Thread: 2017 NFL Draft Player Profiles: North Carolina WR Ryan Switzer

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

2017 NFL Draft Player Profiles: North Carolina WR Ryan Switzer

I really like this guy.. Would I take him in R3? Yes!

From now until the 2017 NFL Draft takes place, we hope to showcase as many prospects as possible and examine both their strengths and weaknesses. Most of these profiles will feature individuals that the Pittsburgh Steelers are likely to have an interest in, while a few others will be top-ranked players. If there is a player you would like us to analyze, let us know in the comments below.

#3 Ryan Switzer / WR / North Carolina: 5’9” 179lbs

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/02...-ryan-switzer/

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Re: 2017 NFL Draft Player Profiles: North Carolina WR Ryan Switzer

where's his path to playing time?
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

So in the scenario where we take Switzer, Ayers and Eli Rogers got murdered?

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    where's his path to playing time?
    He'll be more productive than Wheaton & Coates combined

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    That may be true. But do we really want to recreate the Smurfs? That would put most of the Steelers WRs in the barely big enough to play in the NFL category.

Who knows? A bunch of small shifty dudes might work out really really well. But I would be worried about the lack of size with Rogers, Ayers, and Switzer. Leaving aside that AB isn't that big himself...

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    That may be true. But do we really want to recreate the Smurfs? That would put most of the Steelers WRs in the barely big enough to play in the NFL category.

Who knows? A bunch of small shifty dudes might work out really really well. But I would be worried about the lack of size with Rogers, Ayers, and Switzer. Leaving aside that AB isn't that big himself...
    Size is overated, Brady proves that every year.

Senior Member Array title="Method28 is a name known to all">

Im good with Brown, Bryant, Rodgers, Coates and Switzer (Hamilton is they wish to carry 6 wrs)

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

That doesnt answer the question. Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, and Leveon Bell are every-down players. Eli Rogers played really well as our slot receiver and that was only his rookie season. Ayers is a slot receiver who was trusted with some targets despite barely being on the regular season roster. Coates was on pace for over 1300 yards before he broke his fingers. Even with Coates out of the equation, wheres his path to playing time? i think 7 punt return TD's is astonishing, but a 3rd round pick is a heavy price to pay for a return man who wont be able to play much for our offense
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    That doesnt answer the question. Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, and Leveon Bell are every-down players. Eli Rogers played really well as our slot receiver and that was only his rookie season. Ayers is a slot receiver who was trusted with some targets despite barely being on the regular season roster. Coates was on pace for over 1300 yards before he broke his fingers. Even with Coates out of the equation, wheres his path to playing time? i think 7 punt return TD's is astonishing, but a 3rd round pick is a heavy price to pay for a return man who wont be able to play much for our offense

Your probably right, he'll go to NE and carry on the Welker & Edelman tradition.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

In what system? At which wide receiver position?

What is it about him that makes you think he'll be more productive than Wheaton and Coates combined?

Frankly, I just don't see it. He's very small, and I don't see him getting much bigger while retaining his quickness. I like the kid, but he doesn't feel like he can be a big time player in the NFL to me. He may find a spot as a slot receiver and make some plays, but I just don't see him as an every down player.

Senior Member Array title="st33lersguy has a reputation beyond repute">

Depth chart is pretty much full though

Your probably right, he'll go to NE and carry on the Welker & Edelman tradition.
    probably has Wes Welker/Julian Edelman/Cole Beasley comparisons lined up left and right on scouting reports

BurghBoy412

How about Amba Etta-Tawo from Syracuse? Deep threat with great hands. Stretch out those opposing D's

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Our WR corps is disappointing. Other than AB that is. Wheaton has not progressed and spent this season on IR, Bryant was unavailable, Coates was injured and less productive than advertised, Rogers, Ayers, and Hamilton played well for a minute, but failed miserably on the big stage. I'm pretty ok with blowing them up and getting some fresh guys in here. I am all for second chances but this is very disappointing. I think maybe a couple heads roll and let the others know it's either produce consistently or hit the road. No time for developing WRs.

BurghBoy412

Fish Smithson CB Kansas