Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super Bowl 2017: Drone caught flying over Falcons practice before game vs. Patriots

Junior Member Array title="tube68 is an unknown quantity at this point">

Re: Super Bowl 2017: Drone caught flying over Falcons practice before game vs. Patriots

Atlanta choked away the game. Ryan made a colossal mistake taking the sack. Lol Goodhell sucks

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Super Bowl 2017: Drone caught flying over Falcons practice before game vs. Patriots

New England always has one receiver open. They just have a good offensive scheme and the players buy into it. You have to get to Brady before he finds that one guy. It's as simple as that. However, executing it isn't that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Re: Super Bowl 2017: Drone caught flying over Falcons practice before game vs. Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Brady retired tonight. He's done everything...5 SB wins..incredible..
    No way Brady retires, he's going for #6.

Junior Member Array title="tube68 is an unknown quantity at this point">

Atlanta ran out of gas. They played well for 3 quarters but the Cheats** held the ball for a long time and kept the ball away from that offense and got the turnovers and sacks necessary when needed. This was an epic collapse.

Senior Member Array title="Steelerchad is a jewel in the rough">

Atl collapsed, no doubt about it, but if the refs don't miss a double handed face mask with under 3 minutes to go, the holding penalty offsets and Atl can run one more play before attempting a long, but makeable FG to ice it. 10 points with 2:30 left and it's game over.

Banned Array title="LloydWoodson is a glorious beacon of light">

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerchad View Post
    Atl collapsed, no doubt about it, but if the refs don't miss a double handed face mask with under 3 minutes to go, the holding penalty offsets and Atl can run one more play before attempting a long, but makeable FG to ice it. 10 points with 2:30 left and it's game over.
    59 called on pass interference for touching Bennett's shoulder was ticky tack. That isn't even a fpul in the NBA. Literally in no way interfered. He didn't turn to look for the ball. Patriots got a lot of little calls.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Its going to be long, long time before we see any QB win 5 SB, if ever. I wouldn't be surprised to see Brady play another 3 years.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Its going to be long, long time before we see any QB win 5 SB, if ever. I wouldn't be surprised to see Brady play another 3 years.
    To bad the team that did it had to cheat to get there. You can't tell me shady and crew didn't benefit from Spygate and not having his helmet turn off when it was supposed to.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Tom Brady - Greatest system qb of all time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    To bad the team that did it had to cheat to get there. You can't tell me shady and crew didn't benefit from Spygate and not having his helmet turn off when it was supposed to.
    Who knows, you still have to throw the pass and some one has to catch it, or hand the ball off and someone has to run it. They play every game at 100% all season long, hard work does pay.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Up 28-3 in the 3rd quarter and lose the SB. Un-fucking-believable!!! Colossal choke job by Atlanta. Best offense in the NFL and they couldn't do a damn thing after that last TD.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Up 28-3 in the 3rd quarter and lose the SB. Un-fucking-believable!!! Colossal choke job by Atlanta. Best offense in the NFL and they couldn't do a damn thing after that last TD.
    Teams w/"great" offenses usually don't win the Super Bowl. The defense only has to be good enough to make stops. But, the Falcons had their chances and blew it.

Dan Quinn has his heart ripped out twice by the Cheats** in 3 years.

This reminds me a little of SB XXV where the Giants maintained TOP and kept the ball away from a very good Bills offense (at the time). Of course, the Bills kicker choked but still.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Teams w/"great" offenses usually don't win the Super Bowl. The defense only has to be good enough to make stops. But, the Falcons had their chances and blew it.

Dan Quinn has his heart ripped out twice by the Cheats** in 3 years.

This reminds me a little of SB XXV where the Giants maintained TOP and kept the ball away from a very good Bills offense (at the time). Of course, the Bills kicker choked but still.
    Atlanta's defense played great in the first half. They were more responsible for the 28-3 lead than the offense was. They just wore down in the second half because of the ineptitude of the offense.
    I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!- Jack Lambert

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    Atlanta's defense played great in the first half. They were more responsible for the 28-3 lead than the offense was. They just wore down in the second half because of the ineptitude of the offense.
    Exactly.

Many cases of great offenses during the season and even the playoffs but they get to the big game and they don't dominate like they do in the regular season.

Exactly.

Many cases of great offenses during the season and even the playoffs but they get to the big game and they don't dominate like they do in the regular season.
    Thats what makes the Pats different. They give 100% every game, season long. Brady was out 4 games and they still won 3 out of 4 of those games, with 2nd & 3rd string QB's. They made it to the SB and won with no name WR's, TE & RB. Bill has a good system and they ALL buy into it.
    Last edited by Shoes; 02-06-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

The Falcons began to coast as soon as they went up 28-3. That's what lost them the game. I knew they were going to blow it as soon as the score became 28-20 and that's when I turned it off.

NEVER take your foot off the gas. When you have your foot on your opponent's metaphorical windpipe, you put all your weight on it and finish the job. Now Brady will be endlessly knobslobbed until the end of time. Thanks, Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Now Brady will be endlessly knobslobbed until the end of time. Thanks, Atlanta.
    This is the worst part of the whole thing.

Senior Member Array title="GBMelBlount has a reputation beyond repute"> GBMelBlount's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    The Falcons began to coast as soon as they went up 28-3. That's what lost them the game. I knew they were going to blow it as soon as the score became 28-20 and that's when I turned it off.

NEVER take your foot off the gas.

When you have your foot on your opponent's metaphorical windpipe, you put all your weight on it and finish the job. Now Brady will be endlessly knobslobbed until the end of time. Thanks, Atlanta.
    Here's the thing Gary...while I agree with you in general, they arguably lost because they did not take their foot off the gas when they got in field goal range twice in the 4th quarter.

I told my wife both times they got to the 25 yard line in the 4th quarter "please, please, please just keep it on the ground and kick a field goal"

Even the first time they were in field goal range I felt that just that one field goal would make it virtually impossible for the Patriots to beat them.

Yet, they continued to drop back and both times ended up with no points...boggled my freakin mind that they did that.

Sometimes I think coaches and players are too close to the game to see the big picture.

...Needless to say I did not watch the over time either!....
    Last edited by GBMelBlount; 02-06-2017 at 01:45 PM.
    "With love, with patience, and with Faith
    ....She'll make her way" ~ Natalie Merchant

Quote Originally Posted by tube68 View Post
    Atlanta choked away the game. Ryan made a colossal mistake taking the sack. Lol Goodhell sucks

Aw crap. I created a duplicate profile. I hate Tapatalk!!!

Aw crap. I created a duplicate profile. I hate Tapatalk!!!

It's crash!

Senior Member Array title="AtlantaDan has a reputation beyond repute"> AtlantaDan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
    Here's the thing Gary...while I agree with you in general, they arguably lost because they did not take their foot off the gas when they got in field goal range twice in the 4th quarter.

I told my wife both times they got to the 25 yard line in the 4th quarter "please, please, please just keep it on the ground and kick a field goal"

Even the first time they were in field goal range I felt that just that one field goal would make it virtually impossible for the Patriots to beat them.

Yet, they continued to drop back and both times ended up with no points...boggled my freakin mind that they did that.

Sometimes I think coaches and players are too close to the game to see the big picture.

...Needless to say I did not watch the over time either!....
    The third and one from the 35 sack/fumble of Ryan with over 8 minutes to go was to me an even bigger mistake than the botched series from the Pats 22 with less than 5 minutes left. Run the ball there after 2 runs for 9 yards (although the second run resulted in RB Tevin Coleman being injured) and the worst that can happen is a punt to force the Pats to go 70 yards down 16 points.

After the Pats cut it to 28-20 with a short field after the fumble, Dan Quinn knew his defense was gassed and Ryan made a very aggressive throw on the great Julio Jones catch to get the Falcons to the 22. While three runs for no gain would have left a very makeable 40 yard FG attempt, the Pats had already blocked an extra point (which was rekicked after the Pats improperly were called for a penalty) so the Falcons might have considered that a FG was no sure thing. So I can at least rationalize staying aggressive on that possession.

But I generally agree the Falcons were too aggressive after going up 28-3 in terms of both play selection (5 running plays after they went up 28-3), and Ryan with a big lead not letting the play clock run down before the snap (although I admit that since Ben seems to never have it snapped with more than 2 seconds on the clock I am used to seeing snaps around zero on the clock consistently )

Worst loss in Super Bowl history and worst loss in an Atlanta sports history that has seen its share of them (one championship by the 1995 Braves in over 50 years of NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL teams)

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

They didn't have to keep their foot on the gas. Just run it or screen to Freeman and kick a FG and the game is most likely over. And by the way...where was Beasley all game?

Senior Member Array title="43Hitman has a reputation beyond repute">
    3 Reel Treasure Slots Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    They didn't have to keep their foot on the gas. Just run it or screen to Freeman and kick a FG and the game is most likely over. And by the way...where was Beasley all game?
    Hanging with Harrison and Dupree in coverage?

Beasley was rushing up field he just couldn't make the turn...lol.