Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free Agent cornerbacks the Pittsburgh Steelers could target this offseason

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Free Agent cornerbacks the Pittsburgh Steelers could target this offseason

We aren't going to sign any "big name" DBs.

We'll sign another (My name isn't) Antwon Blake. Oh wait.....

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/02...vonte-johnson/

Championship!!!!

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    We aren't going to sign any "big name" DBs.

We'll sign another (My name isn't) Antwon Blake. Oh wait.....

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/02...vonte-johnson/

Championship!!!!
    Munnerlyn really isnt a big name at all. middle-tier signing at best, and we've shown a penchant for being willing to do that in recent years
    Quote Originally Posted by XxKnightxX View Post
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Talib is still under contract. Rumored he may be asked to restructure or he will get cut. But hasn't happened yet. So not much to really talk about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ward 86 View Post
    Munnerlyn really isnt a big name at all. middle-tier signing at best, and we've shown a penchant for being willing to do that in recent years
    I was being facetious with the "big name" comment but I'd take the Captain. I just don't see the Steelers getting even him in free agency. I hope you're right, though.

I was being facetious with the "big name" comment but I'd take the Captain. I just don't see the Steelers getting even him in free agency. I hope you're right, though.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/02...ain-munnerlyn/

Well, there ya go, PsychoWard.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

If we continue to play the Butler zone COVER NONE defense and expect a 90 year old James Harrison to be the only guy getting pressure you could sign 5 Deion Sanders in their prime and they wouldn't help.

This team needs to change the defensive schemes and learn how to pressure QBs.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Well that was an insightful and helpful comment.

This team also needs to learn how to have more points than the other team at the end of the 4th quarter. I've heard that is important to winning. Not sure.

Senior Member Array title="Psycho Ward 86 has a reputation beyond repute"> Psycho Ward 86's Avatar

WOW. im really excited but dont want to get my hopes up too much. Also interesting to note, the steelers were interested in Nolan Carroll 2 years ago, and he's a UFA this season. Carroll is pretty good in the slot and wouldnt come too expensive either. Yes yes, he's 30 years old, but he's 30 and still playing strong. Gay is 32 and in decline.

If either one is signed, i think Gay gets cut after June 1st. No reason to cut him before then. Wait til after the draft, where we'll likely come out with another cornerback or 2, and have them have a go at it in training camp. That will be $2 million in cap savings if we drop William Gay.

Burns, Cockrell, Munnerlyn, Golson, draft pick. I think thats a pretty good group
    We are not Buffalo, We are not Miami. We are the Steelers, we dont blow out teams, we cock tease for ratings and keep games close.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Those Steelers Depot articles carry no weight though...they are just stories made up by a blogger trying to create a connect the dots puzzle...there's no factual information there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Those Steelers Depot articles carry no weight though...they are just stories made up by a blogger trying to create a connect the dots puzzle...there's no factual information there.
    Scott Brown is the source of previous steelers interest in Munnerlyn, Caroll, and Verner. He covered for the Pittsburgh Tribune for some time and he was usually fine with his reporting. Its not unusual for the steelers to revisit previous interest in a player. Munnerlyn makes a lot of sense. We looked at him before, he can play zone and man pretty well (looked terrific last season actually with the vikings), and he's still managed to be pretty under the radar so he should be affordable. He was the vikings nickel corner and thats what we need most.

Thsts a pretty reasonable report. No worse than most things getting churned out this time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk