is getting short.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Knee jerk reactions make me laugh. To believe that a 1 year signing at a thrift store price is insurance for a potential perennial pro bowler is delusional. Thats the kind of move only the patriots are able to consistently pull off.

Reading on the bills forums, the consensus seems to be that Justin Hunter is one hell of a quitter. Good thing were not counting on him like some people assume
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Knee jerk reactions make me laugh. To believe that a 1 year signing at a thrift store price is insurance for a potential perennial pro bowler is delusional. Thats the kind of move only the patriots are able to consistently pull off
    we do Have Richard Mann so +1 on that front

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Knee jerk reactions make me laugh. To believe that a 1 year signing at a thrift store price is insurance for a potential perennial pro bowler is delusional. Thats the kind of move only the patriots are able to consistently pull off.

Reading on the bills forums, the consensus seems to be that Justin Hunter is one hell of a quitter. Good thing were not counting on him like some people assume
    Nobody contends Hunter is the equal of Bryant when Bryant can stay on the field. My knee jerk reaction is that he was signed in the event the Steelers lose Bryant to another failed drug test and Coates continues his downward slide. That is not counting on him to beat out Bryant in training camp, it is to address the not wildly unlikely possibility Bryant gets suspended again while Coates continues to channel the ghost of Limas Sweed.

Since my previous post was regarded as both a knee jerk reaction and delusional, let me spell it out. Insurance is a form of risk management to hedge against a contingent loss. The insurance does not always make you whole for the entire loss, for reasons including a high deductible or a cap on coverage. For example, when you are a mid-30s young parent and buy a $500,000 term life insurance policy, that probably is not going to replace the present value of your entire future earnings that will be lost due to your early demise. But it provides some coverage at a cost you are willing to pay that will provide some cushion as an alternative to destitution for your survivors.

Ed B. of the P-G said yesterday the Steelers are not counting on Bryant or Coates, which means they presumably are looking for a taller receiver to play opposite Brown and Rogers as a fallback to having no alternatives if both Bryant and Coates (for different reasons) flame out in 2017. My guess is they may engage in further risk management by drafting another receiver. In all likelihood, that will not result in as good a receiver at that position but will provide another option, which is preferable to no options.

Why do you think they signed Hunter?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Well, that certainly was a warm welcome to Justin Hunter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Secondaryconcerns View Post
    Hunter hasnt been on the team half a day yet and already Martavis seems a little upset
    Bingo!!!

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

he aint wrong
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Bryant's response is why I'm so optimist about him returning, and finally keeping his head straight. He seems ready to shut up the doubters.

A motivated Bryant is scary.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

he aint wrong

Bryant isn't wrong... he's just an asshole.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

That's funny right there! Gotta love the Coen brothers.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

He's just another guy who has a shitload of God-given talent, who created all his own problems and put himself exactly where he is right now.

Now that he is exactly where he is because of his own actions, he lashes out in anger at anyone that doubts him or doesn't trust him....including the people that he let down in the first place.

Even though he knows he screwed up, everyone is just supposed to put their world and their lives on hold for his triumphant return because he's Martavis Bryant.

Instead of showing everyone how important it is to him that he has beaten his problem and solved his issues and coming in with the attitude that he is sorry for letting the organization, his teammates, and his family down and quietly balling his ass off on the field.....he has elected to demonstrate that he hasn't matured much during his suspension.

That's something that will make everyone doubt him even more.

So let's review.

He let his family down.
    He let himself down.
    He let the ownership and management down.
    He let his teammates down and he has alienated a new teammate by trashing Hunter when the only reason Hunter is there is because of his screw up.

Did I miss anything?

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    He's just another guy who has a shitload of God-given talent, who created all his own problems and put himself exactly where he is right now.

Now that he is exactly where he is because of his own actions, he lashes out in anger at anyone that doubts him or doesn't trust him....including the people that he let down in the first place.

Even though he knows he screwed up, everyone is just supposed to put their world and their lives on hold for his triumphant return because he's Martavis Bryant.

Instead of showing everyone how important it is to him that he has beaten his problem and solved his issues and coming in with the attitude that he is sorry for letting the organization, his teammates, and his family down and quietly balling his ass off on the field.....he has elected to demonstrate that he hasn't matured much during his suspension.

That's something that will make everyone doubt him even more.

So let's review.

He let his family down.
    He let himself down.
    He let the ownership and management down.
    He let his teammates down and he has alienated a new teammate by trashing Hunter when the only reason Hunter is there is because of his screw up.

Did I miss anything?
    In a word "ownership"... or, lack thereof.

PREDICTION:
    Bryant returns to form and has a monster season (18 TDs). Coates remembers how to catch. And, Hunter finally lives up to his unfulfilled potential. Add in the quintessential AB season (1400 yards)...

...and voila!!! Crash dies from ejacualting continuously for twenty weeks in a row.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

PREDICTION:
    Bryant returns to form and has a monster season (18 TDs). Coates remembers how to catch. And, Hunter finally lives up to his unfulfilled potential. Add in the quintessential AB season (1400 yards)...

...and voila!!! Crash dies from ejacualting continuously for twenty weeks in a row.

I like what you're saying but I'm getting disturbing mental images of the last part of your scenario.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I keep seeing the 'Crypt Keeper' in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    I like what you're saying but I'm getting disturbing mental images of the last part of your scenario.
    Yeah, he could probably have left that last part off.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

PREDICTION:

You sir win the Internet this evening.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Martavis Bryant certainly has a lot of question marks coming into this season, even if there is a season, which will be up to the league. But one thing is for sure. Bryant is working harder to train this offseason than he ever has before.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/03...-on-instagram/

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

As a Steelers fan, I have very high hopes Bryant gets it all together and puts together a HoF career here. AB is already on his way to achieving that. Hunter can come in and be redzone help, which was what we talked about with Marshall. Put that together with Bell, Williams, and Rogers, we should still move fairly freely between the 20s. Bryant becoming a beast is what puts us into the endzone more often.

Martavis Bryant certainly has a lot of question marks coming into this season, even if there is a season, which will be up to the league. But one thing is for sure. Bryant is working harder to train this offseason than he ever has before.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/03...-on-instagram/
    Could be the training - could be not having the muchies after getting baked

Shouldn't we know soon what Bryant's future holds?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Shouldn't we know soon what Bryant's future holds?
    6 more days! March 28th is the latest Goodell can make a decision

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Yeah. Like Goodell ever follows his own rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BurghBoy412

6 more days! March 28th is the latest Goodell can make a decision
    I have a feeling he's gonna wait every last second he can to make that decision.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Has Bryant met with the medical advisors yet? That was supposed to take place by the 13th of March...I thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

BurghBoy412

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Martav...agram-51325023

Check this out! Dude looks focused!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Yeah. Like Goodell ever follows his own rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ugh, dont crush my hopes and dreams

NFL exec: Bryant returning would be '3-run HR' of the offseason

Getting Martavis Bryant back would be the Steelers' biggest acquisition of the offseason, according to an NFL executive.

Martavis Bryant certainly has the respect of outside executives on other NFL teams.
    According to ESPN, one NFL executive not associated with the Steelers said that Bryant being reinstated by Roger Goodell would be Pittsburgh's greatest acquisition entering the draft. Bryant is still waiting to hear if the league has accepted his reinstatement application after serving his year-long suspension that wiped out his 2016 season.
    "That is the three-run homer of the offseason if Bryant can get cleared and return to that offense," he said. "He is what that offense has been missing."
    http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/NFL-ex...eason-51945771

On a side note, Congrats to Bryant & his wife on the birth of their son yesterday.